Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crazy to read the comments about Dabo on the postgame video from Meineke Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,294

Crazy to read the comments about Dabo on the postgame video from Meineke Bowl

Jul 7, 2020, 8:22 AM

Thought the story this morning was really cool because it had a link to the old videos and showed the posts that TNet users had made. I know that was an ugly loss and there was no way to know what Clemson was going to do under Dabo’s lead, but some of the stuff people said was just flat out dumb

Someone said if you buy stock on Dabo you will lose your butt lol

Someone said that Dabo quit on the team lol

Thank the Lord that the Clemson AD knew way more about Dabo than any fans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crazy to read the comments about Dabo on the postgame video from Meineke Bowl

Jul 7, 2020, 8:32 AM

Very disappointing game. To lose to a S Fl team led by Skip Holtz. At that point you would have never guessed we had such a run of great football ahead. Prospects looked very dismal then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crazy to read the comments about Dabo on the postgame video from Meineke Bowl

Jul 7, 2020, 8:42 AM

And the QB in that game went on to break numerous ACC records

Chad Morris should get a ton of credit of changing our offensive identity

Jul 7, 2020, 8:51 AM

Elliot and Scott improved on that, then the Venables hire was probably the biggest homerun Clemson football has ever hit. Everything meshed after that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND for recruiting DW4!***

Jul 7, 2020, 2:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2020, 8:57 AM

You think? There are hundreds of thousands of reasons($$$) that there are differences between AD's, University Presidents, Coaches and fans.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:05 AM

No kidding. The comments after that game show exactly why they make that money

Jul 7, 2020, 11:03 AM

I remember at the beginning everyone was mad because we didn't hire Lane Kiffen.

Link to those posts?***

Jul 7, 2020, 3:59 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 1:24 AM

The recruiting class we signed a month after that loss was a game changer .
Dabo showed that he was a tireless worker on the recruiting trail and that to me has had everything to do with how we are percieved since then .
I don't know who said it , but you have to have the horses to win the races .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 8, 2020, 3:18 AM

I was so disappointed that our leadership thought that Dabo Swinney was the man for the HC job after his interim term .
Clemson football needed a big name hire after that season , and we deserved better than some guy who'd never been anything more than a position coach at the D-1 level .
Sure he beat the Coots , but even the fired guy he'd temporarily taken over for had been doing that .
I thought ... when is Clemson going to hire another coach that could take us to that next level ? That place where you win conference championship games and get chances to play for even bigger titles ?

I mean , Dabo Swinney ? Get real , Clemson .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,294
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic