Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid is still a thing. Just got an awful reminder.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 636

Covid is still a thing. Just got an awful reminder.

Mar 1, 2021, 1:07 PM

One of the wife's longtime best friends, guy who lives south of London, just lost his fiance yesterday. I've met Peter a few times over the years, and the last time I saw him was 5 years ago in London, so I didn't get to meet his fiance in person. She was turning 50 this year, no underlying health issues besides a lil extra weight most of us carry around to some extent. A Covid-positive woman took her child to daycare (I guess the fiance has a child there, but not sure), and there are now 14 cases linked directly to this person. Fiance lives alone, and was having some breathing difficulty breathing this weekend. Her family and Peter urged her to go to the hospital, and she didn't. She suffered a pulmonary embolism, and was found yesterday. She was rushed to the hospital, but had no brain activity and passed last night.

I'm heartbroken for the guy. One of the nicest people I've ever met. The real bitch of it too is that she was scheduled to get her first shot in the next week or two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eff...that sucks. Make you want to punch people...

Mar 1, 2021, 1:39 PM

in the throat that claim COVID is a hoax, i.e. your SIL. Of course, that's probably 1 on a list of 100 throat-punch worthy statements/actions from what I've read on here about her.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 636
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic