Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football.

Jul 2, 2020, 11:40 AM

Two vaccine manufacturers have gone to the second stage of FDA approved human testing, both Pfizer and Biontech. They are obviously being fast tracked which is not easy to do with our FDA. That said, initial phase of testing had to show 50% improvement rate which they passed. Pfizer stock is jumping today.

Also there are 2 other companies that have started the FDA trials process. So with a total of 4 current vaccines hopefully being fast tracked with an initial improvement of 50% or greater could be a great sign. Plus this gives an opportunity to have Covid added as a metric for the fall flu vaccines. All positives and hopefully let's us get back to normalcy in very near future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football.

Jul 2, 2020, 11:47 AM

I once had Pfizer stock but sold it. I have a bad habit of buying high and selling low.

Anyway, great news. I wish both companies success on this vaccine and future medicine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 3:00 PM

That's my technique for buying houses, buy high sell low! Kinda hard on the retirement plan. Now I'm looking for a lake house and I'm afraid I'm doing it again!

Jul 3, 2020, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

I thought that was the way you were supposed to do it . No wonder I didn’t make any money .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

I once had Pfizer stock but sold it. I have a bad habit of buying high and selling low.

Anyway, great news. I wish both companies success on this vaccine and future medicine.

Same here. Bought a bunch about a month ago. It was the only one I had losing money, so I dropped it like a bad girlfriend. Maybe even at a loss. Luckily I picked up a little more before the news this morning.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:07 PM

Vaccines are, at best, 2-3 years away.

Jul 2, 2020, 4:06 PM

A HIV vaccine has been a front burner political issue since 1984. Still none in sight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 11:19 PM

HIV was and has always been easily traced once it left the 3rd world countries. Immediate vaccines was not a priority over keeping your ######## out of rears initially. Obviously it grew to drug users and others but tracking it wasn't too hard. It was more of a choice, you are not going to get AIDS from a football game if 70 out of 70k ppl had it. Not even same in immediate need to cure.

They have 1..it is on tv commercials

Jul 22, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

Now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm sorry, but what are your credentials??***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

Even Dr. Doom says a vaccine

Jul 2, 2020, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

Is possible by the end of the year

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

I think you are wrong. Normally they would be on the normal 10yr fast track that FDA has caused for yrs. That is why wealthy people have left the US for extreme treatments for the last 20yrs. Just like Magic J was given a death sentence when he announced, but his money bought him treatments in Mexico that saved his life.

That said, Trump and gov't has said that they will demand certain restrictions to be removed if we have probable need to reduce the "Pandemic".

50% reduction is worth the risk almost immediately if side effects are not being recognized. Especially if you are in the age group that needs extra protection immediately

Jul 2, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

I think you are wrong. Normally they would be on the normal 10yr fast track that FDA has caused for yrs. That is why wealthy people have left the US for extreme treatments for the last 20yrs. Just like Magic J was given a death sentence when he announced, but his money bought him treatments in Mexico that saved his life.

That said, Trump and gov't has said that they will demand certain restrictions to be removed if we have probable need to reduce the "Pandemic".

50% reduction is worth the risk almost immediately if side effects are not being recognized. Especially if you are in the age group that needs extra protection immediately

Yeah, your optimism is unrealistic

Jul 2, 2020, 12:38 PM

about 8% of drugs going from phase I to phase II ever get to phase IV. To think this is going to have some effect on a football season that starts in 2 months?

We are all hoping but understand that these announcements are more to drive stock price than to inform.

Re: Yeah, your optimism is unrealistic

Jul 22, 2020, 9:07 AM

2 companies are going to stage 4 now. They have passed the new 30,000 people test. Actually only 1 is migrating as of today but the second will be by end of wk. Yes, this is faster than any previous vaccine approval, but this is needed. Once again Trump making agencies beyond what was once an acceptable pace, which fo many was never acceptable.

Companies are showing over 50% improvement. We dont know how much better it will be, but at end of day 50% is a huge number at the current rate of infected.

No other president has mandated these schedules, they are not proven yet, but anyone that says Trump hasnt tried to help Americans are not reading the facts. I hope the vaccine works, because we need it for normalcy, we need it because I am a cancer survivor that if I get it, my lungs are severely damaged from radiation, my survivorship is really low percentage. But these hate conspiring persons against Trump are totally false. Americans deserve better.

Jul 2, 2020, 3:52 PM

Hey @TTigerBigBass. Any "good news" is good. WHAT WE NEED TO DO is make phone calls when we see a bunch of people gathered without masks or without social distancing. They are causing it. Three of my friends have COVID and have NO symptoms. Many of the football players have/had no symptoms. It's not making everybody sick -- really just a relative few get extremely sick. If we can just use some self-control and if PARENTS wouldn't let their kids go to parties, the numbers will go down significantly. Football will be ON as long we quit acting so foolishly. And masks DO protect -- masks and social distancing -- especially if everyone is wearing them! Just wear your #### mask!

Question -

Jul 2, 2020, 9:45 PM

What is the difference if we fully open now or later? It will spread regardless. Slowing the spread down now will do nothing to help the spikes when we do open schools, etc.

From a football standpoint, wouldn't you rather runs it's course now or duing the season.

Point is, slowing it down now will not stop it later.

Re: Question -

Jul 2, 2020, 11:15 PM

Well the quick answer is that there are just so many hospital beds, then add the need for respirators for those that have got that sick. Main thing was to never maximize our bed needs because there are others that need beds as well, like heart attacks, car accidents, etc, etc.

If you fill the beds then normal daily health and accidents dont get same attention plus there are so many ventilators available.

Good news is last I saw, total beds used with ventilators was only in the 17% range for total available in SC.

Re: Question - the thing is

Jul 3, 2020, 1:19 PM

Until there's a vaccine this thing isn't going anywhere. So again, the question is - what is the point of slowing down now with the expectation it will help open up later? Whether we allow it to run it's course now or later, what is the difference? The amount of hospital beds is the same now as it will be by football season.

And again, as far as football season, what good is it doing to slow things down now only to release it during the season? How incredibly saddening will it be to start the season only to have it canceled when teams can't put a full team onto the field?

Slowing it now does nothing to keep it at bay later. That seems to be an extremely common misnomer.

Bullies***

Jul 22, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid 19 Good News! Some hope for football. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If we plan on a vaccine saving our football

Jul 2, 2020, 9:34 PM

our season is hopeless.

i think this is a bigger break through

Jul 2, 2020, 10:55 PM

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/07/02/michigan-henry-ford-health-study-finds-hydroxychloroquine-lowers-covid-19-death-rate/5365090002/

Bend the Rules for This Emergency

Jul 22, 2020, 10:36 AM

If the vaccine has worked safely on 30,000 individuals, let's bend the rules and administer the thing with careful monitoring for complications. I think this is something Trump would consider. I'd take the thing right now.

I am legend***

Jul 22, 2020, 12:48 PM

I heard the widespread availability date is

Jul 22, 2020, 12:39 PM

November 4, 2020.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic