Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Cousin's store"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

"Cousin's store"

Dec 15, 2016, 10:53 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to pin down the location of a place I'm sure some of you know about. They only thing I've ever heard it called was "Cousins store". I remember going their on a Saturday night on a field trip when I was at The Citadel. I remember that it was a place where all the old guys came down out of the mountains gathered around and played Bluegrass music. Somewhere up near Ellicott Rock State park (where we stayed). I'd love to go back there one of these days when I'm east of the Mississippi.

Anyone got the 411 on it?

Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: "Cousin's store"

Dec 15, 2016, 11:00 AM

http://hikingthecarolinas.com/Cousins.php

I think this is what you are talking about. Hope it helps.

Dec 15, 2016, 11:05 AM

It's been a long time since I've been to Cousin's. They used to have a group of guys that gathered on Saturday nights and play bluegrass. As I remember, you follow 28 out of Walhalla up the mountain and it is on the left before the 28/107 split, just past Crystal Lake. I think that's right, if not, it is pretty darn close to there. We used to go when visiting family at Lake Becky.

Dec 15, 2016, 11:17 AM

Cousin's store is closed now. It was outside Walhalla just before Mountain Rest on the way to Cashiers.

Well that's sad....

Dec 15, 2016, 11:31 AM

but thanks for the info and to everyone else who replied. .

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Well that's sad....

Dec 15, 2016, 11:40 AM

Like others have pointed out, Cousins has been closed for some time. If you are looking for similar bluegrass entertainment, the General Store in Long Creek may work for you. There is bluegrass music almost every Friday night. Just go US 76 out of Westminster toward Georgia and it'll be on the right as you enter Long Creek. It actually isn't that far from Cousins.

More free bluegrass spots

Dec 15, 2016, 12:30 PM

1- We love going to Table Rock State Park, 2nd Saturday every month. 1 or 2 o'clock. At the beautiful lodge built by the CCC. Usually around 20 old folks playing, definitely not professional. Downstairs another younger group plays.
2- hagood mill in Pickens - 3rd Sat of month during warm weather they have different groups including SC fiddle convention. All free, loads to see including operating mill (buy delish fresh cornmeal) black Smith, new bldg with Indian carvings. Stay all day.
3- Robert Perry home - I think it's open every Monday - look up Perryville online. It's way back in Pickens close to hagood mill, bluegrass players gather in a Very rustic building. Maybe too rustic for the faint of heart.

If you've never stopped to eat lunch in a back woods filling station, Perryville may be too"way back" for you.

and don't forget about Glenn Ziegler's....

Dec 15, 2016, 12:58 PM

Albino Skunk Bluegrass festival every spring up in Greer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 15, 2016, 12:41 PM

lol I grew up not far from "cuzzins". It's been closed for probly 10 years. The state park not far past it on hwy 107 still has square dances every Friday night during the summer. Like it was said earlier the new bluegrass spot for Oconee county is the silver dollar store on hwy 76 in long creek. Some of the same folks from cuzzins go there now.

Dec 15, 2016, 1:10 PM

If you are into that kind of entertainment you need to visit us for Merlefest

Dec 15, 2016, 3:28 PM

I grew up less than 30 mins from North Wilkesboro. I saw Doc play numerous times. Merlfest not what it used to be.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic