Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happened last Wednesday was bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

What happened last Wednesday was bad

Jan 13, 2021, 1:54 PM

But this scripted, "we survived" and "this was one of our darkest days" is maybe the biggest sloppiest, droopiest virtue signal of WAP that I have ever seen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: What happened last Wednesday was bad

Jan 13, 2021, 1:58 PM

They need to just get over it. I can’t count how many times my place of work gets invaded by hordes of people fired up for civil war, tribunals, and hangings, who believe I literally rape, kill, and eat children.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, I can't wait to see how this is viewed 5 years from now

Jan 13, 2021, 2:28 PM

All of y'all are going to be nodding in agreement that like 33 people were murdered by fully semi-automatic machine guns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol, I can't wait to see how this is viewed 5 years from now

Jan 13, 2021, 2:32 PM

Where the lie tho?

This has gone from "John was a decent QB in high school"

Jan 13, 2021, 2:37 PM

to "John would have been a HOF NFL QB had he just not torn his ACL senior year" pretty fast. Some of the rhetoric is just hilarious. Usually takes several months, if not years to have people buy into the exaggerated version of events like this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This has gone from "John was a decent QB in high school"

Jan 13, 2021, 2:39 PM

Look admittedly I’m not watching whatever is happening in the news today, but the derp brigade of Q anon people that LARPed their way into the capitol last week won’t get anything but ridicule from me

That's fine, but anyone acting like this came anywhere close

Jan 13, 2021, 2:41 PM

to events like 9/11 should be equally ridiculed.

As much as some of ya'll would like for it to happen, no one

Jan 13, 2021, 2:50 PM

is comparing it to anything near 9/11.

Nothing more than christmas carolers showing up at an old folks home, right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes they are. I know this is where we pretend this extreme

Jan 13, 2021, 2:57 PM

rhetoric we're seeing in the media and elsewhere doesn't exist...but yeah, it does.

Now I know you're about to go furiously digging through google to disprove the fact that nobody has directly equated it to 9/11 and ignore the larger point about the huge emotional over-reaction many are having over this. God speed in your search.

Huge emotional overreaction?

Jan 13, 2021, 3:01 PM

Nah, I think it's the reaction to those that are so brainwashed by dear leader that they minimize events like the one that happened. I think that's what you may be worried about.

Yes, huge emotional overreaction

Jan 13, 2021, 3:08 PM

If it had happened in say, 2014? Sure, get your panties in a huge wad. After a year like 2020? Nah, everyone condemns it, but it's a blip on the radar for those not emotionally invested in hating everything related to Trump.

Man I just don't know. Hard for me to call wanting to hold

Jan 13, 2021, 3:12 PM

those accountable for an armed storming of the Capitol building that resulted in several deaths a "huge emotional overreaction".

That's awesome, I'm glad for you. Everyone agrees

Jan 13, 2021, 3:18 PM

ITT we are mocking the over the top rhetoric that many seem eager to engage in.

Could you possibly use evidence to back up your point?

Jan 13, 2021, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Yes they are. I know this is where we pretend this extreme ]

Or are you fine with just assuming you're right because you feel like it's true?

Just for chits and giggles, how should we handle the fact that our Capitol was attacked by a mob of Trump supporters who were incited by his emotional and extreme rhetoric?

If this had been islamist extremists we'd already be bombing

Jan 13, 2021, 2:54 PM [ in reply to That's fine, but anyone acting like this came anywhere close ]

their countries.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And if it had been islamic extremists, you'd probably

Jan 13, 2021, 3:01 PM

be adding some zeroes to the end of the death count.

But if they had killed the same number, we'd still be bombin

Jan 13, 2021, 3:02 PM

foreign lands. So, it's not so much a decent high school QB situation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, if we want to play the what if game

Jan 13, 2021, 3:14 PM

Had it been BLM/Antifa, many Democrats would be applauding the mostly peaceful protests, and telling us the damage done to the building is what insurance is for. Any violence would be downplayed, and it's unfortunate people were made to feel uncomfortable, but sometimes that's necessary for societal change.

You know, the same narrative we heard all year. I know, I know, we aren't supposed to bring that up in relation to last week anymore.

No. Nobody will. !Remindme in 5 years.***

Jan 13, 2021, 2:32 PM [ in reply to lol, I can't wait to see how this is viewed 5 years from now ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: lol, I can't wait to see how this is viewed 5 years from now

Jan 13, 2021, 2:43 PM [ in reply to lol, I can't wait to see how this is viewed 5 years from now ]

I love how you reactionaries can predict the future - and get fired up over it.

It's almost as if they forgot how they acted when a

Jan 13, 2021, 2:43 PM [ in reply to lol, I can't wait to see how this is viewed 5 years from now ]

BernieBro shot up a ballfield full of republicans

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

you didnt care when it was happening

Jan 13, 2021, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened last Wednesday was bad ]

to small businesses that didn't have police protection. Why do you care now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you didnt care when it was happening

Jan 13, 2021, 2:35 PM

I didn’t?

Do we need to cover the difference between a

Jan 13, 2021, 2:36 PM [ in reply to you didnt care when it was happening ]

liquor store in Portland and the Capitol building or no?

Re: Do we need to cover the difference between a

Jan 13, 2021, 2:47 PM

yes, one is heavily defended and had cops to get people out of harms way.

One had no protection.

I do not care that it was the capital more than I care about a person who has built their life around a business and then it is taken away. I value small business and I value those people actually higher than the protected class in Washington.

I am not sure how you weigh out life, but that Liquor Store owner getting shot at and firebombed is just as important than Jim Jordan, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Matt Gaetz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You worried about small business or foot locker and target?

Jan 13, 2021, 2:59 PM

You're getting more hard to follow.

Anywho, I don't value any single individual more than the other. I don't know ANY of them. Crime bad. In all cases.

Armed people storming a government building with hundreds of lawmakers is worse than armed person shooting at a liquor store. WHY? Not because an individual life is worth more than another, but because oh say several hundred lives are more important than 3 or 4.

Now that that's out of the way, let's just look at law. You like law? You support law? Want to see law enforced or no?

Crimes involving the injury of federal property are treated much more harshly than similar crimes involving injury of non-federal property.

I can't believe I even responded to this nonsense. I think quozel had it right.

Re: Do we need to cover the difference between a

Jan 13, 2021, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Do we need to cover the difference between a ]

Hey man, that was a really insightful comment. I really enjoyed your post. You seem very wise.

Jan 13, 2021, 1:59 PM

I think they are completely accurate. You're the one who is clueless. You might have wanted to save the comment for yourself. You come across as very uneducated on basic US history. It was one of the darker days in US history.

I could name 250 "darker" times in our country

Jan 13, 2021, 2:06 PM

Your personal attacks throughout the past 12 hours continue to show me that you don't actually have any articulate ideas about someone's comment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could name 250 "darker" times in our country

Jan 13, 2021, 2:08 PM

We will go with outside of war time. You're not very educated as most can see here, but let's just go with 30 of them. Now go.. Lay it on everyone.

Jan 13, 2021, 2:29 PM

1. 9/11
2. Pearl Harbor
3. Challenger Explosion
4. San Francisco Earthquake
5. Hurricane Katrina
6. MLK Assassination
7. Lincoln Assassination
8. JFK Assassination
9. Black Tuesday
10. Shelling of Ft. Sumter
11. Secession of SC
12. Atlanta Olympic Bombing
13. Oklahoma City Bombing
14. Waco Standoff
15. Any day where slavery was legal
16. Wounded Knee
17. Vegas Shooting
18. Sandy Hook
19. Aurora
20. Hurricane Maria
21. Johnstown Flood
22. Benghazi
23. Assassination of Robert Kennedy
24. Cuban Missile Crisis
25. Washington KKK march
26. Take your pick of any day from the trail of tears
27. Columbine
28. Columbia accident
29. Exxon Oil Spill
30. Hurricane Harvey

Hugs and kisses, Carlsbad®

Jan 13, 2021, 2:34 PM

No cap, that freak that shot up the elementary school is hands down the most disturbing, awful, god foresaken thing I could ever imagine.

Jan 13, 2021, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I could name 250 "darker" times in our country ]

rulz,

I think there are two ways to consider this.

1. In terms of the material- in which you have a point.

2. In terms of the threat to our ongoing democracy - in which very few of the things in your list are even in the ballpark.

The 2nd is the center of the comments being made in the House today.

Jan 13, 2021, 3:13 PM

Jan 13, 2021, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I could name 250 "darker" times in our country ]

Benghazi?

Good God. Benghazi was a straw man then and using it now is beyond stupid. Four people died at the hands of foreigners at an embassy; those are often targets, which is why they have Navy SEALS and Marines protecting them.

Five people died in our own Capital building at the hands of fellow Americans in a riot incited by the president of the United States of America trying to overturn the lawful results of an election...but that's somehow less "dark"?

Okay.

You are ignoring the Clinton ties to Benghazi. I would add

Jan 13, 2021, 3:54 PM

Pizzagate to that list as well, also with ties to the Clintons and their insatiable appetite for young children's blood.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They probably feel like a bunch of little kids

Jan 13, 2021, 2:09 PM

having to hide under desks to avoid a gunman.

Your post is like Kim Kardashian.

Jan 13, 2021, 2:12 PM

I could see that "but" coming from a mile away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely been some grandstanding...

Jan 13, 2021, 2:36 PM

But all in all, it was a dark day and one that threatened our nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Not seriously threatened though, right? There needed to

Jan 13, 2021, 4:15 PM

be 500,000 armed instead of 50,000 with a few hundred armed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 2:42 PM

rulz,

I might understand your feelings about - we survived.

But it WAS a dark day - for Congress and for American democracy.

It was probably the darkest day for Republicans, and

Jan 13, 2021, 2:49 PM

that's why we keep seeing all the deflections.

Totally agreed, it was a dark day

Jan 13, 2021, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened last Wednesday was bad ]

But doesn't quite make my list of "darkest days" in the history of this nation.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic