Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could Feaster out do Gallman this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Could Feaster out do Gallman this year?

Aug 4, 2016, 8:29 AM

I been reading from the media and other sources that Feaster is...fast. I watch some of his High School playing videos and he kind of reminds me of C.J. Spiller.

Does anyone else think this kid could be our next Spiller?
If so will he win the starting position?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Aug 4, 2016, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto***

Aug 4, 2016, 8:38 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR***

Aug 4, 2016, 8:39 AM [ in reply to No.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Hopefully Bob will be along soon to shorten it up for you.***

Aug 4, 2016, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ditto***

Aug 4, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to TL;DR*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Did Spiller Beat out James Davis when he was a Freshman?***

Aug 4, 2016, 8:42 AM

Re: Did Spiller Beat out James Davis when he was a Freshman?***

Aug 4, 2016, 8:43 AM

good point.

Speed is important, you can't "coach" it, but there is so

Aug 4, 2016, 8:56 AM

much more to the running back position than that skill set. Wayne Gallman might likely be the best, pound for pound, rb in college football.

He's not HUGH like a Fournette[6'1" 230] or a naturally gifted runner as is Dalvin Cook - remember Gallman is only been playing the position full-time for 3 years[one a rs] going into his 4th. He was very limited in his wing-T role in high school and spent most of his time at LB.

He finishes every run going forward. He delivers punishment like few 6'1", 210 running backs can and though he runs high at times, he almost never gets squared up. It's been a long time since I've been so confident with Clemson in a short yardage situation mostly because of the young man's ability.

And if all that wasn't enough, he doesn't put the ball on the ground. If he can improve, it's where Feaster might get some reps and that's coming out of the backfield in the passing game.

Looking forward to watching Feaster grow up in this offense, but he's not taking Gallman's spot.

Re: Speed is important, you can't "coach" it, but there is so

Aug 4, 2016, 2:58 PM

Well said DSP, I agree 100%. Just didn't realize you knew much about the football team.

Smh - I'm impressed sir

; )

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

No, but James Davis beat out Reggie Merriweather as a frosh

Aug 4, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Did Spiller Beat out James Davis when he was a Freshman?*** ]

and Merriweather had been the solidly established starter the previous year and had a fine season.

It's possible for a hot shot incoming freshman RB to beat out an upper-classman starter, but personally, I don't see anyone threatening Gallman this season.

Still, I predict that in a few minutes someone in their haste to rebut the opinions of numerous other posters in this thread, will take exception to my subject line and make a knee jerk response without reading the entire post.

However, he will do it in such a respectful and empathetic manner that one is hard pressed to become upset, or to question his wisdom and total command of the topic ... then he and his friends will proceed to trade sharply crafted witticisms while patting themselves on the back for the next 10-12 replies.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All due respect, but Reggie Merriweather != Wayne Gallman...

Aug 4, 2016, 10:40 AM

that's a joke.

No

Aug 4, 2016, 10:47 AM

But it speaks to our recruiting and depth... We have several guys that aren't starting but would be stars at other D1 schools. It's a great problem to have. Sure usuck would love to have all our 2nd string guys lol

Thanks ... and while I do appreciate your respect.

Aug 4, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to All due respect, but Reggie Merriweather != Wayne Gallman... ]

... if you'd read the post instead of just reacting to the subject line, you'd have seen that I pretty much agree with you.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're welcome and I read the entirety, but the exception

Aug 4, 2016, 11:47 AM

or example used does not remotely equate, so I pointed it out.

Sorry if that's a problem for you.

You sure are

Aug 4, 2016, 12:20 PM

hankering for some kind of fight today dsp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Apparently.***

Aug 4, 2016, 12:22 PM

See?????

Aug 4, 2016, 1:40 PM [ in reply to You sure are ]

He's so testy these days!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I agree, David. And you were wise not to

Aug 4, 2016, 1:45 PM

take any crap from him on Monday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: See?????

Aug 4, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to See????? ]

Dsp does have the testes if you test him

Just another day in the park for dsp.***

Aug 4, 2016, 3:25 PM

Re: Just another day in the park for dsp.***

Aug 4, 2016, 3:36 PM

With me being a 40 percenter, most all of my days consist of a day in the park

An old girlfriend was part of the music scene in Richmond.

Aug 4, 2016, 3:43 PM

I was lucky to meet some great personalities, including David Lowery, lead dude for Cracker & CB. He had a great interview some time back when he said he didn't necessarily have fuck you money, but he had the attitude - I never took him as a bad person, just one that was very sure in what he was doing, where he was going and how he was going to get there - unencumbered.

I don't have a care in the world, because I don't worry about that which I can not control. And I definitely don't have any feelings you can hurt. It only gets messy when folks get emotionally encumbered and reason is replaced with the madness those feelings wrought.

[note: no pigs of my cherokee or her identical twin]

Re: An old girlfriend was part of the music scene in Richmond.

Aug 4, 2016, 3:47 PM

Thats a good story, and you tell it so well. I will never have "#### you money" but I definitely have the attitude that I'd imagine goes with that type of money.

***How can you say #### but I can't say ####? Now I really think you may in fact be the antichrist, or Crump.

Message was edited by: gville76®

Aug 4, 2016, 3:52 PM

nice catch! i'm gonna try it: #### #### ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 4, 2016, 3:54 PM

###! guess i'll have to stick with fuq. i need a magic keybored

##### & ##### are personal favorites. It's always nice to

Aug 4, 2016, 4:02 PM

include a randy pig with...

##### i know?

As for circumventing the language filter, I'm afraid myself and the chosen few might likely take that to the grave.

Or you could type < b >< /b >[removing the spaces] after fu and before ck.

always helpful!

Aug 4, 2016, 4:16 PM

many thx

Whoa! You've pulled back the curtain on the Great Oz???***

Aug 4, 2016, 4:52 PM [ in reply to ##### & ##### are personal favorites. It's always nice to ]

don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain***

Aug 4, 2016, 4:53 PM

Re: Could Feaster out do Gallman this year?

Aug 4, 2016, 8:46 AM

4.2--40 fast
Dabo & CJ allowed #28 to come out of retirement
We have over the years had some good RB's with
time, effort & focus he could join them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt he is and will be a beast but

Aug 4, 2016, 8:55 AM

Gallman earned every carry he gets this year and will continue to pound it. Swear I think he accelerates when he makes contact. Feaster is going to be a star. As you said fast and already 207. Solid.

Let me think....

Aug 4, 2016, 9:06 AM

No.

null

Maybe you need a little more time or want a do over?

Aug 4, 2016, 9:12 AM

Don't get me wrong, no is a perfectly good answer.

Crump musta got fired while I was away.***

Aug 4, 2016, 9:14 AM

null

It was that or a fresh coat of paint and who likes to paint?***

Aug 4, 2016, 9:24 AM

Aug 4, 2016, 9:09 AM

Gallman will get most of the carries but I can see us rotating all 5 backs. Keep em fresh!

No, you always go with the "hot" hand like Tommy Bowden

Aug 4, 2016, 9:12 AM

did in 'that' SCAR game.

null

Why you always bringing the board down, bro?

Aug 4, 2016, 9:27 AM

I'd say you've been missed for the right amount of money.

I'm just trying to get back in the groove.***

Aug 4, 2016, 9:28 AM

null

Can Feaster pick up a blitz, block effectively for DW4 ....

Aug 4, 2016, 9:28 AM

Also can he remember assignments, be patient, follow blocks, find the hole and seams, run good pass routes, catch passes and NOT fumble.

Might be wrong, but there could be more to the position than running fast. Certainly Feaster showed indications that he could do many things well in high school ... But doing it well in college in places like Auburn and Tallahassee is a totally different game.

Re: Can Feaster pick up a blitz, block effectively for DW4 ....

Aug 4, 2016, 3:02 PM

No he won't but he will get his reps

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HeII No***

Aug 4, 2016, 9:45 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so. I see his freshman season being similar

Aug 4, 2016, 10:11 AM

to CJ's. They'll find a way to use him while Gallman will be our workhorse. Should be a great situation for both backs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2016, 11:01 AM

Doubtful. Speed and elusiveness will get him touches, but blocking and pass catching will keep him on the field. Those are two things that Wayne does better right now. (At least, I'd assume that.)

Aug 4, 2016, 3:45 PM

You forgot that Feaster was a 5 star RB...but it was stated that if he was a WR he's still be rated 4 Stars. Blocking I agree with but I'll go out on a limb and say Feaster is the better of the 2 catching the ball.

hmmm....ok??

Aug 4, 2016, 11:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msQdUw3jSjM

Aug 4, 2016, 12:57 PM

Gallman-Feaster in 2016 could be similar to the James Davis-CJ Spiller combo in Spiller's freshman year.

Aug 4, 2016, 1:46 PM

I nominate this thread as a "Potato thread of the year candidate".

Aug 4, 2016, 1:46 PM

I don't think Gallman gets unseated as the starter, but I don't think he has near the year he had last year either. Feaster will get plenty of opportunities and I think Choice and possibly Fuller and/or Dye will get significant opportunities as well. It's been said over and over that Dabo has been intentional to create a culture without entitlement where everyone who is prepared gets their chance. Granted rb's need touches to get in a groove, but we will get to see how strong this backfield is this year.

Aug 4, 2016, 3:10 PM

Not picking on anyone but Feasters ypc will be the highest on the team this year. With him getting in the game in the last quarter, you catch him, I sure can't and a dog tired defense won't be able to either.

Aug 4, 2016, 4:30 PM

Good point... and trust me, we will see him in the game with Wayne in there at the same time. Pick your poison in the spread option... Wayne Train, Feaster, or Tay... good luck with that.

No

Aug 4, 2016, 2:49 PM

Nm

Aug 4, 2016, 5:38 PM

Having speed and being able to run between the tackles is two different things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Definitely not. They will work him into the rotation

Aug 4, 2016, 5:47 PM

because he's a play maker, but Gallman will still be the workhorse.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic