Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coronavirus task force press briefing - 5:30pm EDT (3/22)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Coronavirus task force press briefing - 5:30pm EDT (3/22)

Mar 22, 2020, 5:17 PM

Watch 'em while the media still let you see them unfiltered. They're already dropping them from their main feeds over the air.

https://youtu.be/nYTW7kBPaQo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk

Mar 22, 2020, 5:30 PM

The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk to average Americans is very low

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk

Mar 22, 2020, 5:34 PM

Yeah , the media , and the medical professionals , and the mayors , the governors , Congress, and the President ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

There will be 10's of thousands of Americans who will die from it though.

People must be banned from going near water

Mar 22, 2020, 5:42 PM

If it saves a single precious life, it’s worth it don’t you think?

https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/water-safety/waterinjuries-factsheet.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: People must be banned from going near water

Mar 22, 2020, 5:51 PM

Going in water is a choice. It can be avoided.
It's like you can avoid getting AIDS by choice. This is not exactly a choice and if we just let it go unchecked and wing it we would lose 100's of thousands. Here is Spain now.

Spain
https://twitter.com/steve_hanke/status/1241815684897738755?s=19

Mar 22, 2020, 6:01 PM

Your compassion and empathy for drowning victims and their families is astounding, blaming them for their own deaths like it was something they chose to do. Sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 22, 2020, 6:09 PM

I feel for all victims, just like I feel for someone who dies sky diving. I just wouldnt compare the choice to sky dive to catching a very contagious airborne virus and dying.

Mar 22, 2020, 6:12 PM

Going to a restaurant or bar or movie or sporting event is a choice. Problem solved.

Mar 22, 2020, 6:20 PM

There is the workplace, subways, markets, etc. They really aren't exactly choices. There are things people have to do to survive in this world. There are things we don't need to do. Swimming would be one of them. That's a hobby. So is skydiving.

Mar 22, 2020, 6:23 PM

You’re right, those activities aren’t necessary yet lead to thousands of deaths. Thus, they should be banned. If only a single life is saved, it’s worth it. Good job.

Mar 22, 2020, 6:33 PM

They don't need to be banned. It's a choice. Some hobbies are dangerous. If someone wants to climb the face of Half Dome in Yosemitte without safety ropes, I say go for it. I don't have to do that. Deadly pandemic airborne viruses are different, at least in my eyes.

So you're saying medical staff who use transportation to get

Mar 22, 2020, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: People must be banned from going near water ]

to/from hospitals, etc. to save lives aren't necessary and they should be banned from going to their jobs? Did you read that in one your Anarchist publications?

Re: So you're saying medical staff who use transportation to get

Mar 22, 2020, 6:48 PM

I said nothing about transportation, hospitals, or going to/from jobs. Weird.

I’m just saying if we can stop thousands of deaths, we should do so. Some people just want them to die, like they deserved it. Although since you bring up transportation, there are thousands and thousands of highway deaths every year but we need to drive so it’s not scary. Plus we don’t really think about all those deaths anyway.

No car driving either.***

Mar 23, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: People must be banned from going near water ]

USA lost 80,000 to flu in 2017-2018. Any outcry????

Mar 23, 2020, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: People must be banned from going near water ]

NOPE

Where were you then? What were you saying then? DID YOU CARE!!!!?????!! about those 80,000

FLU happens. We need go work on vaccines and prudent behavior, but do we need to stop LIVING????

Re: USA lost 80,000 to flu in 2017-2018. Any outcry????

Mar 24, 2020, 3:08 AM

I believe we live on to the fullest as our overpopulated world will allow us to live. With the world population as it is now, today, and sickness will travel like the wild fires in a forest. We live in a time now that when a killer Virus mutates to the type of a covid-19 has, and there will be some hat will even be worse, "All Humans" we will have to do whatever the scientist tell us what is the best way to stop the spread of these Viruses. Life as we knew it yesterday will drastically change in our life of tomorrow. If we refuse to change, these viruses will wipe out at least half or more of the human population.

Stress out the earth, and the earth fights back for a balance, and I do believe this...

Nature sickened
Despite the increased threat of manufactured plague, the WHO still believes it is much more likely the next worldwide epidemic will come from nature.

It highlights that increasing human population densities make it easier for contagious diseases to spread.

It also brings more people in contact with a greater variety of animals, plants and soils as towns and cities spread.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5772943/global-pandemic-of-mystery-disease-could-wipe-out-humanity-top-scientists-warn/

People choke on food everyday --- no more food.***

Mar 23, 2020, 8:20 PM [ in reply to People must be banned from going near water ]

Mar 22, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

Like the flu? Let’s destroy our economy for a decade over the flu.

Mar 22, 2020, 5:53 PM

Only 1 in 1000 that get the flu die. There is a vaccine too. Apples and oranges. This is going to be really ugly in a few weeks.

Mar 22, 2020, 6:16 PM

In another week I believe that the infected # will drop bc of the dire changes that has been made to this point. It is being contained, and it will play itself out!!! The numbers are higher now bc there was so little done to contain it at first. I have enough food to last for a few weeks, and my wife and I are locked in for a few weeks!!!

My #1 question is, how long does this COVID-19 live outside of a human carrier, like a counter, door knob, or toilet seat???

Mar 22, 2020, 6:42 PM

"According to a recent study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can live in the air and on surfaces between several hours and several days. The study found that the virus is viable for up to 72 hours on plastics, 48 hours on stainless steel, 24 hours on cardboard, and 4 hours on copper. It is also detectable in the air for three hours."

In another week

Mar 22, 2020, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

Numbers will be reported from actual tests that were conducted 1-2 weeks ago, pre mass quarantine.

You will see exponential growth in the next 7-14 days in US confirmed cases and US deaths.

Mar 23, 2020, 3:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

The cases will be skyrocketing in 3 weeks. It's not slowing down anytime soon.

The flu has been factored in for decades. It's impact has

Mar 22, 2020, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

been accounted for. Our medical system can handle it, and the people have come to expect it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 22, 2020, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

Carlsbad® said:

There will be 10's of thousands of Americans who will die from it though.

Only 10’s of thousands of deaths would be a miracle...there will be 100’s of thousands of deaths and over 100 million who get it!!!

Mar 22, 2020, 6:55 PM

Some are saying that.

80,000 Americans died if flu in 2017-1018

Mar 23, 2020, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

and yet we did essentially NOTHING!!!!

One MIGHT think this is a DEM ploy to bring down this country economically, and putting power in the hands of the Federal Government. I am not saying that is the case, but it is food for thought.

Mar 22, 2020, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Yeah,The media can’t stand it when someone says the risk ]

is someone in the briefings saying the risk is low, other than trump, who is a moron?

Mar 23, 2020, 8:13 PM

You must not comprehend very well.
All Trump has said is he doesn’t think it’s going to be necessary for regulations in many parts of the Country in a few weeks . They will have a grasp on where the hot spots are and there is no need to have the whole country shut down .
You know it would be pretty stupid to shut the whole country down to the point where it takes years to recover. It’s going to be a few weeks to slow it down then back to business.

Re: Coronavirus task force press briefing - 5:30pm EDT (3/22)

Mar 22, 2020, 6:37 PM

Only 1 in every 10 people who think they have it actually test positive.

Mar 22, 2020, 7:39 PM

Only 1 in every 10 people who think they have it actually test positive.

Even at 1 in 10, that's a higher percentage than the intelligent posts on this board.

Since you are comfortable with the potential threat of catching COVID-19, could you run to the store and pick me up some chips and bread. I'm playing it safe at home.

Mar 22, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus task force press briefing - 5:30pm EDT (3/22) ]

It’s actually 1-8. 32k out of 250k tests.

Mar 22, 2020, 9:51 PM

Well that was brutal to watch. Dunno how anyone listens to Trump speak and feels better about the nation’s chances

It just went on way, way too long last night

Mar 23, 2020, 6:50 PM

They didn't have anything new to say after the first 10 minutes, but were intent on staying on air for two hours. Got pretty incoherent near the end.

Mar 23, 2020, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Coronavirus task force press briefing - 5:30pm EDT (3/22) ]

I wouldn’t want anyone BUT him working this economy back in shape.

As long as he doesn't run it like one of his businesses

Mar 23, 2020, 10:03 PM

Six bankruptcies, hundreds of millions of unpaid debts to small businesses, and multiple years as the biggest loser on his tax returns (largest losses of any other tax return). And he overpays #### stars by offering $10k for sex (most turned him down), but then ends up paying some of them $250k to stay quiet later.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic