Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cord cutters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Cord cutters

Oct 24, 2019, 8:09 PM

Getting closer to firing Comcast.

Are you able to watch local tv channels with streaming services? Rogue website seems to indicate that you need an antenna to do that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cut Dish for YouTube TV

Oct 24, 2019, 8:13 PM

I don’t miss Dish at all. I now live in Bentonville, Arkansas so I can’t speak to your local channels but I get all four of my local networks with YouTube TV, no antenna needed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I cut Dish for YouTube TV

Oct 24, 2019, 8:14 PM

Thank you!

Re: Another Tiger Hog ?

Oct 24, 2019, 11:14 PM [ in reply to I cut Dish for YouTube TV ]

I live in Fayetteville. Go Tigers !

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTubeTV...

Oct 24, 2019, 8:13 PM

Local Channels + ACC Network + SEC Network + all ESPN + Sports South + Fox Sports +...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YouTubeTV...***

Oct 25, 2019, 3:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Currently using psvue and get all of the area's local

Oct 24, 2019, 8:14 PM

channels. I think that capability varies by service.

Re: Cord cutters

Oct 24, 2019, 8:19 PM

Playstation Vue has all the sports channels including ACCN and the local channels. Cutting the cord was the best thing I ever did. I love PS Vue and they have a great lineup without paying for all the junk stations you never watch like I was doing with Direct TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Using Hulu Live. Glad to have gotten rid of

Oct 24, 2019, 8:23 PM

Spectrum. Saving about $80 per month.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 24, 2019, 8:25 PM

Yes, you get your Local Stations! I’m on PlayStation Vue for $55/mo. and love it. It runs off WiFi. PS-Vue has the ACC Network, and all the ESPN’s, and everything you need.
I also cut the Comcast cord - they wanted to up me to like $170, and now I’m at 50 for Internet/WiFi(using Comcast only for that) +
55 for PS/Vue Live TV streaming = $105/mo.
Another one is YoutubeTV. I’ve got it waiting in the wings if I need it - I’ve heard it’s real good. I think it’s 50/mo.
I first tried Hulu and DirecTV and didn’t like either one. Hulu was a mess and DirecTV kept raising their price.
Good Luck => CUT THAT CORD!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cord cutters (Two Options: TV/builtin App or ROKU)

Oct 24, 2019, 8:51 PM

PS: re: Switching to PS/VUE (Playstation/Vue) TV Streaming (or YouTubeTV for that matter)…
Forgot something important…
There are 2 ways to get PS/Vue Streaming working for your TV.
1. If you have a pretty new TV (like my Samsung Q7 series) that has the PS/VUE APP on it, you’ve got it made – nothing extra (the TV inputs your WiFi signal and sends it to its builtin PS/Vue App).
2. If you have an older TV that doesn’t have PS/Vue built in, you’re going to have to add a little ROKU Streaming device (for each TV) that will plug into the HDMI IN plug on your TV. The ROKU inputs the WiFi signal and runs PS/Vue and sends it to your TV. It has its own nice TV Remote that turns the TV ON/off and does the Volume. I went with a ROKU Premier+. For some strange reason, they’re like $80 on Amazon, but I got mine new for $45 on Ebay. The ROKU is loaded with all sorts of other things too – a bunch of free stuff, music, movies etc (which I haven’t bothered with).
CUT THAT CORD!!

Oct 25, 2019, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Cord cutters ]

I switched to PSvue several months ago from Spectrum. Have been reasonably satisfied with it except for the recent changes they made to the guide. Previously was able to scroll forward and back several days, now can't go back at all or go forward more than an hour. The time doesn't advance for every channel so when changing channels have to back out to the guide button to update instead of just scrolling to another channel. Also, getting DVR selections requires going to the Home screen and engaging the PSvue icon. The guide current version is much less user friendly. I use Roku to get the service so the guide may function differently for other access devices. Utube may be a good choice if PSvue makes other changes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Cord cutting isn’t an accurate discretion

Oct 24, 2019, 8:31 PM

Because you still need an ISP. Your internet service is provided through the same cable that you currently receiving TV. I really like Youtube Live TV and you get all local channels. Plus it has lots of viewing features that Charter didn’t provide.

Description, one day I’ll learn to proof read.

Oct 24, 2019, 8:40 PM

Oct 24, 2019, 8:47 PM

Went with xfinity internet. $60 a month. YouTube tv $60 a month. Was paying $240 a month. Everything is good. Hulu,Netflix and amazon to boot sharing this with family. Another $10 bucks a month. Amazon is mine. So it’s been good. Been on u tube tv for 2 months now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're paying $60 for YouTubeTV? Mine is $50! Yes, it has

Oct 24, 2019, 9:07 PM

local channels.

Re: You're paying $60 for YouTubeTV? Mine is $50! Yes, it has

Oct 24, 2019, 9:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've posted multiple times on this, but to summarize

Oct 25, 2019, 2:57 PM

I had Direct TV since 2007. Was paying $155 a month. I switched to Hulu a couple of months ago, and loved it and loved saving close to $100 a month. The only issue with Hulu is I wasn't getting my local ABC, which is where a bunch of the college games are televised.

So I switched to YouTube TV, and actually like it a little better than Hulu due to what you get for your money. With Hulu I was paying $60 a month for the base live service ($45) plus the extended DVR and multiple streams addons ($15). With YouTube TV I'm getting unlimited DVR and multiple streams for $50 a month. Plus along with my local ABC it also has AMC and Hulu does not.

As for local channels, you need to look up each service and see what locals are provided in your area as they vary.

Oct 25, 2019, 4:16 PM

YouTube TV. Hands down best decision I have ever made (at least when it comes to TV).

Oct 25, 2019, 4:55 PM

it depends on where you live, but most of the major services have local channels. Go to their websites (Playstation Vue, Hulu, YouTube) and check your local channel lineup. I use PlayStation Vue in the NOLA market, and I get locals for CBS, NBC, and Fox. ABC is NOT live, but that's a market thing, YouTube TV does not have it either.

Get a Roku, sign up for a trial, cut the cord.

Oct 25, 2019, 5:15 PM

I get ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox locals on YouTube TV in the Greenville area.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic