Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots claim they are back after gaining 325 yds of offense Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Coots claim they are back after gaining 325 yds of offense Saturday

Oct 31, 2016, 8:56 PM

After hearing all the hoopla about Bentley I decided to check out their stats figuring they must have put up about 450 yds and maybe he threw for about 300. Wrong

Bentley threw for 160 yds yes 1-6-0 and total offense was 325. But hey they are back.

Meanwhile the upstate team put up 511 yds and our QB threw for a measly 378 yds against a top 15 team on the road. But coots are back right? Their fans blow my mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Fairness They Might Could Beat El Cid Now***

Oct 31, 2016, 8:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Fairness They Might Could Beat El Cid Now***

Oct 31, 2016, 8:59 PM

Possibly. They do after all have a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning hybrid now according to their fans

Are you sure??

Nov 1, 2016, 9:53 AM [ in reply to In Fairness They Might Could Beat El Cid Now*** ]

The Citadel is 8-0 right now...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: In Fairness They Might Could Beat El Cid Now***

Nov 1, 2016, 10:46 AM [ in reply to In Fairness They Might Could Beat El Cid Now*** ]

I doubt it. The citadel is better this year than last.

They're mentally challenged, sad but true.***

Oct 31, 2016, 9:02 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're mentally challenged, sad but true.***

Oct 31, 2016, 9:28 PM

Well, they still have 2 cupcakes left on their schedule. By then, they will think they are conference champions. They have beat no one of significance. Tennessee, as we are finding out, is in complete disarray and have been for awhile now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ANd that was with UT tossing two,three int's to give them

Oct 31, 2016, 9:27 PM

extra possessions.....

App State was a missed kick away from beating Tenn. SEC East

Oct 31, 2016, 9:29 PM

deserves Kentucky winning that side. Not good football. Probably the worst division in power 5 football.
They're back alright, back to being mediocre. Which is a high note for them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Coots claim they are back after gaining 325 yds of offense Saturday

Oct 31, 2016, 9:37 PM

I would imagine there would be different standards for a group of true freshman and a bunch of guys about to be in the NFL next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

youngest team in college football per Phil Steele is.....

Oct 31, 2016, 9:51 PM

Clemson (#128).

Chickens come in at 107.

---------------------------------

For more than 8 years I have published an “Experience Chart” in my National College Football Preview. The old version of this chart just took into account the overall experience from the 2 deep for each squad. Several years ago I revised the Experience Chart and created a New and Improved version. The updated chart uses 20% of the experience grade from the old chart, 20% from the % of lettermen returning, 20% from the percent of tackles returning, 20% from the percent of yards returning and 20% from the career starts of the offensive line.

The most experienced teams when using the old chart were usually the service academies, which play a lot of seniors and juniors. Using the old method (which is listed below) the top 5 most experienced teams in terms of upperclassmen in the two deep are: 1. Air Force 2. New Mexico 3. Navy 4. Utah 5. BYU.

The least experienced teams using this method are: 128. Clemson 127. Oklahoma 126. ULM.

https://www.philsteele.com/blogs/2016/JUNE16/DBJune24.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facts will only confuse this Coot***

Oct 31, 2016, 10:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: youngest team in college football per Phil Steele is.....

Oct 31, 2016, 10:27 PM [ in reply to youngest team in college football per Phil Steele is..... ]

That's cool and all but I'm not sure how accurate that really is when you're going to lose Deshaun Watson, Mike Williams, Wayne Gallman, Artavis Scott, Jordan Leggett and Jay Guillermo.

That's 55% of your offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 10:39 PM

And I'm not sure how you are still here.

That's two questions that will never be completely settled till those involved finally leave.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 31, 2016, 10:43 PM

We will just reload next year! We are built for this.

Oct 31, 2016, 10:45 PM

We have elite talent coming down the recruiting pipeline.

It's called recruiting....

Oct 31, 2016, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: youngest team in college football per Phil Steele is..... ]

Sadly for you Capons, just one more thing at which Clemson excels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you remember when we lost Beasley and Crawford and

Nov 1, 2016, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: youngest team in college football per Phil Steele is..... ]

Stephone Anthony,and you Coots said, your defense will be terrible next year, and we went to the National Championship, and then you Coots said," Y'all just lost Lawson and Dodd and McKensie ALexander and Goodson and Kearse and TJ, you will have no pass rush and the defense will be terrible" and let me go to NCAASTATS.ORG and check.....yep,we are #2 in team sacks, #3 in Tackles for loss and 14th overall after playing numbers 1,10,28,29,73,85,and 122 ( not counting SC. State)

Coots on the other hand are 48th in total defense after playing numbers 12,16,47,71,92,115, and 124 in offense.

Re: Do you remember when we lost Beasley and Crawford and

Nov 1, 2016, 8:27 AM

The QB position isn't like the defensive positions you mention.

Without DW you would have lost several games the past two years. He made those defensive transitions much easier.

You wouldn't have beaten Louisville or FSU without him. He's a very special talent that doesn't come around often.

Nov 1, 2016, 9:02 AM

DW made the defensive transitions easier? What position does he play on defense? That is an asinine comment at best, Watson has nothing to do with defense.

You could argue that this year he has put the defense in some tougher situations with some turnovers that he didn't make last year.

We wouldn't of beat Louisville or FSU without him? I love playing the "what if" game. Take away any teams best player and you could say the same thing. Do you think Louisville beats Clemson without Lamar? Would FSU have the same record without Dalvin Cook?

Point is, you cluckers think there is going to be this huge drop off on offense next year, which couldn't be further from the truth. Although we lose Watson and some others, we are loaded with talent at the skill positions and return 4 on the o line. Keep telling yourself we won't be good next year, I love the doubters

Nov 1, 2016, 10:40 AM

Do you realize your what if argument actually supports my argument ITT?

I'm not the one arguing losing DW is no big deal next year...

Nov 1, 2016, 10:45 AM

Is it a big deal? Yes, but I feel a lot more confident with our depth chart and defense than yours.

null

What color is the sky in your world?

Nov 1, 2016, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you remember when we lost Beasley and Crawford and ]

The point is, you deluded goobers are desperately trying to convince yourselves that there is going to be some tremendous drop-off with the Clemson offense next year, and that's just not going to be the case, but by all means, please keep telling yourself that. I thoroughly enjoy watching you clowns set yourselves up for even more disappointment.

Re: What color is the sky in your world?

Nov 1, 2016, 10:45 AM

There doesn't need to be a tremendous drop off for you to be a 2-3 loss team next year.

Nov 1, 2016, 10:47 AM

This is correct because UL and FSU are right behind us right now, but we will still be as talent as either of those teams. On the other hand the rest of our schedule is still behind us and that will not change next season.

null

There doesn't need to be a tremendous drop off for

Nov 1, 2016, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: What color is the sky in your world? ]

you to be an 8 loss team next year.

You are a goober. Stop denying there is a ridiculous talent gap between SC and Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There doesn't need to be a tremendous drop off for

Nov 1, 2016, 10:52 AM

Who is denying the gap in talent?

Maybe but $CU will still be Clemson's b!tch.

Nov 1, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: What color is the sky in your world? ]

Enjoy living vicariously through Clemson's opponents. It's all you've got.

Well we can't finish with just one loss EVERY year....***

Nov 1, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: What color is the sky in your world? ]

Nov 1, 2016, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: What color is the sky in your world? ]

There would need to be a large drop off for us to lose 2 or 3 next year. You are making my point for me. Every win doesn't hinge on the play of Watson. If it did, the State game might of been a loss. I could argue the defense is why we won that game, as well as Louisville. We play great team football, one guy doesn't define what Dabo has built as a program.

But like I said, whatever helps you sleep better at night, sweetheart. Clemson offense will be just fine next year, bank on it.

Schuessler could have won all these games as well

Nov 1, 2016, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you remember when we lost Beasley and Crawford and ]

So could Kelly Bryant, Tucker Israel, or Zerrick Cooper. You certainly can't prove that they couldn't.

I believe the Clemson Tigers *TEAM* has just figured out how to win, no matter what.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been telling my coot running buddy this for weeks. Thanks

Oct 31, 2016, 11:53 PM [ in reply to youngest team in college football per Phil Steele is..... ]

for your validation!

Nov 1, 2016, 2:08 AM [ in reply to youngest team in college football per Phil Steele is..... ]

Class09 - that was a perfectly executed bItchslap by scooter. That had to have left a mark.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Facts that don't support their deluded agenda....

Nov 1, 2016, 11:15 AM

are ignored or dismissed and anti-Capon rhetoric.

Oct 31, 2016, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots claim they are back after gaining 325 yds of offense Saturday ]

Deshaun had 435 yards and 6 touchdowns in his first start ever as a freshman if you want to use youth as an excuse for why his numbers are so low even though he's the supposed savior

We have not 1 but 2, Five * defensive players on ice this

Oct 31, 2016, 11:55 PM

year. Think about that coots.

Also a 4 star DT that will be a beast.

Nov 1, 2016, 3:00 PM

Big Nyles (link)

Nov 1, 2016, 3:04 PM

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/3878

Oct 31, 2016, 9:58 PM

Let them enjoy their little moment. It will be brief. Haha

Congratulations to Them

Oct 31, 2016, 10:50 PM

They've found a serviceable college QB after 2.5 years of wandering in the wilderness of annointing Mitch, Orth, Nunez and McIlwain as saviors and better than DW4.

They've only ruined 4 QNs.

My reasonable usc friends are now questioning a coaching staff that benched Bentley for one-half of the season in favor of Orth and McIlwain.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bentley hasn't faced a defense that's worth a **** yet...

Oct 31, 2016, 11:50 PM

and he's still only putting-up mediocre numbers.

Oct 31, 2016, 10:56 PM

Well, even a blind horse gets an acorn every now and again. I still think the entire UT team must have had the flu, the small pox, the plague, or something.

Oct 31, 2016, 10:58 PM

325 yards against the 69th best defense in College Football. At home. They really are back.

They were ranked lower than that before playing SC***

Oct 31, 2016, 11:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With THREE turnovers. How many times do I have to remind

Oct 31, 2016, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots claim they are back after gaining 325 yds of offense Saturday ]

y'all.........

Plus, FSU's defense is still ranked higher than UTjr's even after Saturday's games***

Oct 31, 2016, 11:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Back like cooked crack" to quote ex coot Corey Boyd***

Nov 1, 2016, 12:28 AM

Nov 1, 2016, 8:31 AM

They have been back since Spurrier left.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they are back.

Nov 1, 2016, 9:58 AM

The last two years they are back to exactly what they are as a program. 3-7 wins a year.

GO TIGERS!!

Yes they are Back on the Bottom!***

Nov 1, 2016, 2:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic