Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot father told me that two of his uofSC bot friends
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Coot father told me that two of his uofSC bot friends

Apr 30, 2020, 10:27 AM

are saying that there is about a 75% College football will not only happen but will keep to the current schedule. no shortened season.
I had many questions like... why are they concerned about football at all? i thought womens basketball was the cash cow?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

What to watch for...hopefully

Apr 30, 2020, 10:37 AM

If the students are on campus, the season will happen...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What to watch for...hopefully

Apr 30, 2020, 10:43 AM

I believe Georgia just announced they intend to be back on campus. Oregon was another.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: What to watch for...hopefully

Apr 30, 2020, 12:06 PM

I live in College Station and have not heard if A&M made a decision yet. Morning radio did report Texas Tech just announced students will be on campus for the fall semester.

Sorry to break this to you, but not so fast

Apr 30, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to What to watch for...hopefully ]

If it was only that simple.

Students on campus is a requirement to even consider having a season, but it doesn't guarantee a football season.

Just adding a dose of realism. I want a season as much as anyone.

Re: Sorry to break this to you, but not so fast

Apr 30, 2020, 10:58 AM

what part of football has to be played are yall missing. football pays all the bills. it will happen whether it be sept. oct. or feb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 11:36 AM

It pays the athletic bills, not the University bills. 20,000 students at Clemson and less than 500 athletes.

Apr 30, 2020, 12:24 PM

athletics, esp football, does indeed contribute to the university income as a whole. I believe IPTAY is still the biggest contributor to the general scholarship fund at CU. well documented that applications, giving (both alum and non alum), industry donations for research, etc. increase with athletic success.
take athletics, esp football away, and practically every NCAA school will have negative impacts in funds generated/donated. those shortfalls could affect the way schools do business for years.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry to break this to you, but not so fast ]

No doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Sorry to break this to you, but not so fast ]

The UNC system office (not the Chapel Hole... the whole university system) says that the fall semester *will* happen. Those are the marching orders I have heard. Mitigate the big risk items, then go forward.

Now, they are considering block 6 week schedules, aka quarts, just in case they have to open and then in the event of a case outbreak, go digital for six weeks.

Personally, I have taught online courses, hybrids, etc since 2011. Heck, I took a online Public Administration course in 2009 in Clemson from Clemson. Did it online because I did not want to walk from my office in Lee to the bunker/STI. So, it isnt a big deal for many... but it is all the smaller colleges that are really hurting. You know, the ones that sell "atmosphere", etc. Because if you go online folks can easily take a UNC CH course rather than one administered from a small UNC Ashevillle/Pembroke school. UNC CH is a lot better at covering the demand too... so the UNC (insert letter) are in a real bind.

Apr 30, 2020, 9:35 PM

You must have taught the players at unc

Apr 30, 2020, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry to break this to you, but not so fast ]

You must have taught the players at unc

Apr 30, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Sorry to break this to you, but not so fast ]

Wrong

And 99% of coot fans...

Apr 30, 2020, 9:16 PM

Really wanted this season canceled so the losing streak to Clemson could “officially” end.

~JKB

UofSC fans, don’t get confused when people say you’ll lose 75% of the season.

Apr 30, 2020, 11:25 PM

You’re still playing all the games.

null

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic