Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Ohio State's defensive checklist: Contain Lawrence, Etienne and more Clemson big plays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Ohio State's defensive checklist: Contain Lawrence, Etienne and more Clemson big plays

Dec 30, 2020, 12:01 PM

Ohio State's defensive checklist: Contain Lawrence, Etienne and more Clemson big plays

Ohio State defensive coordinator Kerry Coombs told the media earlier this week that while he knows Clemson has a plethora of weapons on offense, he also knows the offense runs through quarterback Trevor Lawrence and running back Travis Etienne. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coombs should polish his resume

Dec 30, 2020, 12:06 PM

I think he'll need to find another job after this game is over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so they will try and win time of possession and grind out

Dec 30, 2020, 12:07 PM

the clock ??

play keep away from TL and our offense ?

null

Good luck OSU, you're gonna need it!

Dec 30, 2020, 12:19 PM

OSU is playing right into the Tigers hand. They are about to find out that there is more to Clemson than meets the eye! GO TIGERS!! SMASH THE BUCKNUTS!!

Is their DC Woody Hayes all over again?

Dec 30, 2020, 12:48 PM

"He", "the running back". Then he calls OSU players by name.

Is this guy deliberately avoiding saying our players' actual names? If so, that is very corny. Reminds me of Woody Hayes and his "that school up north" nonsense.

I hope we beat the snot out of them. I don't need any more reasons to dislike OSU but just found by surprise.

Re: TNET: Ohio State's defensive checklist: Contain Lawrence, Etienne and more Clemson big plays

Dec 30, 2020, 1:55 PM

It's starting to get nauseating to hear anything else about OSU. Osu is in the position that they're in, sitting at #3 behind Clemson bc that spot was gave to them. IMO they didn't earn it with playing only Six games, and that's especially so when looking at the Six game they won. Like the awards, most of them are appointed awards, and OUS was awarded a spot in the playoffs only bc of their history, and it had nothing to do with what they've done this season!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the key for us is to get lawrence going on the ground

Dec 30, 2020, 1:58 PM

they will bottle et up because they will key in on that..most every team we have played this year has focused on him and was willing to allow our young wrs to beat them

Re: TNET: Ohio State's defensive checklist: Contain Lawrence, Etienne and more Clemson big plays

Dec 30, 2020, 2:11 PM

Yep. It's that simple. Contain Trevor, contain Travis, and stop big plays. Really all you have to do is have more points at the end of the game, but why oversimplify it.

Clemson's Defensive Checklist: Bring the Pain, Every Play.

Dec 30, 2020, 2:25 PM

I expect this plan to be fully implemented Friday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's Defensive Checklist: Bring the Pain, Every Play.

Dec 30, 2020, 3:05 PM

genius in it's simplicity!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Clemson's Defensive Checklist: Bring the Pain, Every Play.

Dec 30, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Clemson's Defensive Checklist: Bring the Pain, Every Play. ]

Cryin' Ryan's words on the sideline before the game last year:: BE VIOLENT!!!!!!!

I actually heard that as the camera went by.

Blah, blah, more coach speak, blah

Dec 30, 2020, 3:14 PM

"We'll need to stop them enough that we score more points than they do." Sounds like sound strategy if you can pull it off. Spot the ball! I like our chances, go Tigers!

Dec 30, 2020, 9:18 PM

Easier said than done! Go Tigers!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic