Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cool story on Rencher
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Cool story on Rencher

Oct 25, 2019, 10:34 AM

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/with-two-surgically-repaired-knees-former-clemson-walk-on-is/article_9291c984-f60b-11e9-9f05-97dc00ee8afb.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for sharing this about Darien Rencher

Oct 25, 2019, 10:41 AM

May God continue to bless him.

Re: Cool story on Rencher

Oct 25, 2019, 10:57 AM

Thanks for posting, and I always pull for the underdog bc they have to work the hardest and get noticed the least!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you could see his excitement when he scored that TD***

Oct 25, 2019, 11:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Cool story on Rencher - great story

Oct 25, 2019, 11:19 AM

Thanks

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Darien story - so buddies of mine in Anderson were

Oct 25, 2019, 11:21 AM

coaches of Darien's in the early years - middle school, etc (can't recall the exact time of his life they were involved).

They have stayed close to him and he has stayed close to them.

About 3 years ago we were up from Florida for something & they called Darien & they surprised my wife & I with a tour of the Reeves complex - and Darien was our tour guide.

He took time out of his day to meet us over there and gave us the full blown tour - going down the slide, laying on the nap beds, shot hoops with Darien (he won), the entire thing.

He spent more time talking about Paw Journey & that area in the center than anything else in there - trophies, gear, all the games & toys & stuff for the guys was great, but he went into a different mode when talking about Paw Journey - the internships with Microsoft and other huge companies, the mission trips & the community projects and so much more.

It was incredible.

An 18 year old young man inspired me that day - there are younger people out there that still get it & understand what is important and how to apply it in their life when given the opportunities.

I had no idea of his struggles and the perseverance it took for him to get there until just now.

ANOTHER Amazing Clemson Man who also happens to be dang good at football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Darien story - so buddies of mine in Anderson were

Oct 25, 2019, 2:00 PM

coaches of Darien's in the early years - middle school, etc (can't recall the exact time of his life they were involved).

They have stayed close to him and he has stayed close to them.

About 3 years ago we were up from Florida for something & they called Darien & they surprised my wife & I with a tour of the Reeves complex - and Darien was our tour guide.

He took time out of his day to meet us over there and gave us the full blown tour - going down the slide, laying on the nap beds, shot hoops with Darien (he won), the entire thing.

He spent more time talking about Paw Journey & that area in the center than anything else in there - trophies, gear, all the games & toys & stuff for the guys was great, but he went into a different mode when talking about Paw Journey - the internships with Microsoft and other huge companies, the mission trips & the community projects and so much more.

It was incredible.

An 18 year old young man inspired me that day - there are younger people out there that still get it & understand what is important and how to apply it in their life when given the opportunities.

I had no idea of his struggles and the perseverance it took for him to get there until just now.

ANOTHER Amazing Clemson Man who also happens to be dang good at football.

That’s pretty cool

Oct 25, 2019, 11:25 AM

Awesome story! Thanx

Oct 25, 2019, 11:56 AM

Thank you for sharing.

One of the best things about this site is getting to read the stories of some these players that we might not otherwise see.

Oct 25, 2019, 12:42 PM

If It AINT GOOD GOD AINT DONE!!! Thanks for the post

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 8:59 PM

Another great story about Rencher. I remember reading an article from his freshman year about his desire to be a servant leader and witness for Christ . From what I've read, He's a blessing to the team and all who know him.

Oct 25, 2019, 10:10 PM

I sat right behind the team at last years BC game. It was cold and the RBs were huddled by a heater the entire game keeping their hamstrings warm. That’s when Darien became one of my favorite players on this team. He was obviously a leader of the group, and when a drunk BC kid stared harassing the group, especially Tavien, Darien kept the group focused. Whatever Darien was saying to the group he had them all laughing and ignoring the kid and it was priceless. My daughter and I were so happy for him when he skipped across the goal line last weekend. Hopefully he’ll get a few more but his purpose on this team is bigger than TD. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him on the staff one day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 10:14 PM

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic