Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conversation I just heard about Covid19:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 911

Conversation I just heard about Covid19:

May 8, 2020, 3:17 PM

Actually, I participated in it. I was wearing a mask.

DA #1: "Do you think it's real?"

DA #2: "I didn't until today. I found out that a couple of people I know have it."

Me: "What the hayull do you mean 'You don't think it's real', what with people actually dying from it?

DA #1: "Well, yeah, if you believe what "they" say.

I guess for those who need a label, I'd be a Libertarian, conservative on most issues. I believe the media is biased and Covid has been politicized to beat up Trump. Maybe I'm DA #3, maybe I'm a wacko, but it blows my mind that brain-dead emeffers really and truly, at this stage of the game, don't believe the virus is real. Scary stuff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

We think alike, Smiling!

May 8, 2020, 3:36 PM

It’s real fo sure, but still a lotta politics screwing with the facts...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rub is that sides choose which facts to report or tout,

May 8, 2020, 5:25 PM

and which ones to ignore or deemphasize. Then, talking heads/interviewers/reporters lead guests and steer the conversation with questions and the presentation of particular facts that they know will produce answers and responses that will lead to certain conclusions. Those conclusions are what many come to accept as THE FACTS.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Were ya'll carrying your AK's over at the State House?***

May 8, 2020, 5:57 PM

No. Were y'all?***

May 8, 2020, 7:18 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: We think alike, Smiling!

May 8, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to We think alike, Smiling! ]

The leaders are taking our eye off the ball. There is a larger concern here. I am more and more convinced each day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I've seen, I'd say that's at least 50% of SC

May 8, 2020, 5:31 PM

We have less than a month. Maybe a little more depending on the rate of increase, before "bad idea" is called. I know there's well over 50% who either think it's not real, fake news, or it's run its course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conversation I just heard about Covid19:

May 8, 2020, 9:49 PM

Yeah...the thing is that none of those ######### will ever get it. I was in a Walmart Market tonight buying groceries for my dad...wearing my mask. Maybe 25% of those in the store were wearing one. Half of those didn’t notice (or care) the aisles were one way. Some lady (she wasn’t) thought it was funny she was being a rebel going the wrong way.

May 8, 2020, 10:37 PM

There’s a virus.
It’s nowhere near as bad as we’re led to believe.
The classifications of deaths is suspect (video).
The models for disease vectors were wrong from day 1.
It’s now a political talking point.

https://youtu.be/lsRay1wInBg

May 8, 2020, 11:36 PM

And you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I remember when a PHD testified before congress that smoking was not 'addictive" nor did it cause cancer. Of course, she was the Tobacco industry's witness.

So you search for an idiot who happens to be a doctor and he has discovered that every freaking epidemiologist in the world is in on a conspiracy...for political gain. Wonder what Australia, Italy, Spain and Japan get out of all of this 'conspiring'?

You do seem to be self aware. Mostly you post "secret truth and information" know one else seems to know. Ever notice that?

You are willfully ignorant. You don't want the truth, you just want to watch the world burn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2020, 12:44 AM

I understand your point of view Felix but it wasn't long ago that lobotomizing people was common in the "mental health" field, alcoholics and drug addicts were thought to be moral degenerates, and overweight people were called lazy.

Drugs that have passed rigorous trials for safety are recalled on a regular basis after being found to have unforseen side effects up to and including death. Every drug comes with disclaimers that someone somewhere will likely die from a reaction to it.

I don't think every epidemiologist in the world is in on a conspiracy, but with our mockingbird media and how medicine is taught, they don't have to be. Doctors in training are force fed information so relentlessly they can barely digest it. With the high cost of school and training they rarely get to do research, because spend so much time and energy working to pay their student debt. Most new information they come across is from drug company reps and periodicals.

I'd like to see some journalistic tenacity directed at Fauci & Birx instead of Pres. Trump for a change.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 11:33 PM

And I for one, am grateful that Trump never politicized the virus against the Dems, it being their "new hoax" and all. And, you know, saying Dems. would rather have people die just to make him look bad.

Glad he stayed above it all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2020, 12:17 AM

my doctor says that everyone gonna get exposed to it , the sooner the better

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless you're old or sick. There's never a good time to

May 9, 2020, 1:43 AM

expose those people.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 13
| visibility 911
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic