Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations and Thank You to Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,302

Congratulations and Thank You to Dabo

Apr 14, 2014, 11:55 PM

Once again Coach Swinney has shown that NOBODY is bigger than the team. In this day of pampering and protecting athletes, Dabo does not bend his rules or principles. Way to go Coach. Way to stand by your principles and rules. It will definately help in the future with recruits and fans.

Though some Kelly fans are upset, please consider and realize that something was very very wrong here. This decision is not about Saturday. It's about two years of behavior inconsistent with Clemson values. This is just the tipping point. "This" being saturday's temper tantrum and whatever happened between the spring game and the dismissal. Obviously, there is much more than we will ever know.............because Dabo will not tell.

Though he did dismiss Chad, he is also trying to help the kid by issuing a statement wishing him luck and hoping he turns this around. Therefore the facts will remain in the locker room and coaches office.... with the team. None of the details will be revealed because it might kill Chad's chance to catch on with another team, grow up, calm down, and improve his life. That is one classy move by Dabo.

Again, thank you Coach, and congratulations on being a man or principle in these crazy times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations and Thank You to Dabo

Apr 15, 2014, 12:02 AM

Great post and I agree completely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2014, 12:05 AM

obviously the coaches must of had a meeting with Chad concerning Saturday with Kelly's actions probably mimicking those on display during the game and the coaches had enough.

There is an article on the dismissal on fox sports south and looking at the comments of people praising Dabo's actions it makes me proud of the program we have here at Clemson. Our coaches hold our players accountable and demand from them to be more than just football players and you are literally either "all in" or your out, no catering to players.

I love that about Dabo as well. We all love our Clemson

Apr 15, 2014, 6:22 AM

Tigers and the coaches livelyhood depends upon the success of the program but football is still just a game. I wish Chad Kelly all the best.

Apr 15, 2014, 12:08 AM

Hate it for Chad. Wish he would have gotten it together.

But I agree if Dabo did it, it needed to be done. No question Dabo knows how to lead from the front.

Coaches and Chad have had "come to Jesus" meetings

Apr 15, 2014, 6:23 AM

about his 'tude.

Well, you would want to give the other Team some warning

Apr 15, 2014, 6:52 AM

They probably don't want our problems. Other teams will figure he was dismissed for some not too flattering reason

Dabo proves once again...

Apr 15, 2014, 8:28 AM

...that he won't look at short term solutions. The man is a winner in football and life and, while I'm sure he wants the best for Kelly, he's not willing to jeopardize the integrity of our program for one player.

I'm so thankful we have such a fine leader as Dabo. More good things are on the way for us.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic