Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound

Jan 17, 2021, 8:01 AM

Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound

Clemson suffered the worst home loss under Brad Brownell after an unscheduled 5-day break for COVID-19 protocol. Brownell believes his team will rebound, however. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Confident in our Tigers MBB team!

Jan 17, 2021, 8:43 AM

Despite getting trounced last night, I've watched every game this season and I'm confident we'll bounce back. Last night was not representative of our team. They also got beat by a team that was on FIRE last night. The best is yet to come for this program! We've got a young team that will get better this season and be even better next year!!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Confident in our Tigers MBB team!

Jan 17, 2021, 8:58 AM

I wish for once Clemson would come out on fire after a long break! Even Judge Keller was doubting them before the game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound

Jan 17, 2021, 8:54 AM

No doubt that was a one off. Not representative of who this team really is. Two things were obvious: VA was on fire dropping threes like it was simple, and Clemson seemed completely out of sorts which you have to acknowledge had to be an effect from the Covid break. I feel confident they will bounce back and be a very competitive team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound

Jan 17, 2021, 9:02 AM

In 2012 my Tar Heels went to FSU and lost 90-57. We won 33 games that year. It happens. Chins up, y’all have a good team.

Jan 17, 2021, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound ]

They may rebound but forget about VA's great game and focus on our play - poor,errant passing, out hustled to loose balls, lazy energy on defense while letting shooters completely open. Their #0 beat both of our guards off the dribble numerous times. Is that because they are better are just showed better technique and hustle ? We play like a high school team. Simply poor intensity and execution.

Jan 17, 2021, 9:43 AM

I coached a college sport for a few years. I never did and never will understand why 18 year olds come out totally flat for a game or 2 each season. I think you will see fire in the belly next game.

I agree.***

Jan 17, 2021, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 17, 2021, 10:12 AM

Coach hit the nail on the head when he said our team is not the most talented team in the league, not even close. This is not Clemson football where every time the game starts, everyone in the stadium knows we have most talent if we are playing an ACC team. What our basketball team has is a team concept, a desire to outwork the other team and fight every second to impose their will on the other team. I will be very disappointed if we don't see that eager, strong will team against Georgia Tech. Hopefully, we can play well against the other middle of the road teams and get a bye in the ACC Tournament and make the NCCA field this year.

Jan 17, 2021, 12:06 PM

That would have been a game you'd love for Simms to step up. Maybe he couldnt carry us but have an impact. H just hasnt done that much this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.

Jan 17, 2021, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell mad at himself for lopsided loss, but confident Tigers will rebound ]

Many casual fans here see our early season record, and more talent than we’ve had, and assume that we must have loads of talent and should never lose a game.

Brad has been saying all year that we can’t out-talent teams, that we have to execute our system well to win. The ACC is tough in basketball. We are climbing the ladder, but it’s not going to happen overnight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 17, 2021, 12:10 PM

So do something about it coach. Study Bennett. Improve your coaching game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to that!!

Jan 17, 2021, 4:43 PM

Hey Brownell, whether at home or away, a close game or a humiliating 40 beatdown, this Bennett guy OWNS YOU. How about trying to learn something from him because he always whips your a$$!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 1:01 PM

Too bad the GT game is away. Will be a very tough road game for a rebound.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jan 17, 2021, 8:12 PM

Too bad the GT game is away. Will be a very tough road game for a rebound.

Yeah but now the shoe is on the other foot. Ga Tech hasn’t played since January 4th because of COVID cancellations.

Jan 17, 2021, 5:59 PM

I really do like this team this year . I think we're a tourney team , maybe 8-10 seed status .
The reason I believe this has less to do with our guys , and more to do with the overall talent of our conference in 2021 .
Still , good mix of veteran and younger talent .

DB23

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic