Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Confession Time. This Season was a little Boring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Confession Time. This Season was a little Boring

Jan 15, 2020, 10:24 AM

I suspect I'll get down voted like crazy but to be truthful I was bored with our season. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a dull 15 game season making it to the championship game every year over a 6 win season with some drama.

Since Dabo doesn't stat-pack none of our offensive players got any of the meaningful national awards because most of them were chilling on the bench at the halfway point because all of our games were blowouts except for the UNC game. That game at least had some real drama but it was a barely 500 team.

Our season was so dull that Dabo had to play the disrespect card to the point that it was really hurting his love fest with the media.

I really was not happy that no team on our schedule was good enough to merit a Gameday broadcast.

Don't get me wrong, it's not Clemson's fault the ACC is a dumpster fire and I don't think it's going to be much better next year. I just hope Notre Dame is a solid team because the Coots will probably be pathetic again. I can only hope FSU makes a quick comeback.

Flame away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

The 35 point beatdown in the roach wasn't boring.***

Jan 15, 2020, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I never get bored with winning***

Jan 15, 2020, 10:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

So you're spoiled?

Jan 15, 2020, 10:27 AM

I see what you are saying, but the bottom line is, 14 wins, a conference title, a thrilling win in the post season, another appearance in the CFP championship game...there is no reason to be bored.

Hoping next season is almost as boring, the only difference being that 15th win.

I wouldn't use the word "spoiled"...Annoyed at the ACC

Jan 15, 2020, 10:31 AM

Friend, I'm in my mid 50's and I still remember the Red Parker days so I know how bad things can get.

The ACC is so bad in football that we are sleepwalking through our games because everyone knows the outcome of these games before they were played.

Sure, slapping the Coots around is always entertaining, but also expected.

In my 50's too, which makes me appreciate the run we are on

Jan 15, 2020, 10:35 AM

and not take it for granted.

So what do you propose we do to make football season less boring for you?

I don't propose anything...It is what it is.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:53 AM

As I said, I will gladly take a "boring" season like we just had over some of the stinkers.

Think about the year we beat UGA, FSU when they were good, Notre Dame in a Monsoon...

I just want the competition to be a little better. There's nothing to "do"...

i wouldn't say it was boring, however.............

Jan 15, 2020, 10:30 AM

I do see both the NEGATIVES and POSITIVES of pulling the starters after 2-1/2 quarters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Confession Time. This Season was a little Boring

Jan 15, 2020, 10:31 AM

Know exactly what you mean. I enjoy the wins I guess, but there were some games this year I didn’t even watch the second half.

Regular season definitely has lacked the big

Jan 15, 2020, 12:22 PM

Game excitement the last 2 years. Nothing can be done about it

Jan 15, 2020, 10:32 AM

Yea your like the little kid who know one pays attention too go follow womens polo

I kind of agree with Mark Packer...

Jan 15, 2020, 10:34 AM

"the more you read, the dumber you get."

There will be some surprises next year, like there always is. Some teams will be better than we thought, some will be worse.

I think Louisville will continue to improve.

With the talent at FSU it is not inconceivable that they can be immediately competitive, not elite, but competitive.

UNC will continue to improve because Mack Brown, following Dabo's method, is having fun coaching again.

I think GT will be better although they still have a long way to go.

Don't expect much out of Syracuse. Apparently Dungy was what was giving them success.

Miami has no discipline so they will continue to be inconsistent until they get somebody who is willing to take out the trash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC was literally a handful of plays away from being

Jan 15, 2020, 10:43 AM

undefeated. For two years in a row the majority of their losses were by 1 score or less. I look for them to win at least 10 games next season

Jan 15, 2020, 10:34 AM

I hate having to read posts like these. Go on a vacation to get your head straight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol

Jan 15, 2020, 10:35 AM

Imagine in 2008-2009 and being told that In 10 years some of our fans would be “bored” with a 14-1 season

Think of it this way....Look at the younger fans

Jan 15, 2020, 10:39 AM

A kid 10 years old has never experienced Clemson as a bad program.

A little bloody nose from time to time isn't a bad thing.

I would have loved a few more Ohio State quality games to help the blowouts.

My 8 and 10 year-old sons aren’t bored.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:45 AM

They think winning all the time in blowout fashion is how it’s supposed to be.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:42 AM

Believe it or not, it is still hard to win games. I never get tired of winning and am totally fine with our guys manhandling everyone. The truth is, it hasn’t always been this way and won’t be this way forever. Better enjoy the ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a two way street. Yes it’s great being this good but most of the games were in

Jan 15, 2020, 10:54 AM

most of the games were a little boring. That’s how it’s is when you’ve reached the top and are dominant. I missed having games we could get jacked up for though. Texas AM was the only one I was really excited about when they kicked off. Until the playoffs! I’ve never seen a place or a stadium more electric than Monday night.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:52 AM

I'm going to take up for you and say I found myself facing some of the same feelings. It's like I would watch the games and come away missing that "high" that comes with a great Clemson victory. But, I felt the same after watching ALL teams play this year. I think it's a combination of too many commercials, interrupting the flow of the games for way-too-many reviews, and fearing at any moment one of your star players will get ejected for making a good hit.

I'm all for safety, but when two guys are running at top speed in opposite directions...and BOTH drop their heads or curl their bodies as a reflex, why should anyone get sent to the locker room for half a game? Even if the guy with the ball initiates the contact, it's still the defensive player that gets ejected. We all know what is or isn't intentional. It's like that politician said one time about ####..."I can't tell you what it is, but I know it when I see it". The refs now see the outcome, and then spend the next 15 minutes watching reviews trying to build a case for ejection.

You ARE feeling let down. But it's not just Clemson fans. It's college football fans. The liberals are taking our game one "safety" issue at a time.

Here's Examples I what made me bored a little:

Jan 15, 2020, 10:59 AM

Lack of these moments in games that were huge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Z4R5jsBKU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2GCs0_ZMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHar-vt1Xr0

These are the "Highs" I think you are talking about

UNC was not a high..it was a relief!

I agree on the commercials. So many now that they

Jan 15, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Confession Time. This Season was a little Boring ]

knocked the wind out watching on TV.

Winning is NEVER Boring

Jan 15, 2020, 10:55 AM

Been a fan since the 70's. I will never be bored winning.

We need at least two ACC opponents in top 25

Jan 15, 2020, 11:07 AM

that would change the national perception and most likely your experience. College football changes quickly, so the conference could improve quicker than you think. In 2016, I would argue that the ACC was the best conference in America or at least equal with the best. That was only a few years ago.

Next year may be a repeat but I would predict that 2021 will be very different. Plus, in 2021 without a proven quarterback each game should have more suspense.

Jan 15, 2020, 7:45 PM

This is a "you" problem and not a Clemson problem.

First of all, never complain about winning a lot of games.

Second of all, you are making a terrible mistake in saying that our wins weren't close because the ACC was terrible.

Look around the country and you will see that the 4-5 teams who can compete on our level perform the same way against their opponents that we do.

OSU fans weren't excited by their close games because they could see that the games were only close because their team played poorly. (Think of the Texas A&M game for us).

LSU fans weren't overly excited by their close Auburn game because they could tell their offense didn't play well. Their excitement from the Bama win was because they hadn't beaten them in 8 years. Make sure you don't sign up for that deal to get an exciting game.

I hope we don't have more fans move in the direction of your boredom.

It's truly a sad day when this season is deemed boring by fans.

I recommend you go check out the Michigan, Nebraska, Southern Cal, or Miami fan websites and come back and tell me if you are a little more ok with our elite program staying on top year after year.

Jan 15, 2020, 12:05 PM

When you are expected to win every game easily, it's hard to get excited for games.

You either are winning easily as expected or you aren't and you're nervous because you might lost.

The only game I was excited for until the playoffs was the Texas A&M game because no one knew for certain what would happen and it was a close game last year.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic