Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conference Realignment, My Really Good Idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Conference Realignment, My Really Good Idea

Jul 22, 2016, 2:08 PM

Ok, B12 wants to expand, we (ACC) can help them, its a win-win-win (help B10 too!)

We give Louisville to B12
B12 gives us WVU back

We give ND to B10
B10 gives us Penn St back !

We (ACC) pick up UCONN !

The Grand Strategery
Do the above we will have 16 FULL Members
ND is a pain in the ####, they will never join as full Football members (not in the near future anyway)
WVU belongs in the ACC, they do not like going all the way out there to play games
We pick up Penn State, natural rivalry with Pitt, VaTech, WVU
UCONN will being us the Limousine Liberal market of the NYC area ... HUGE !
L'ville always wanted to be in the B12 anyway, natural fit, closer to home

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conference Realignment, My Really Good Idea

Jul 22, 2016, 2:20 PM

Ridiculous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2016, 3:04 PM

The ACC is blessed to have ND, WF and now UL. Penn St. was extremely close to joining until the B10 gave them hockey which we could not. W.Va. would be a solid addition, but we would have to help on their GOR fees from leaving the B12. UConn is a no go due to BC who does not want to share New England.

The ACC could add Navy easily which ND would love due to their schedule. Cincy would also be a workable option. It will be interesting never the less.

Go Tigers!

Jul 22, 2016, 2:25 PM

No

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rather have UofL than WVU & U ND whiners need to step back

Jul 22, 2016, 2:33 PM

and realize, WITHOUT ND signing a GOR ESPN doesn't offer up a Network at this time.

ACC BKB and a Nation full of Catholics are what Disney will be pushing when negotiating with satellite and cable companies over 3rd tier ACC football games.

I would love that scenario. I know you were just making

Jul 22, 2016, 2:37 PM

light of the whole expansion scene, but I agree with your wishes on that.

I still wish we hadn't lost Maryland, but if we had to, then West Virginia would have been the better replacement, but they were already in the Big12.

As it is, I'm happy with the members we have. Louisville is a much stronger outfit than Maryland. I mean the coots would never admit it, but our Kentucky school is much better than the SEC's Kentucky school. I could never imagine Kentucky beating Notre Dame and Texas Am in football the way Louisville has the last two seasons.

That wont work it makes too much sense though I like Lou so

Jul 22, 2016, 2:38 PM

why not just kick WF out Keep Louisville

Trade PSU for ND add WVU & UCONN

ACC South

Miami
FSU
GT
Clemson
UNC
NSSt
Duke
Louisville

ACC North

VT
UVA
PITT
PSU
WV
SYR
BC
UCONN

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That wont work it makes too much sense though I like Lou so

Jul 22, 2016, 2:52 PM

Just when I think the realignment conversation couldn't get any dumber, a comment is made like this, and you totally redeem yourself!

You don't trade ND (even if only a partial member) for anyone! They are one of the crown jewels of NCF and the posters around here to get over this.

And WF, one of the ACC's charter members, is not going anywhere ...

Wake is the Iowa St. of the ACC. No fan base,

Jul 22, 2016, 2:57 PM

No alumni base, and no TV market that we don't already have. They are just glad to be here.

Re:

Jul 22, 2016, 3:11 PM

... and almost 80 years of being part of the the Tobacco Road rivalry ...

... its not all about the $s. Learned from my undergrad years of our teams lead by Tommy W & Tommy B, I think we need to keep it humble around here ...

Like the above poster said, WF R a charter member.

Jul 22, 2016, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Wake is the Iowa St. of the ACC. No fan base, ]

Talk of them being put out of the conference is just childish.

Never said they should be removed, but they should take more

Jul 22, 2016, 7:58 PM

Stock in their program. If Duke can do it then they should too.

I know everyone has a softie for Wake, and rightfully so,

Jul 22, 2016, 8:17 PM

but it's probably in their best interest in the long run to seriously look at whether they are going to be able to stomach what it's going to take in investing in their athletics to simply keep up like this. I don't see that going well. The ACC is an athletic based association, with an academic quality, that's all. WF would likely be better off in an AAC where the infrastructure demands are more in line with what they are as a school and better respecting of their academic mission.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I like Wake Forest

Jul 23, 2016, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Wake is the Iowa St. of the ACC. No fan base, ]

Kinda cool small school, little train that could .... they do good with what they have ... W-S is a nice town ... I guess they add, "class".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yuck. I'll pass.***

Jul 22, 2016, 3:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a terrible idea

Jul 22, 2016, 3:11 PM

Louisville brings wayyy more to the table than WVU

Penn State? Over ND? Are you crazy?

And UConn....just no

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Jul 23, 2016, 9:04 AM

Re: Agree***

Jul 23, 2016, 9:49 AM

PrimeTTiger,
The ACC is not about to rescind membership for BC, Wake or even Syracuse! While we merely think of sports as the #one reason for doing so, the ACC looks at academics (research), population (cable service), geography (exclusive access), and several other factors. Why do you think the presidents decided not to invite W. Va.? The answer was academics and fan reputation along with a very limited television market. ACC fans, no matter the school, have to understand the larger framework. The ACC schools academically bring in billions of dollars outside of sports altogether. Money and prestige are the driving forces behind expansion.

Personally I would love seeing the ACC go after several schools already affiliated with other conferences, but GOR agreements and the exit fees hinder our chances. Notre Dame will eventually join so everybody agrees we need another member, but the field is limited unless an unknown school like Rutgers, Penn St., Vandy as examples decide to approach us. Unless a particular school already has the millions set aside to switch I seriously doubt the ACC is going to offer more than some initial financial aid for the entity to leave their present conference unless it is somebody like a Penn State.

Interested fans really need to make their collective voices heard on the issue to give the ACC some idea of direction. We can start a conversation through IPTAY and other sources as well.

Go Tigers!

Your kidding right?

Jul 22, 2016, 3:18 PM

We give up 3 good teams for three pieces of crap? Yea, genius plan.

Give up on Kentucky Bourbon? No thanks!

Jul 22, 2016, 3:18 PM

I think I'll have another!

Jul 22, 2016, 8:51 PM

Heck no...My idea would be to ditch Wake Forrest...They simply don't belong in a power 5 conference any longer..Replace them with WVU..Get rid of divisions all together and go to a 3-5 schedule format where each school has 3 permanent annual rivals (ours would be FSU, GT & BC) and then play 2 pods of 5 teams on a semi-annual rotation. The two teams with the best conference records play in the ACCCG.

Then who's gonna be the 16th Team ?

Jul 23, 2016, 12:51 AM

I bet is gonna be UCONN ... great basketball, Football will get better, they have Hockey ... and let's not forget the HUGE market they serve, ka-ching ka-ching

Re: Then who's gonna be the 16th Team ?

Jul 23, 2016, 9:00 AM

Overnight when my phone was recharging and I also could not sleep due to pain from surgery I thought of another interesting addition to the ACC.

Instead of UConn, Cincy, or Navy what about Temple? Their academics are excellent, they bring eastern PA and Delaware market, their BB is steady and their football is vastly improved. They would be a natural rival to Pitt, as well as ND. Because the B12 is expanding posters can forget about West Virginia and Cincy. The latter is really pushing their desire to join and they, Houston and BYU are likely moving by 2019.

Either East Carolina or UCF would not been considered for obvious reasons so the ACC needs to look elsewhere. Neither Maryland or Rutgers is leaving the B10 and most posters do not like Navy or UConn so who is left?

Comments welcomed.

Jul 23, 2016, 1:10 AM

Negative.

No no no

Jul 23, 2016, 7:47 AM

don't like anything about it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't like that idea, but....

Jul 23, 2016, 9:04 AM