Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conference Jurisdiction ???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,167

Conference Jurisdiction ???

Aug 7, 2020, 7:17 PM

I assume this may has been covered on this board in recent weeks, but if so I've missed it . . .

Exactly what jurisdiction do conferences have over the non-conference games of their members? It should go without saying that they have jurisdiction over the conference games, and that therefore non-conference games may not conflict with or impinge upon the members' obligations to comply with conference obligations. But beyond that, what exactly to conference have authority over? It would seem as though non-conference games are simply not a matter of conference concern- to say that they are is to implicitly acknowledge that conferences are not simply aimed at inter-organizational competition.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conference Jurisdiction ???

Aug 7, 2020, 7:48 PM

The conference packages the members’ television rights and sell them to the networks. I’d imagine that noncompliance could be penalized by a reduction in TV revenue payout. Normally the conference does not care which teams members schedule out of conference, But I think it went with 11 games this year to preserve inventory for ESPN.

Nothing.

Aug 7, 2020, 8:02 PM

Except they own us

tell we quit or die.

They set the schedule (dates) which in our case...

Aug 7, 2020, 10:08 PM

...precludes the Scar game since we both conclude the season on 12/5. Given the ACCCG is set for EITHER 12/12 or 12/19, there is no date available to play the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

SCar 'could' play us week 2 (9/19)... SEC starts 9/26.***

Aug 7, 2020, 11:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They indeed "could", but I doubt the Coots will risk...

Aug 7, 2020, 11:09 PM

...their dollars by going against the SEC edict. They don't have the clout to even think about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,167
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic