Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,780

Kelly

Apr 12, 2014, 7:59 PM

Just got back from the game, and I was sitting about 10 rows up from the orange sideline. From what I could see Morris met Kelly as he was coming off the field and he was not happy and if Kelly would have just listened I think he could have played the second half, but he had to spout off and Morris got more heated with him. Dabo came in and it was the same thing he seemed to come in to discusse his attitude and Kelly once again had to open his mouth instead of using his ears. Then coach Pearman as well as coach Brooks had words for him also and Kelly just can't take criticism. One of the players kept trying to get him to cool off but he just didn't seem to have the maturity to compose himself. As I said I couldn't hear what was being said but I could see the coaches faces as they each talked to him and I could see them getting more and more frustrated each time. Kelly is a talented player and his competitive nature is a double edged sword. I hope once he cools down he is mature enough to see where he could have handled himself differently and learn from this situation

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Apr 12, 2014, 8:06 PM

He can sit his happy ### on the bench.

I am happy to have Stout as the leader of Chad's offense

Go tigers. Go coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Competitive nature"

Apr 12, 2014, 8:52 PM

Immature temper tantrums DO NOT indicate competitive nature. I am sick of reading articles today that indicate that they do. Most of the great competitors I've ever known in sports or business were not big talkers or spoiled brats who couldn't control their temper. Winners take responsibility for their mistakes and shortcomings and usually for the ones made by their teammates as well.
Our culture has completely lost touch with what real leaders and winners are like.

Re: "Competitive nature"

Apr 12, 2014, 9:07 PM

Competitive nature can be manifested in different ways. Some players have a competitive nature with a desire for their TEAM to succeed and then you can have players that have a "competitive nature" for there OWN success. Mr Kelly seemed today to fall in the latter category. Yes I think Chad Kelly has a very competitive nature and yes I think he has shown a lack of maturity. No excuses for his behavior were implied when I said his "competitive nature"

Reminds me of Tiger Woods

Apr 12, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to "Competitive nature" ]

He throws a club but it's okay because he's "super competitive". Forget that. He's no more competitive than the next guy that doesn't rant. Same thing here. Shut your mouth Chad and listen. Simple.

Except golf there's no coaches or

Apr 12, 2014, 9:14 PM

Teammates. Your analogy sucks because Tiger was better when he was a bigger ahole

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Except golf there's no coaches or

Apr 12, 2014, 9:15 PM

^^^I don't even like Tiger that much, but he's got a point.

He was better before his body broke down

Apr 12, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Except golf there's no coaches or ]

Or before he changed swing coaches (yes he does have coaches). But that's beside the point

My point was that bad behavior is not analogous with competitiveness. Like the poster before me said, it's sad that poor attitudes are excused away as competitiveness which is why my analogy does not "suck", as Tiger is allowed to act like a weekend warrior in the name of trying to win.

Sorry to hate on your hero or whatever.

Regardless,

Apr 12, 2014, 10:03 PM

you crossed the line with Tiger Woods. He is an ahole. But he is the best golfer anyone has ever seen. MJ is an ahole too.

Kelly's biggest problem is not his attitude. It was his crappy play not being able to back up his cockiness. If you talk, you better back it up. That's what Johnny Manzieil did. He talked, was cocky, but he backed it up.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

jack is the best, bobby jones might be #2 & neither

Apr 12, 2014, 10:06 PM

have been reported to be aholes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: jack is the best, bobby jones might be #2 & neither

Apr 12, 2014, 10:09 PM

Amen.....Jack will always be the best. Period.

Fire Jack!

Apr 12, 2014, 10:12 PM

Wait, wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Fire Jack!

Apr 12, 2014, 10:19 PM

Lol

if we don't laugh...

Apr 12, 2014, 10:22 PM

bob might go away.

fingers crossed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Jack, respect him.

Apr 12, 2014, 10:40 PM [ in reply to jack is the best, bobby jones might be #2 & neither ]

But Tiger is the best golfer we have ever seen. Tiger is only 4 majors away from taking over Jack. Tiger is going to get it.

no, not even remotely. jack, watson, floyd, palmer, player,

Apr 12, 2014, 10:47 PM

seve, trevino... would feast on the lazy tour tiger played.

he won't get it, even if he does, i've never seen so much oil gush coming home since the valdez.

nothing to respect about tiger save his competitiveness, which he had on the tour he played in spades.

i imagine you're young, so you're excused. the bear would take little tiger over his knee.

Re: I like Jack, respect him.

Apr 12, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to I like Jack, respect him. ]

speak for yourself

Re: Reminds me of Tiger Woods

Apr 12, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Reminds me of Tiger Woods ]

> He throws a club but it's okay because he's "super
> competitive". Forget that. He's no more competitive
> than the next guy that doesn't rant. Same thing here.
> Shut your mouth Chad and listen. Simple.

At least he dont whine and quit like your superstar clowney nutsuckeru

Curious at to why you think I am a scar fan

Apr 12, 2014, 11:01 PM

FYI, nutcutteru is a reference to venables' "nut cutting time" comment during his hiring press conference.

The writing on the wall seems pretty clear...

Apr 12, 2014, 9:17 PM

"Swag" will finish out his career wearing something other than a Clemson jersey. It's a shame to lose such talent but I trust our coaches. Period.

Don't bet on it***

Apr 12, 2014, 9:20 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,780
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic