Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commissioner Salaries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Commissioner Salaries

May 25, 2018, 3:06 PM

Anybody know the Power 5 Commissioner salaries? Fat Swoff making $3.3 seems bloated especially since the ACC is last among P5 conferences in revenue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not college, but I find it hard to believe that ....

May 25, 2018, 3:13 PM

Roger Goodell is supposedly going to make around 40 million or more this year. That seems bloated too.

^ YeP, bloated BUT We the ticket buyers allow it!

May 25, 2018, 3:23 PM

If we quit, they starve.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I just watch on TV and like the NFL.

May 25, 2018, 3:32 PM

I could go to Dolphin games for free and would never want to go. Just TV.

No, they make more from TV revenue.***

May 25, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to ^ YeP, bloated BUT We the ticket buyers allow it! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not college, but I find it hard to believe that ....

May 25, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Not college, but I find it hard to believe that .... ]

4-0?! Forty?! That is an atrocity

He asked for 50 per year & a lifetime use of a private jet****

May 25, 2018, 3:34 PM

Re: Commissioner Salaries

May 25, 2018, 3:36 PM

Exactly! Just what is he doing for this bloated salary?? Not much for Clemson apparently.

May 25, 2018, 3:38 PM

Why do we put up with it??

May 25, 2018, 4:02 PM

You put up with it because you are not in charge.

The public wants to see games and will dearly pay to see games. We buy shirts, flags, and all sorts of licensed gear. We pay an annual seat fee for the right to buy the tickets. We consume hours and hours of advertising when we watch the games on TV. All that spending we fans do has created a big industry anxious to take various cuts of our money and to generate ever larger amounts of money.

The schools pay conference expenses for the right to be in a league with an assured flow of revenue. Hiring a conference staff and paying a commissioner a market rate is part of the business of generating revenue. Swofford is a salesman. He works on commission. The school athletic programs are the product he sells.

I'm glad that ACC leadership has not been like Big East leadership, or like Big 12 leadership. I'm glad Clemson came through the great jumble of conference realignment in such solid shape. That was not a given. Don't believe me about that, ask TCU, or Colorado, or Nebraska, or any of the Big E schools who climbed on board the ACC wagon.

The commissioners make a lot of money because they are worth it.

Or so I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey! A Harley sighting!

May 25, 2018, 4:40 PM

I've been around for a while but don't post much unless I have something to add or different to say. I miss guys like you, Rev Dodd, even the Gamecock Professor chiming in from time to time. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic