Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Come on...Do You Really Feel CLEMSON will go to NC Game?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Come on...Do You Really Feel CLEMSON will go to NC Game?!

Sep 26, 2013, 10:04 PM

Saying...it's a long road to get there, with a lot of luck needed to go along with a lot of talent, depth, a favorable schedule, few injuries, smart coaches, focused players..you name it.

What say you?!

Go#3TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very possible

Sep 26, 2013, 10:07 PM

Could happen.

Jus sayin

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

As good a chance as anyone else in the top 10***

Sep 26, 2013, 10:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not yet******

Sep 26, 2013, 10:10 PM

I'll step out on a limb & say YES SIR!

Sep 26, 2013, 10:19 PM

it may be too soon, but things just feel different around here & in a good way. i had a feeling about this season before the year started & i not only think we(the team) can do it, but WILL do it!
things will certainly have to go our way.
we'll have to be both patient smart.
we'll have to be opportunistic.
we're well coached & pretty well stacked with some weaker points of course that just have to keep their composure & depend on team.
We SHOULD do it & have all that's necessary: coaches & staff, talent, leaders, etc...
my gut says we WILL!

I've been wrong before,
an optimistic Tiger

Guarded Optimism

Sep 26, 2013, 10:23 PM

Not to belittle your comments.

Re: Guarded Optimism

Sep 26, 2013, 10:26 PM

no offense taken man.

everything has an orange hue for me! :)

i can think objectively though & see many arguments to be taken against us...

Our boys are a team though & want it TOGETHER!

Re: Guarded Optimism

Sep 26, 2013, 10:28 PM

Agree. I think 90% of it is desire.

i was hoping that Nuk was coming back though...

Sep 26, 2013, 10:30 PM [ in reply to I'll step out on a limb & say YES SIR! ]

it makes you wonder if things would be any different, but even he had some rough games.

CAN'T BLAME THAT, or Nuk...he's doing great & we're all proud & happy for him!

We're still coming on & will continue to get better, not peaking to soon...I think Dabo's 100 pro.

We're the best team in the nation...

Sep 26, 2013, 10:11 PM

...and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

So yes.

lol we are no where close to being the best team in the nation.***

Sep 27, 2013, 9:53 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

i have had that feeling we would all season

Sep 26, 2013, 10:19 PM

We get past Maryland undefeated...we will go undefeated...this season just has that feel...I dont know what it is..but think bout it in Years past we lose the nc state game playing that poorly....don't know what it is just has that feeling

still got doubts with our running game and secondary

Sep 26, 2013, 10:21 PM

but, if they can play without BIG mistakes, why now...

gonna enjoy each saturday and worry about record after coot game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My biggest doubt about the running game is whether

Sep 27, 2013, 9:00 AM

we will continue to go away from it when it's working. In the 2nd half we have Hot Rod averaging 6-6.5 ypc and we go pass-pass-pass to start drives.

I'm a LONG time Tiger, but........

Sep 26, 2013, 10:21 PM

watching a breakdown of our WR's blocking effort I'd say we have a 0% chance. I hope it improves or we will lose at least 2 more games - guaranteed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a LONG time Tiger, but........

Sep 26, 2013, 10:23 PM

just 'cause I FEEL like we'll go all the way, doesn't mean we don't have a long way to go & need to keep growing & improving!

we need to tighten up quite a few bolts, but the machine's running fine...

The path forward is laid out

Sep 26, 2013, 10:26 PM

All the objectives are clear. Just need to execute it.

I agree with you regarding the blocking by the WRs but still

Sep 26, 2013, 10:32 PM [ in reply to I'm a LONG time Tiger, but........ ]

think we have a chance. I am sure the coaches have spotted it if we have, and are working to improve it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Clemson vs

Sep 26, 2013, 10:24 PM

Stanford or Oregon. I don't see any sec team going undefeated but we have a shot if we take care of fsu at home and make it out of cootlumbia.

even if it didn't go completely our way...

Sep 26, 2013, 10:33 PM

we're obviously doing very well on building for the future!

Go Tigers!

Re: Come on...Do You Really Feel CLEMSON will go to NC Game?!

Sep 26, 2013, 10:40 PM

If we lose a game, it'll because the other team handles the blitz and torches our secondary.

If you give our offense enough chances, they'll put up yards/pts. See LSU game.

Sep 26, 2013, 10:56 PM

agree wholeheartedly

No. I don't see us winning in Columbia.***

Sep 26, 2013, 10:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. I don't see us winning in Columbia.***

Sep 26, 2013, 10:58 PM

what keeps us from winning in Cola...?

I'm just curious, because it's not like that's impossible.
just look at our record there...

Sep 26, 2013, 10:59 PM

i'm sayin it's about dayum time we beat them there again!!!

Gonna do it too

Sep 26, 2013, 11:04 PM [ in reply to No. I don't see us winning in Columbia.*** ]

Hope the team doesn't feel that way. I have been to more games in Columbia that Clemson won than games they lost.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'm 3-2.

Sep 27, 2013, 9:52 AM

With the two from 2009 and 2011. They have our number. We will have to play literally lights out to beat them at there place.

Chickens will ALWAYS be chickens...

Sep 26, 2013, 11:13 PM [ in reply to No. I don't see us winning in Columbia.*** ]

Pure and simple...Tajh joins his Clemson brethren QBs in punishing those sinners and their sinful HC before riding off to the NC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Don't kid yourself.***

Sep 27, 2013, 9:17 AM [ in reply to No. I don't see us winning in Columbia.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So have you seen us play at a level this year to where we

Sep 27, 2013, 9:51 AM

could beat them on the road?

I haven't.

I haven't seen them as world beaters this year either.

Sep 27, 2013, 10:22 AM

It's early to be making a claim either way.

I'll say this through a thick veil of optimism, USuCk lost a ton of players on defense in their secondary. We did too but we've got a couple of maturing players who have a great deal of experience on the field now.

Our linemen can play with anybody and our skill players are better than anything USuCk will face this year.

If you consider all that a wash consider this. For many years USuCk has had the advantage of having two weeks to prepare for the Clemson game. This year we play a Thursday night game and have 16 days to prepare for them. We've also suffered the fate of spending years without a good defensive coordinator. We look forward to this game with that certain amount of advantage over previous years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So have you seen us play at a level this year to where.?

Sep 27, 2013, 10:44 AM [ in reply to So have you seen us play at a level this year to where we ]

BU11SH1T!
yes...see: UGA-Clemson game.

that effort would beat USuCk!!!

Sep 27, 2013, 10:08 AM [ in reply to No. I don't see us winning in Columbia.*** ]

If we don't win in Columbia this year, I'll have a reasonably priced house on the market there. I can't live another year like this.

The answer will come on the road...

Sep 26, 2013, 11:11 PM

Win decisively against Syracuse, stayed focused and defeat Florida State at home, then finish the Terps for the final time (collecting the ACC Exit Fee while there!), and Tajh fulfilling his destiny in Chicken Town, and you may be looking the NC game square in the face.

So, if all of that happens, be careful what you wish for...and Oregon/CLEM NC game. It will be like watching a game on 4x fast forward...Both teams will run 110 plays each.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

If this was next year....maybe!

Sep 27, 2013, 12:22 AM

But it isn't next year...its the same old bcs junk and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but no one is gonna beat Oregon or Alabama guys. If Stanford were to do the same thing they did last year and beat Oregon then there is the possiblilty they would jump us. The absolute only way we get there is to get some help and plus we have to win the rest of our games and that's a tall order. It could happen of course but I hope none of you are betting the farm on it. If this was 2014 I would say we would have a very very good shot at it...but alas it isn't.

People say this every year

Sep 27, 2013, 8:54 AM

We get to about half way through the season, and teams are looking good. Then some how they always manage to drop one. Alabama is very beatable. Oregon always struggles against Top 25 teams, especially Stanford. Our road is just as tough. Realistically only one team will be undeafted coming out of the regular season.

Bill, what is gained by thinking otherwise?

Sep 27, 2013, 6:57 AM

Is there some solace in saying, "Well, I knew it was coming!" after a loss? Is there some balm in believing your team is going to fail?

The road is equally long for all out there, but someone is going to reach the end atop everyone else. Until proven otherwise, what is gained by believing it wouldn't be the Sons of Clemson?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Less than 10% chance which is still better than most***

Sep 27, 2013, 7:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2013, 10:28 AM

Only if we improve every week. That means a huge improvement this Sat. over the last game.

Sep 27, 2013, 10:30 AM

In years past, I was certainly more worried about the basic games against GT, VT, even Wake Forest and Duke. This year, as shown against NC State, Clemson is good enough to make lots of mistakes, play flat and still come out on top against the remaining teams with the exception of FSU and SC.

Still there are lots of things that must happen to make it through the season undefeated. Also, let's face it.. without a loss by Bama and Oregon, there is no NC game for Clemson this year. It's theirs unless they lose.

Kepp winning Tigers! That's all we can do.

oh ye of little faith...

Sep 27, 2013, 10:38 AM

worrying about everyone else but Clemson.

so & so needs to do this, they need to win there, lose here...

the point is, Dabo & Tajh keep repeating it, if we take care of OUR business, then it'll work out.

we could always use help from other teams screwing up, but we have to take care of what we can.
if it's meant to be, it will happen with the right effort from Clemson.

EVERYONE IS BEATABLE, why speculate? be positive & think positively...pawsatively, Clemson goes all the way!

Go Tigers!

Is that you Tommy?

Sep 27, 2013, 10:42 AM

Just change the oil and tune it up?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 27, 2013, 10:59 AM

Until we can beat USUC- CLEMSON and NCG should not even be discussed in the same sentence.

Also, Maryland, FSU, and even Miami are going to be a handful to get thru. I don't see anyone other than Miami winning the Coastal.

JMO

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic