Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College Football Players Should be Paid. The Money should
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

College Football Players Should be Paid. The Money should

Nov 8, 2013, 5:28 AM

be sent to them after they Graduate. A big fat check for the Years they spend being part of the team. Everyone paid the same amount. Everybody is making money off them. Coaches trademarking their names is the new trend for making money??? The boys are expected to play ball and study. Many probably can't focus enough to take the most needed courses for a high paying career job. Most of them will never make it to the NFL or make it in the NFL.
What does the University of Tigernet think? Besides that I am a coot LOL. Asking the Tigernetters with a brain for a serious discussion

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College Football Players Should be Paid. The Money should

Nov 8, 2013, 6:05 AM

I think that your idea is simplistic.

In your scenario would Nuk Hopkins and Sammy W get zero as they didn't graduate, while a 4 year bench warmer gets a full share?

Would you pay AJ McCarron more than a benchwarmer at Akron?

This would be AN incentive to Graduate. Those that don't

Nov 8, 2013, 6:09 AM

and take big money offers from the NFL lose out their College paychecks. I am sure they probably don't care because they are getting big money from the NFL

Yea, everyone would be paid the same. Better than being paid

Nov 8, 2013, 6:11 AM

nothing for everyone. You make the team, you get paid

I wonder how i graduated without that incentive.***

Nov 8, 2013, 8:41 AM [ in reply to This would be AN incentive to Graduate. Those that don't ]

I think you are disconnected from reality.***

Nov 8, 2013, 6:07 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Reality is everyone is being paid but the ones who actually

Nov 8, 2013, 6:13 AM

do the work and risk being injured

Reality is

Nov 8, 2013, 8:43 AM

If I could somehow have the talent to play college football I would have gladly taken a scholarship for it!

They are payed in a 15k scholarship every year***

Nov 8, 2013, 7:13 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are payed in a 15k scholarship every year***

Nov 8, 2013, 7:21 AM

How many of them leave school with a student loan they have to pay back?

If you pay Football Players you will have to pay soccer..etc

Nov 8, 2013, 7:21 AM

where would you stop? Lawsuits?

LOL,,,but just for talking

Nov 8, 2013, 7:48 AM

only thing wrong is how much $$$$ each player would be paid, some schools have more $$$$$ than others, NCAA can not control/stop players from being paid now
With that said say they could/should be paid equal no matter the school like the NFL has gone to
Start a draft put all the ESPN top 300 players in
take the top ranked 25 teams
just like the Pros #25 gets 1st pick
a player can decide not to be in the draft and go to any school they want to, but they can not be a member have any contact with the football program for 1 year
No school can skip/trade their pick
Any school/player found to be guilty of any draft rules will lose 1 year of play per player
this would never work because many schools/programs do not want anyone knowing or controlling what they already do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a very bad idea. ******

Nov 8, 2013, 7:53 AM

null

It's called a diploma.***

Nov 8, 2013, 7:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

With what SEC teams are already paying ...

Nov 8, 2013, 8:02 AM

this would kick them up into a higher tax bracket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you pay FB players, you have to pay all sports. Title 9

Nov 8, 2013, 8:03 AM

start thinking.

Paying student athletes is a bad idea. Paying for full scholarship costs is not.

You would probably have a really high IQ to take

Nov 8, 2013, 8:09 AM

courses that would get you a good paying career job and do the Football deal at the same time ie practice, travel etc

Ok! FOR THE LAST F'N TIME............NO!!!!

Nov 8, 2013, 8:05 AM

A free college education and all the perks that go with a FULL RIDE is compensation enough!

Maybe everyone should get a trophy, too.

Nov 8, 2013, 8:47 AM

Pay everyone equally?? Even if you think paying non-pro athletes is a good idea, why equally?

Perhaps a better system is to create some kind of fund from athletic proceeds. Those funds can be made available to athletes who DON'T go on to be pros with nice contracts. Not sure how to 'distribute' it in detail, but perhaps a start is to pay a first year stipend out of it so the non-pro athlete has time to find their next journey/career. All sports.

The top players and likely top contributors get their just rewards in the sports world. Scholarship and non-scholarship athletes get some 'fair share' to help them start their post college lives.

Re: College Football Players Should be Paid. The Money should

Nov 8, 2013, 9:02 AM

I am strongly against paying college football players. Many of the reasons have already been discussed here but here's one that nobody has thought about yet...the residual effect of paying players on high school kids and younger...

There is already a lack of good role models for some demographics of people. Many kids in high school and younger only aspire to be good in a sport or in music, etc, mostly because of the lack of support for education in the home in conjunction with the aforementioned role models' careers. If you start to pay players in college, how many of those kids that would have tried to do decent in high school now drop classes to try to get into any college they can play ball in?

Also, as students athletes they have the chance to get to the NFL. Yes not many kids make it to the league, but at least they have the opportunity to try and make millions a year. I don't know about you, but I had to pay for college myself for the chance to make an average, middle class salary. I'd say a scholarship and the chance to make millions is definitely more than enough compensation.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic