Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cold light of day observations from last night. Real talk.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 912

Cold light of day observations from last night. Real talk.

Dec 6, 2020, 7:43 AM

1) The Huddle is BV's kryptonite. We better pray Skalski can go in the ACCCG. We will need him.

2) The difference in TLaw's short pass vs. long pass completions is startling. We badly miss the downfield playmakers we've been accustomed to having. Powell has been great, but he doesn't have that high-pointing, fiddy-fiddy bawl ability of Ross, Higgins, etc. Not sure who on our team does, as so many WRs have been out this year. Rodgers has been very good at times, but he's still not quite "3rd and Renfrow" reliable. And last night either VT keyed on the TE over the middle plays or TLaw was just a little off, because those plays were not there like they have been at times. A deep ball threat would be great to have for the championship game(s).

3) I really think Lyn-J is just a better RB right now than ETN. Not sure why, but he has run better than ETN lately. I say feed him. And Mellusi while we're at it.

4) Last night I think I again saw frustration on TLaw's face like we did earlier in the season when he wanted to run tempo. I hope I am reading too much into this but it seems our offensive play calling and communication to the field is off since Scott left. Not saying Scott was better than TE, but maybe things were communicated better in that system compared to whatever we're doing now.

5) I think the ND rematch will be tough, even if we have most of our guys back. ND will do what VT did with the huddle, except they have the talent to do it all game and not sh*t the bed in the process.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We play like we did last night and we will not win

Dec 6, 2020, 7:56 AM

maybe it was the cold, maybe TL is having some post Covid issues, but he looked bad imo.

Talent won that game, not play calling.

Looks to me like we will have to wait another year to raise the natty - just don't see this team winning out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. I hear a lot of, "We'll beat ND by three scores."

Dec 6, 2020, 8:45 AM

Not if they played last night. And the teams get better after that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The hype machine

Dec 6, 2020, 8:01 AM

will get to Book and ND. Clemson crushes their soul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The hype machine

Dec 6, 2020, 8:57 PM

I think the fighting Dabos and the Domers will be with 2 TD. Clemson will win. The ACC want 2 playoff team and think they will get them. The SEC comish is not happy after their well crafted plan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right on a lot of points...

Dec 6, 2020, 8:33 AM

Hurrying to the line of scrimmage really limits BV.

We REALLY miss our receivers, hope Ladson and Ngata get better quickly. Absolutely no clue what Fowler was talking about last night, ROSS is not coming back this year.

Lyn-J isn't even in the same hemisphere of ETN, in fact the rest of our RB's are quite a step down. Losing Bowman really hurt.

I'm starting to wonder about our offense. I've seen several instances where NFL guys refer to it as simplistic. Last night looked like we ran 8 different plays the entire night.

The ND game will be a war.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with all. Minor difference is that the issues with

Dec 6, 2020, 8:43 AM

D seem to be youth and personnel, rather than scheme. They completely shut down VT in second half. ND can better exploit the lack of LB experience if Skalski is out, I think. The fact that we seem so dependent on one player isnt good, but we do need an LB leader to develop. Soon would be good.

The offense isnt clicking, no question. Props to you for commenting beyond the 'we cant run' mantra, but that is a huge part of it too. Yes, Lyn-J seems too productive to get no more plays than he does. In the passing game, last night might have given the Heisman to Fields (I dont care about that, just saying), and whether it was frustration, scheme, dont know. Teams are like their coaches, and Elliott is cerebral, measured, calm. We play offense the same way. That's better than three straight bombs and a punt, but still. More 2nd and 4s, fewer 2nd and 9s, would solve a lot of that.

Alabama seems just like the Alabama we know. Harris is a load, WR's are NFLers (and they are throwing to them), and they own the line of scrimmage. They seem the clear #1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good analysis

Dec 6, 2020, 8:54 AM

I think when ETN is out, defenses are thinking pass first and relax just enough to make it easier for LJ to find a hole.

They keep talking about TL’s grasp of the offense and how he’s the on field coach of sorts. Let him run it - if he wants tempo let him run tempo. Don’t overthink the cat and mouse game.

Can’t steal signs if they aren’t using them but BV still has the ability to pick up tendencies on the fly and adjust IF the offense can keep us in the game long enough.

Apparently we not so deep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

A coach said Watson was changing most of the plays in his

Dec 6, 2020, 9:04 AM

last year at Clemson. If TL is not doing that, maybe should.

Drinking warm liquor by a campfire while watching

Dec 6, 2020, 8:54 AM

The game actually werks. I shaved on GameDay so winning wasn't a concern.

Now if I could get this Tylenol to work....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On my third cup of coffee and 2nd dosage of Tylenol

Dec 6, 2020, 9:24 AM

I feel like I have the Covid fog!

Shots last night were some cheap stuff I found in the cabinet, in two weeks it will be Eagle Rare or Blanton's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A man wiser than I once told me.......

Dec 6, 2020, 3:16 PM

For a migraine, or hangover headache (ie. bad), take some Tylenol. If that doesn't work, drink some caffeine, then take some ibuprofen on top of the Tylenol.

So far this trio has never failed me with a headache.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A man even wiser than that guy would have told you that

Dec 6, 2020, 10:45 PM

copious amounts of booze combined with acetaminophen with any frequency whatsoever is highly toxic to your liver.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cold light of day observations from last night. Real talk.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:12 AM

BV is fine. He has no kryptonite. Worst case he shuts em down after making halftime adjustments. Dabo needs to include BV in every pre-meal and bedtime prayer he says.

I’ve pretty much mirrored your other concerns this season. Minus flashes of brilliance we don’t have the dudes on the OL or in the WR Corp, and TE is at a loss as to how to scheme around it, so he’s doing this magic 8-ball playcalling to try and keep defenses unbalanced. A good D is gonna say GTFO with that.

I like LJD too, and he needs more touches, but more to keep ETN fresh than to be the featured back.

I like the ND matchup and feel quite good about it, but my optimism ends after that. Don’t like us vs Bama or tOSU and that pains me to say, but it’s reality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His kryptonite is running QBs.***

Dec 6, 2020, 10:27 AM

His kryptonite is slow running QBs.

Dec 6, 2020, 11:17 AM

Conner Shaw prototypes.

Clemson's largest margin of victory ever over the Hokies

Dec 6, 2020, 9:15 AM

so there won't be a single one negative thought/vibe from my end.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

positives from O and D

Dec 6, 2020, 9:24 AM

Clemson’s 8.3 yards per play represent its highest average since last year’s ACC Championship Game against Virginia (9.2).

Clemson held Virginia Tech to 131 rushing yards, the Hokies’ lowest output of the season. Virginia Tech entered the game averaging 250.9 rushing yards per game this season, the most in the ACC and the ninth-most in the country.

Honestly, it’s a nice problem to have.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Clemson's largest margin of victory ever over the Hokies ]

Seems like we are basically measuring ourselves against the standard of winning the playoff game and championship, while assuming regular season wins as givens, and yeah, I suppose that means we are spoiled.

Sweating a VT or FSU or even Wake game is an all too recent reality for any of us over 30, so I suppose I should be savoring them a little more, but our own coach is saying best is the standard, so even he’s not comparing the team to the old Bowden days.

Re: Cold light of day observations from last night. Real talk.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:30 AM

I wish Jake Venables a speedy recovery, but it was nice to get some others get a chance. I don't think he is talented enough.

Bentley needs more PT.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

He played with his hair on fire.

Patterson has been playing very good too.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:59 PM

We will still need # 47 and Davis to stop the run.

To Jakes defense he is ...

Dec 6, 2020, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Cold light of day observations from last night. Real talk. ]

2nd on the team in tackles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We.are.doomed***

Dec 6, 2020, 12:49 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 912
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic