Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coin Toss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,039

Coin Toss

Jan 4, 2018, 1:57 PM

I've been trying to figure out where we actually lost the game Monday night and watching the game again it became painfully obvious. The initial coin toss is where we ultimately lost the game. Had we won the toss the defense would have been on the field to start with and pinned Bama deep into their end of the field. Bama couldn't drive the length of the field on our defense. This was obvious as Bama was unable to sustain a drive and did not score again, once we were able to sustain the drive and get that FG, except off of the turnovers the rest of the game. Somehow the coaches need to find a way to win the coin toss against teams like Bama. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get a good punter who can flip the field***

Jan 4, 2018, 1:58 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Refs botched the coin toss ... they was gonna let Clemson

Jan 4, 2018, 1:59 PM

call it ... and at the last second let Bama call it ... rewatch the tape.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama was supposed to call it, so the refs got it right***

Jan 4, 2018, 2:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Refs botched the coin toss ... they was gonna let Clemson

Jan 4, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Refs botched the coin toss ... they was gonna let Clemson ]

Actually the visiting team should get to call the toss. But what I saw the entire bowl season is their was a special could made with each team logo on it. The coin would then be tossed and whoever logo came up was the winner of the coin toss. I do not know why they did it differently in this game. Even the Rose Bowl had the teams logos on the coin.

Re: Coin Toss

Jan 4, 2018, 2:03 PM

My husband said it was lost at the coin toss too. We never flipped that field and kept giving it to Bama on that side of the field. It was inevitable they would score.

When we failed to convert the fumble at start of 2nd half

Jan 4, 2018, 2:05 PM

into 7 points ... we essentially lost the game.

Most doubt was gone at that point except for the Clemson hopefuls.

We showed under no uncertain terms that we could not move the ball effectively or consistently no matter where we were on the field.

We showed it again at the end of the game when we couldn't even push in a garbage time score inside the red zone.

Our field position was terrible for most of the game, but even when it wasn't we couldn't get the job done.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When we failed to convert the fumble at start of 2nd half

Jan 4, 2018, 3:36 PM

sadly your post is right on the money. D was able to do enough to keep us in it till the O caught on but they never did

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When we failed to convert the fumble at start of 2nd half

Jan 4, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to When we failed to convert the fumble at start of 2nd half ]

> into 7 points ... we essentially lost the game.
>
> Most doubt was gone at that point except for the
> Clemson hopefuls.
>
> We showed under no uncertain terms that we could not
> move the ball effectively or consistently no matter
> where we were on the field.
>
> We showed it again at the end of the game when we
> couldn't even push in a garbage time score inside the
> red zone.
>
> Our field position was terrible for most of the game,
> but even when it wasn't we couldn't get the job done.

Exactly. It hurt us in the 1st half, but defense kept us in the game. We should have converted the fumble to start the 2nd half into 7 points. Some is on Clemson, but kudos to Bama's defense for holding us to a FG. From there I think our offense felt too much pressure and Bama went after KB and totally harassed him.

So you're saying Bama won it as a result of them

Jan 4, 2018, 2:19 PM

electing to play defense first? This post is Stanley approved

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So you're saying Bama won it as a result of them

Jan 4, 2018, 2:49 PM

No, I'm saying the coaches need to find a better way to win the coin toss. This relying on fate is not working as evident in the game Monday night. Go Tigers

Jan 4, 2018, 2:38 PM

Corso picked Bama on a full moon night, when everyone else picked Clemson...we were cursed way before the coin toss!!

Jan 4, 2018, 3:55 PM

Loss coin toss but got fumble recovery first or second play of second half.......the offense was just embarrassing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,039
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic