Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The bias is palpable.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

The bias is palpable.

Jul 23, 2019, 12:53 PM

https://es.pn/2JLctpl

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. Keep it up.

Jul 23, 2019, 12:59 PM

Last thing I want is media adoration.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given the length of time they're refrencing

Jul 23, 2019, 1:05 PM

I can't argue too much. Between 1998 - 2011 we were hardly cranking out All-americans left and right.

Now, narrow the parameters to 2011-present and we'd have an argument

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Given the length of time they're refrencing

Jul 23, 2019, 1:17 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was going to say. They started the rankings with the beginning of the BCS era. I'd be very interested to see a list starting with the Playoff era.

Jul 23, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Given the length of time they're refrencing ]

I remember my roommate from Clemson commenting not too many years ago that the best QB Clemson put in the NFL since we started at Clemson (1979) is known for holding a clipboard (Charlie Whitehurst). Clemson hasn't exactly loaded the NFL up with QBs over the years.

Jul 23, 2019, 9:22 PM

Yeah but Clipboard Jesus made a very good living while not getting hit too often.

This doesn’t matter Clemson has already won the WRU

Jul 23, 2019, 1:19 PM

Argument, current and former players believe it, and high school recruits do also.

Feels like we should be somewhere on the list for WRU

Jul 23, 2019, 1:30 PM

but there are a lot of studs on there from the other schools too. Going all the way back to 1998 definitely hurts us. I think you would see a much stronger Clemson representation if it were just for the current decade, but we really didn't produce much talent for the first 12 or 13 of the 20 years here.

Overall, I don't have much of a problem with it.

Coaching Turnover effects

Jul 23, 2019, 1:51 PM

How can they classify a school, when coaching turnover will directly impact the ability to develop a particular skilled position? Imagine how many different wide receiver coaches have gone through a particular program since 1998. I think our claim to WRU and DLU are based on current and at least recent coaching.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to admit, for many, many years

Jul 23, 2019, 1:57 PM

I always knew the name of the USC QB...it was like the mini-Heisman of college football. They may not be the #1 QB in a given year, but seldom was a Trojan QB far down the list. Heck, you could probably go back another 10-20 years...and definitely on RB's. It's amazing, frankly, how far that program has slid...they're not even in the current Top 25 of recruiting, although that will most definitely change between now and Thanksgiving, much less, signing day.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have to admit, for many, many years

Jul 23, 2019, 6:22 PM

Back in the day (for us old farts) when you tuned into a college football game on TV, chances are it was USC (Trojans), Nebraska, or Notre Dame. Because they were the teams always on TV, everyone wanted to go play there. Now that you can watch most major teams on one of many sports channels, USC and Nebraska have to compete for recruits just like everyone else. It seems they haven't done such a great job of it.

Re: I have to admit, for many, many years

Jul 23, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to I have to admit, for many, many years ]

USC should have gotten crushed for the Reggie Bush/Pete Carrol scheme ... but they didn't . Still , they've been seemingly cursed since their last appearance in the NC ... where Vince Young and Texas broke the spell .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic