Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach V replacement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Coach V replacement

Sep 11, 2020, 5:53 PM

If and when Coach V takes a head coaching job do you think Dabo will promote from within or will get someone from the outside? Who comes to mind? I hate to even think about it, but I think it happens sooner than later, especially if the Tigers grab another Natty this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Coach V replacement

Sep 11, 2020, 5:55 PM

Bates probably gets an interview (but that is based on nothing really)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 6:01 PM

We have a great young DT coach from Alabama and a former a High School coach from Grayson Ga. that I believe would both be great candidates. Dabo has a plan always but I believe he would hire from within.

I don’t think we have to worry about it the next 5 years with Brents kids playing for him, plus he loves doing his job in Clemson and 2 million a year isn’t bad.

We are so blessed to have Tony and Brent. The former Boston College coach would make a great defensive coach too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 11, 2020, 6:12 PM

Not gonna be a problem. At the rate we are going with this virus crap there will not be college football in 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Coach V was to leave in the next few years.

Sep 11, 2020, 6:22 PM

Jay Bateman (UNC, and formerly West Point) should definitely get an interview.

Guy is an ace recruiter, great attitude, players love him and he has very similar in style to BV (Aggressive, Multiple, makes the offense defend "them" with lots of disruptive style play calling). While he coaches safeties now, he has coached linebackers in the past.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Coach V was to leave in the next few years.

Sep 11, 2020, 6:33 PM

See WakeyLeaks scandal

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice reminder. I forgot about that.

Sep 11, 2020, 6:58 PM

I think that being his only black mark, from 4 years ago, and the fact he was hired by Mack Brown (and UNC signed off on it) bodes well for future possibilities.

It's something he'll have to always answer for every time he interviews, but I don't think that alone going to stop him from getting a job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 6:40 PM

User Logo
awoffor dterrier®
110%er [6644]
TigerPulse: 100%
Coach V replacement [1]
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 5:53 PM

If and when Coach V takes a head coaching job do you think Dabo will promote from within or will get someone from the outside? Who comes to mind? I hate to even think about it, but I think it happens sooner than later, especially if the Tigers grab another Natty this year.

micky conn will be d coordinator if v leaves

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic