Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,712

Coach Brownell

Dec 23, 2019, 11:35 AM

Is a good coach as he has proven before he ever came to Clemson. The biggest mark against him was last year when he should have made the tournament and made a run. The year before we are final 16. That being said the way they lost games last year was really unbelievable even by Clemson basketball futility standards. It was almost like " NO ONE in AMERICA EVER loses games like this" ! Anyone who follows Clemson basketball knew this team was gonna be bad but this is going to turn into something really ugly I'm afraid and I hate it for him and this staff and the players. This team will be very fortunate to get 10 total wins. In fact I'm not sure where 4 wins come from in the ACC ?? At the end of the day Coach Brownell has been a positive face of Clemson and loyal for 10 years. Unless a miracle takes place ( and I do mean divine intervention ) I think he will not be our coach next year. That fact being said I'd love to see him in some type of administrative role and continue to be a Clemson guy. He does not deserve the ridicule he gets from this forum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Brownell

Dec 23, 2019, 11:55 AM

Yeah, here we go with Brad as a "Clemson Man". He is also a very unsuccessful coach at this level. How long you people going to drink the Brad Kool-Aid? He has gotten everything he wants and more for all the excuses he has offered during this long torturous tenure. You and I will not agree on this EVER which is ok but bottom line is the head coach is paid to win---not be a nice guy. He came came, he saw, he failed. Deal with it. D Rad is probably on your side. He refuses to accept too!

Dec 23, 2019, 12:10 PM

AD's make mistakes. DR keeps making the same one. Maybe he is just too lazy to do what needs to be done or just does not have the stomach for it. The only thing worse than a BB coached team is a BB "Don't have a clue" press conference. I don't think he really gives a hoot and I definitely think that he doesn't want to be at Clemson anymore. No fire, no enthusiasm-no nothing!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 12:04 PM

He was proved to be a good coach by being the third or fourth best Horizon League coach at the time we hired him? The ability to persuade the Clemson faithful that Brownell was a guru is incredible. He's proven, for a decade, that he is a mediocre coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Brownell is safe for 3 more years.

Dec 23, 2019, 12:40 PM

Drad would have fired Brad last year if he wasn't safe this year. They knew we were going to be bad this year. It's not a pressing problem for them. They think we will be good enough next year to buy him at least a couple more years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year should’ve been it

Dec 23, 2019, 12:43 PM

There was no reason to not make the tournament last year. For once everything was in his favor and he had the chance to capitalize with momentum but instead it was another step back

Tell em coot ***

Dec 23, 2019, 12:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell em coot ***

Dec 23, 2019, 12:47 PM

Dude, calling someone a Coot because you disagree with them is pretty low IQ junk.

This guy only posts to complain or annoy people with bad music.

Dec 23, 2019, 1:28 PM

If I call him a coot why should you care? If someone calls me a coot why should I care? If someone calls you a coot why should you care? Get over yourself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop smoking the mistletoe....***

Dec 23, 2019, 12:58 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,712
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic