Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When does the Covid death count start for Biden?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

When does the Covid death count start for Biden?

Jan 4, 2021, 4:49 PM

A) Immediately he gets 50% since starting the Office of the President Elect
B) the day he is sworn in
C) after the first quarter
D) never, because everyone on the left is a hypocrite

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be no deaths. As best I can tell, because "covid

Jan 4, 2021, 5:13 PM

is Trump's fault', the following two things will happen:
- The minority of people who do not wear masks will start wearing them
- The masks that have thus far not been preventing infections will begin doing so.

That happens on Jan 20. Not until.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was all going to be over on Nov 4

Jan 4, 2021, 5:33 PM

Now its Jan 20?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice try, but no, we're not changing the subject.***

Jan 4, 2021, 7:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh...its the exact. same. subject.***

Jan 5, 2021, 10:49 AM

Uhh... Not even close. See below.***

Jan 5, 2021, 11:02 AM

You're embarrassing yourself here...

Jan 5, 2021, 11:30 AM

And really should eject from the thread.

No, it's not calming down any more after Jan. 20 than it was after Nov. 3 like you claim. The OP is dumb. Your doubling down on it is dumber.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

C'mon man... quit rubbing our noses in it. All you guys that

Jan 4, 2021, 5:17 PM

said COVID would magically disappear on Nov 4 were right, and all of the world's leading epidemiologists and experts on infectious disease were wrong. It was all indeed a big fat hoax created by the Dems to undermine Trump before the election. We get it, OK? No need to gloat about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Just to be clear: It wasn't Trump's fault?***

Jan 4, 2021, 5:31 PM

Pandemic: NO...Response: YES ... Basically, a fustercluck.***

Jan 4, 2021, 6:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, that's what I wanted to know. Pandemic was not his

Jan 4, 2021, 7:46 PM

fault. I wanted to know for two reasons:

1. If it wasn't, then deaths will continue on Nov 20. If it was, those deaths should start to drop on Nov 20 to a degree not accounted for by the vaccine.

2. After a political and media apparatus blamed Trump for the pandemic, and millions of people fell into line with that narrative, and many people on this board parroted that narrative, and now that the cause of the pandemic is leaving office, I wondered if there was any honest humor remaining in those who fell for such a thing.

Keowee's post should be a little funny. I mean, really. Trump caused the pandemic in the US, so deaths should stop, right? Somebody, at least one, should be able to say, "Okay, okay, we were a little over the top on that." We'll see.

Nobody said Trump caused the pandemic.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:01 AM

Nobody here. Nobody off this board. You know that. You're making up that claim to be intentionally obtuse. Because if you aren't intentionally making that up, you really, really, really suck at reading comprehension.

What Trump was blamed for was his response, and it was atrocious. The numbers in America alone are a testament to that. What made it worse was how Trump downplayed and mocked the seriousness of the virus--something YOU and others of your ilk did as well--thus making ALL of you responsible for where we are now.

Trump and his admin could not have stopped COVID from coming to America. Let's say it again. Trump could NOT have stopped it from coming to America. But he could have been better prepared, he could have taken better action, and he could have united the people to work together to help shut it down. Instead, he chose mockery, division, and turning the pandemic into some political issue about rights over masks and other BS, or held packed rallies with no masks to turn up their noses at Americans who actually took it seriously.

And you, sir, were the fool who fell for such a thing.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

How come he's the only one that takes any heat for a poor

Jan 5, 2021, 9:47 AM

response? Cuomo could be considered a mass murderer due to putting COVID patients in nursing homes....Why no seething rage over that? What about people like Gavin Newsom blatantly defying his own orders? You don't think people see that sort of thing and think "hmm, this seems political"? And it still kills me to see people blame Trump over people questioning masks, you know, considering almost a year ago the official narrative was that homemade masks don't work. Per Lord Fauci himself. For me personally, you can't tell me the opposite of what you've been telling me and expect me to take you seriously anymore. I think a lot of people feel that way. But I guess that's Trump's fault too.

I agree he didn't handle things great, but I'm really not sure what more a lot of you wanted him to do. Any further action he took would be viewed as fascist/authoritarian, so in my estimation he was ###### if he did, and ###### if he didn't in a lot of peoples eyes.

I don't understand the pathological need to blame him, and really Republicans for everything. Surely you realize there are many prominent Democrats that politicized COVID at least as much as Trump has, no?

But as with everything, this goes back to being Trump and his supporters fault. When do we send them to the Gulags?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On a federal level, he should get it.

Jan 5, 2021, 10:30 AM

On local levels, sure, there is plenty of other blame to go around. There's plenty to toss around here in just SC.

I agree he didn't handle things great, but I'm really not sure what more a lot of you wanted him to do.

I've listed that in the past but there is plenty he could have done. But probably the most important would have been the unified message he could have given us in a crisis as so many other presidents have done in the past. They put politics aside and led.

The blame isn't a partisan one and sure, plenty of Dems deserve it (look at the Cali gov). But on the federal level, the buck stops with the president, and he failed.

My response was to clowns like Tulsa who masquerade with faux intelligence over this issue but were parroting the president's idiot response months ago. And yes, any average American citizen who continued to scoff at masks, congregate in massive gatherings, flap their stupid gums about how the virus would "go away after the election"... they shoulder some of the blame.

No need for a Gulag. Just make them be properly and publicly labeled the imbeciles that they are.

Some people wants to forget that they came on this board

Jan 5, 2021, 11:01 AM [ in reply to How come he's the only one that takes any heat for a poor ]

and said that we didn't stop the pandemic, or that it was allowed into the US, or that the US was doing worse than other countries, or that the virus wasn't contained - take your pick - because Trump didn't talk about masks right. People were all over media, social media, and this board making that exact case.

All we heard during the political season was "Trump said this", "Trump said that" or "Trump didn't say this or that" about masks or covid. I'm not talking politics here - I'm glad he wasn't elected - or about masks. I'm talking about the left's blaming of the pandemic on one person for political gain, turning us against each other in the process.

Okay, so if it was his fault, we should turn that around on Jan 20. As soon as the Prez starts saying the right things, we should turn this around. Right?

The claim by most, if not all, of the conservatives on this board was not that covid would go away after the election. I mean, c'mon. It was that the fear mongering would go away. I'll at least admit to having said that, and I will be disappointed in the dishonesty of those who now claim they didn't say Trump was making the pandemic so bad. And the fear mongering has gone down to normal levels, beginning about Dec 1.

Anyway, back to the subject, the new Prez message is going to stop the virus, right?

Nobody's forgetting it...

Jan 5, 2021, 11:26 AM

Because they didn't say most of those. I know you won't address me directly because you're scared to do so publicly, but don't dance around and pretend to know what you're talking about.

Where Trump was criticized was the slow and flippant response to an inevitable arrival of COVID. He couldn't stop it--no one could--but we could have been more ready. All reports coming out of his camp was that he and his minions didn't take it seriously and then saw an opportunity for political gamemanship with it, going as far in the early days to call it a Dem hoax. Remember that? It wasn't just about masks with him. It was a colossal failure to lead, and pretending that wasn't the case is simply willful ignorance.

Once here, Trump continued to downplay the virus or play politics with it despite telling Woodward behind closed doors that he saw it as a real threat. Meanwhile, publicly, he demanded we reopen by Easter--playing cheap, showmanship politics with the fringe evangelicals who adored him--and mocking Biden for wearing a mask.

Through the summer, he continued to hold packed rallies where the virus spread rapidly and killed some of his supporters, all the while his sophomoric base laughed at Biden for "staying in a basement".

All in all, his leadership on a federal level was atrocious. Is he to fully blame? No. No one ever said he was. Plenty of state and local failure on all political fronts contributed to this mess. But Trump showed with ####### bells on why he is not fit to lead us through a crisis. If COVID cost him his presidency, it #### well ####### should have.

The claim by most, if not all, of the conservatives on this board was not that covid would go away after the election. I mean, c'mon. It was that the fear mongering would go away. I'll at least admit to having said that. And it has. We still have coverage of it, but the fear mongering is down to normal levels.

Well, the real conservatives--which you are not--didn't. Intelligent ones like Tiggity or Flow addressed the real dangers of the virus. The conspiracy Trump crowd that gets their info from Tucker Carlson did it. There hasn't been any "fear mongering," and the fear certainly hasn't gone away. It's still the primary story in America, and it's spreading worse than ever following the holidays. Any statement about the virus "going away" or being downplayed after the election was foolish.

Finally, to address the OP and your question, no, it won't magically stop. That's an absurd question. The toothpaste is out of the tube. It's an epic "der herp" question wrapped up in your verbose responses with little substance.

Here, I'll break down the stupid logic:

Intelligent people: "Trump failed us in leadership over this pandemic, thus making the situation much worse than it could have been. He could have led us stronger in the beginning, and maybe our response wouldn't have been so embarrassing for what is supposed to be the strongest nation in the world."

Der Herps: "Oh yeah? Does that mean Biden is gonna magically make it go away?!"

Intelligent people: "Those aren't related. That's an argument fallacy. We're discussing how Trump failed us from the beginning. We don't know what Biden will do, but no person could magically make it go away as soon as he takes office. We'll have to hope science, the vaccines, and smart policy will gradually fix this."

Der Herps: "But you said Trump got us here so if Biden is so good he'll make it disappear! He'll magically fix Trump's supposed screw up, right?! Der herp!"

It's a dumb question from the beginning, and honestly, maybe I'm dumb for having wasted so much time explaining it to grown men who should know better.

He lost me with the testing.

Jan 5, 2021, 11:35 AM

We wasted months not having testing available, and he kept lying about it. Repeatedly.

"We have millions of tests, the most beautiful tests in the world". Except we didn't. Why not just say that?

Even now, with a vaccine, who knows how this thing goes..but just don't lie to me about it.

Exactly.

Jan 5, 2021, 11:39 AM

Just poor leadership all around. I don't think any sane person thought he could stop it. But when a crisis hit and America looked for a leader, they got a blathering, lying, narcissistic idiot.

I was never a fan of Dubya Bush, but I still get chills when I hear his speech on the bullhorn at the wreckage of the WTC.

That was leadership.

Anyone who defends Trump's response to COVID is foolish.

They got blathering, lying idiots all the way around though

Jan 5, 2021, 12:06 PM

It was a top to bottom clown show, which is why I don't understand why some people like Cuomo seem to skate. A lot of these fools were letting prisoners out, sending COVID patents into nursing homes, while simultaneously closing restaurants. W TF kind of sense does that make? And they're doubling down on their idiocy and arbitrary rules.

Believe me, Trump more or less lost me with his COVID handling. Like you, I think he could have provided a lot better leadership. That said, I don't think the media would have given him an opportunity to, anyway. No matter what he said would have been spun. More than that though, I don't understand why all of the clowns aren't lumped into the same clown car in regards to COVID response.

While everyone's up in arms about Trumps lack of leadership, we've got people being arrested and fined in multiple states for the high crime of wanting to open their business. Cuomo wants to indefinitely detain people. LA was threatening to cut peoples power and water off. You can go bowling in Michigan, but can't go to a restaurant!

Where are the anti-fascists/authoritarians now?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was the same with the protests.

Jan 5, 2021, 12:56 PM

As long as folks could protest en masse in the streets, all was good.

If I wanted to go out in my boat by myself, I couldn't stop to go fishing, or walk on a sandbar less I incur the wrath of another SCNDR ticket that would never come off my record.

I seem to recall...

Jan 5, 2021, 2:08 PM [ in reply to They got blathering, lying idiots all the way around though ]

Cuomo and Newsom taking some lumps for their behavior and handling of the virus. I read plenty of criticism in the media about them.

But doesn't it make sense Trump is going to get the lion's share of the scrutiny? He's the president, and the federal response is going to get the most criticism or praise.

You've said it before, politics are local

Jan 5, 2021, 3:44 PM

The little state tyrants are the ones impacting peoples lives the most, why shouldn't they get the most blame? They've gotten their hands slapped by few in the media, but that's about it.

Aren't they?

Jan 5, 2021, 4:48 PM

McMaster has been getting hammered pretty hard overall, and I know school districts across the state are getting reamed no matter what they decide to do.

Okay, I'll take that. You won't admit to saying Trump

Jan 5, 2021, 11:47 AM [ in reply to He lost me with the testing. ]

caused it by being blase' about masks - and maybe you didn't, I don't know who did and who didn't, only that a lot did - but you're saying it was about testing? If testing had been better this virus would have been something less than a pandemic. And whatever lack of testing existed was his faut. Is that it?

I've never blamed the mask stuff on anyone but the CDC

Jan 5, 2021, 11:56 AM

the WHO, and the surgeon general, and Fauci, as he was the face of what we saw everyday. Because they flip flopped for several months on whether we need to wear masks or not. Personally, I'm still not sold they do much, but that's another story. And it turned out they lied to me about it too, because they were trying to save masks for front line personnel. Why not just say that?

But Trump did a pretty good job of politicizing the virus, saying it was a Dem hoax, insinuating that it was a mass conspiracy to make him and his economy look bad. He's still saying that.

That did more to sow the seeds of division for a contagious disease than anything did. Simply put, he put himself before the disease, and his followers did as well.

And yeah, I think had we had readily available testing, and a stern, continued, uniform warning from government, not as many people would be dead.

No problem. I was poking fun only a those who said Trump

Jan 5, 2021, 1:22 PM

caused a pandemic by being blase' about masks. And there were many. None to be seen now, it seems, now that someone else is there to talk about masks, which would now end the pandemic.

Sure, Trump politicized it. Right after he was called xenophobic for closing traffic from China. First he was xenophobic, then he was stupid about masks. And as you point out, the reaction was equally partisan. No question. The politicization of a virus is the most childishly adolescent thing a western 1st world country could do, and we did it. All in, baby. It was 'their' fault, was the official line. Both sides politicized it.

So, you and I are on common ground there, it seems. Why it irritates some that I poke fun at something that clearly happened ... well, they have to answer for that.

Re: No problem. I was poking fun only a those who said Trump

Jan 5, 2021, 2:15 PM

Why it irritates some that I poke fun at something that clearly happened ... well, they have to answer for that.

You weren't poking fun. You were doubling down on a ridiculous post while echoing the same absurd rhetoric we heard for the past year, such as the election would end COVID or, well, now apparently Biden's inauguration will. You repeatedly restated the OP question, which was sophomoric at best.

Now you're back pedaling. He failed as a leader during the pandemic, and you've tried futilely to defend him over it.

Okay, I'll take that. You won't admit to saying Trump

Jan 5, 2021, 11:54 AM [ in reply to He lost me with the testing. ]

caused it by being blase' about masks - and maybe you didn't, I don't know who did and who didn't, only that a lot did - but you're saying it was about testing? If testing had been better this virus would have been something less than a pandemic. And whatever lack of testing existed was his faut. Is that it?

People who said...

Jan 5, 2021, 7:53 AM [ in reply to C'mon man... quit rubbing our noses in it. All you guys that ]

That COVID would disappear after the election are the Todd Ellises of the non-sports world.

Do we remember who claimed that on here?

l0l!!84!!***

Jan 4, 2021, 5:20 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

How about this.

Jan 4, 2021, 5:24 PM

When Trump admits that he lost.

That sound fair?

Re: When does the Covid death count start for Biden?

Jan 4, 2021, 5:33 PM

Never. The mainstream press will coddle Sniffy Joe just like they did Hussein.

omg i hate when they make us victims like that!!!!***

Jan 4, 2021, 5:39 PM

I bet the counters go blank on MSNBC n CNN***

Jan 4, 2021, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: When does the Covid death count start for Biden? ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: I bet the counters go blank on MSNBC n CNN***

Jan 4, 2021, 9:47 PM

yup, and light up on Fox with an even bigger font.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 5:34 PM

C.

Jan 4, 2021, 6:52 PM

trump is done as a politician. Over. Done. Finished. Period.

and he knows this.

the only reason he's still talking trash and promoting conspiracy garbage is he hopes to remain somewhat relevant and keep up the fund raising. It's the most profitable business he's ever been in. Tough to go bankrupt when you got lots of idiots that will send you money. I assume many of his donors dont understand that he will be using the funds for his personal life, i.e. property, plane, jet fuel, legal defense, etc. Or maybe they know that and they are simply generous folks that want to share their hard earned money.

keep sending your money to trump and you will carry out his financial version of natural selection.

absolutely hilarious.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:04 PM

Biden said he could have prevented ~200,000 deaths, so if it has not already started, Jan 20th is a good date to start. What will Biden do on Jan 21st with hundreds of COVID deaths on his watch? Then on Jan 22nd? 23rd? He might kill himself like Epstein, wait...

Jan 4, 2021, 11:49 PM

clearly you lack a fundamental understanding of what a virus is.

but thats ok, keep sending money to donald so he can keep flying around the country holding rallys and conning suckers like you.

now that Biden is president you will see cases go

Jan 5, 2021, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Re: When does the Covid death count start for Biden? ]

down over the next few months. Just give him a little time to put his leadership into play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does this even mean?

Jan 5, 2021, 6:36 AM

The number of people dying from COVID is not applied to Presidents. It just is.

Re: What does this even mean?

Jan 5, 2021, 7:26 AM

It kind of is to an extent.

Never.

Jan 5, 2021, 2:16 PM

It will never be blamed on any American in my mind. It was the CCP who released it and imo, it's immoral to slander any American by making deaths their fault. I even argued Cuomo's plight. Imo, he had not idea what he was doing and fearing the overload of our medical facilities he did what he thought was best at the time.

He was just 'listening to the experts,' who have manipulated America for an entire year now. This was a crock of total ########.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic