Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What was the worst Christmas gift you received as a child?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 561

What was the worst Christmas gift you received as a child?

Dec 15, 2020, 3:20 PM

Mine was around 1983. My great aunt gave me a pair of pink leg warmers. My cousin and I just looked at each other, like "### is this!!" His were lime green. I don't know who had the ugliest pair. She made us put them on and parade around the house to see how they looked. She meant well, I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is going to sound like I grew up rich

Dec 15, 2020, 3:25 PM

spoiled brat, but we were far from it. my mom bought me a Sega Game Gear and that thing was TRASH. Probably like 1990/91. I am sure that she paid a mint for it back in the day. I played it a lot, but it was pure trash. Never told her and after a couple of years it went to my cousin, but Game Boy was far superior even though Game Gear was color.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was the worst Christmas gift you received as a child?

Dec 15, 2020, 3:25 PM

Some sort of lame clothing when I was a teenager. You get into an age where you don't want your parents picking out any clothes, but they still do for a bit and they are usually way off. I can't think of anything else. I was never that into getting gifts after I was a little kid. It's such a waste of money and I would have to return everything. Just give gift certificates or cash is how I feel if you feel like giving at all. Now I want nothing from anyone. Well maybe a good bottle of wine or something would be cool.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clothes, always clothes.

Dec 15, 2020, 3:57 PM

My 13 yo is at a stage where all he wants to wear are "gym" shorts (I guess that is what they're called), and t-shirts. I've tried to get him to wear some kind of casual pants, and he doesn't like jeans, so it's a struggle.

I ended up trying a Stitch Fix box for him, and he actually liked a lot of it, so that is my go-to now. When I consider that it ends up being about $15 per item, it's not too bad occasionally.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

handjob

Dec 15, 2020, 3:27 PM

from my great uncle.

Re: handjob

Dec 15, 2020, 3:28 PM

He was on a budget I take it.

no, he was on meth

Dec 15, 2020, 3:32 PM

but ok

At least he reached out

Dec 15, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to handjob ]

or around

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that what made him great?***

Dec 15, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to handjob ]

He was just like any other uncle before that morning.***

Dec 15, 2020, 4:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 561
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic