Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs O310 state snap totals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Clemson vs O310 state snap totals

Nov 17, 2019, 8:00 PM

How do they compare for the starters. I’m not sure we know how good Clemson can be, we haven’t seen 4 quarters much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs O310 state snap totals

Nov 17, 2019, 8:18 PM

I’m sure the info is available. I feel pretty confident they are very similar though. They play a ton of players too. Honestly, it’s the sec schools who don’t seem to as much. Fields, Dobbins, and Young all get yanked about the same time TL does every game.

Honestly, you're wrong. If it was NORMAL,

Nov 17, 2019, 8:28 PM

ESPN wouldn't make such a big deal out of it every time they broadcast a Clemson game. Going by your pulse, you're wrong alot.

Most teams hover around 50 players, including special teams.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:23 PM

Ohio state doesn't do a true curtain call like Clemson, a lot of times they'll put in a backup QB but still have starting WRs and Dobbins still in, Ohio State really enjoys leaving their starting defense in all game letting Young pin his ears back and blitz for 4 straight quarters.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:37 PM

Haven’t pulled a seasons worth of data, but Fields played one drive on the 3rd quarter, then their backup came in. Master Teague started the 3rd quarter at RB.

Conversely, TL and ETN were still in at 7:44 and 9:00 into the 3rd quarter respectively.

Pretty close like I said, but if anything we left out in longer. So what exactly is the point here?

Nov 17, 2019, 8:47 PM

How did 2-8 Rutgers put 3 td’s on that vaunted defense?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 9:52 PM

I don’t know man. Didn’t watch the game, and didn’t look into the injury report, who started, etc as I’m sure no one here did. I feel confident you can make any team look good or bad based on certain stats/facts.

It’s ok for another team to be good. Trust me man.

Nov 17, 2019, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs O310 state snap totals ]

Ohio State was up 49-7 with 10 minutes left in the third. They pulled all their starters and their backups had a blown coverage and a long drive given up. Ohio State does pull their starters really early. Clemson is not the only team to do that.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:25 PM

Well, that’s a trend you need to exceed 25 games of data to evaluate...

Tigers own buckeyebiatches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 10:01 PM

I've watched about 3 of the Buckeyes games this year and they've looked very good . In all phases they've rarely had any problems .
That spoken , they've beaten a single team that I think could be considered a good football team , Wisky .
In that game they were very lucky to lead at the half , but Wisconsin imploded out of the gate in the 3rd and the momentum never returned to their side of the field .
Ohio State is pretty good , but they can be had .
I think BV would shoot out the running game and make them a one-dimensional offense .
Their defense is solid , haven't seen much there to knock on . I think they're clearly as good as anyone we'll have played over the last 4 to 5 years . Day has done a tremendous job with them in his initial work as HC .
Can't wait for the CFBP ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 17, 2019, 10:10 PM

Dug, don’t be bringing any logic or reason to this conversation! Haha

I’m only interested in debating people to don’t watch any other football other than Clemson and assume they cannot be challenges in any game based on last years team. lol

Nov 18, 2019, 7:57 AM

You may think your posts are similar to TD's in giving respect to 0-31-0 St, but you're actually very different: you were playing Devil's advocate without enough supporting data. You finally got around to sharing 2 facts or observations over a thread several posts long. TD made the same point as you but more effectively in a single post by using fairminded observation.

He also made his observations and analysis without disparaging the OP who asked the question, which is what you did several times. When you imply that a question is stupid, or there is no basis for it, we all wonder why such a brilliant person who is not a Clemson fan has condescended to fixing the rest of us without answering the question with real knowledge. Hence, your low Pulse.

As i used to tell my bro-in-law when he was still in "those" years: if you're going to play Devil's advocate, expect everyone to treat you as an advocate for the Devil. You chose that role.

Speak supportingly sometimes, and save the disparaging tone for people who are willfully ignorant. (I promise you, you'll still get to use it.)

Just a few tips to help the Pulse # survive a little longer and make your time on Tigernet more positive for all.

Nov 17, 2019, 10:22 PM

Don't know that answer but every year I hear how great Ohio State is and they end up getting smoked by someone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 7:02 AM

First off, I’m pretty sure that’s only happened the last two years. Agreed they did get smoked , but I do think Iowa was at least ranked one of those years. Purdue was unacceptable.

Secondly, I agree. Not sure how good they are/can be. As the original poster was mentioning, I don’t know how good either of these teams can potentially be, because they do both pull starters and play a lot of guys.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic