Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson over Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,098

Clemson over Notre Dame

Sep 23, 2018, 8:25 AM

The gnashing of teeth over ND getting in the CFP over Clemson is laughable...of the laughter was canned. It's not...and ND isn't funny. They're a bore. Their coach is cut from the same bolt of 'misery cloth' as too many other coaches...you know, like at Bama...tOSU...and so forth.

If television eyeballs are a 'hidden agenda' line item for the CFP committee, then Clemson is always on the list until the Tigers simply can't be justified for inclusion. Swinney and Clemson make the game of college football fun. Other programs look like they're headed for a mass 'root canal'...but not Clemson.

Clemson is a breath of fresh air on the college landscape. Clemson represents what's so good about quality student athletes and a program that embraces the totality of the college experience...for everyone...not just the players. Too many other programs use the face of their coach as the their billboard...and it's not a pretty sight...not by a long stretch.

Differences matter...and Clemson makes a difference these days...and, hopefully, for many to come.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson over Notre Dame

Sep 23, 2018, 8:28 AM

Well stated +1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 8:48 AM

Based on what I have seen so far this season, Bama, tOSU, Clemson and ND would be the 4 participants in the CFP. I had Oklahoma ahead of ND until they struggled to beat the Cadets yesterday. I am not saying ND is better than UGA, Oklahoma, etc, but I think UGA and Oklahoma will lose a game and ND is possibly going to skate through undefeated and get thoroughly demolished by Bama in the semis.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:35 AM

ND loses one of the next two weekends. They will not escape this season without a loss because Brian Kelly.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson over Notre Dame ]

ND barley got past Michigan, Ball Sate, and Vandy. ND will catch a loss before the season is over.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 8:50 AM

If they are both undefeated, Notre Dame will get in over Clemson. They play a much tougher schedule this year. It’s not really debatable. But I think they would pick us over a second SEC team with at least one loss. Win and we are in, I think. 1 loss and we are out this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong without a Conf Championship

Sep 23, 2018, 10:30 AM

And 1 less game, the Domers won’t go. Absent the conf champ I could see risk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 9:56 AM

As a Clemson fan with a history of being a Notre Dame fan - there is zero chance ND gets in over Clemson. ND has a weaker schedule this year and no ACC championship game. If they go undefeated and we have 1 loss than they make it. I’m hoping for LSU, Clemson, PAC12, and ND making the playoff

Sep 23, 2018, 10:37 AM

ND has a much tougher schedule than us. They play three ranked teams (assuming VT stays in but that’s a big IF) in the first 6 games. However, they will not be undefeated at year end.

Would love Notre Dame to come in #5 and the narrative be

Sep 23, 2018, 10:36 AM

That they didn’t make top 4 bc the didn’t play a conference game. I want their decision to not fully join the conference come back and bite them.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:46 AM

And I would be fine if we don’t make the playoffs at 12-1 because of everything you state above too. This version of Clemson entertains me and I love the kind of people they bring in and turn out of the program.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,098
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic