Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is the big winner.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,018

Clemson is the big winner.

Dec 20, 2020, 12:36 PM

Of all the scenarios the committee could have picked, this one is the best for Clemson.

Ohio State is the team I would rather face in the semis than any other possibility: aTm, OK, Cincy, Florida, whoever.

I'm not even sure Fields will be playing in the game. And, if he is, how healed will his thumb be?

As for the other side of the bracket, Bama has a tougher semi than Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is the big winner.

Dec 20, 2020, 12:55 PM

That doesn't make sense. Bama has far superior athletes than ND and they are experienced as a whole. Clemson dominated ND with a pretty young team. Bama will beat ND by 30. Ohio St and Clemson will be a fight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bama Will Give Up Points to ND

Dec 20, 2020, 12:57 PM

ND's defense far superior to Gheytorz. Bama by 13

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is the big winner. ]

I think Clemson has a better defense than bama. If I was notre dame I would play bama like VT played us. Run, run, and run some more. Use there big offensive line. Burn clock and keep the ball out of bamas hand. I don’t think they can win but I hope they keep it close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 1:01 PM

OSU will use that against Clemson. Sermon is a beast.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 20, 2020, 2:09 PM

Up untill the Northwestern game Sermon only averaged 60 yards a game. He had just as many rushing yards in that game as the season. He's good but not a beast.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:10 PM

Yeah he was running over essentially 8 DBs too.

Although bama will likely beat ND it would not surprise

Dec 20, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is the big winner. ]

me if ND wins. If they play like they did in our loss to them I can see them beating little Nicky.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 1:05 PM

I think we exposed ND. As we knew, shut down Book and it’s over.

I like the chance to pound OSU, but would have liked it better if they got left out and we played ATm.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 1:34 PM

Yeah just shut him down that’s all you have to do!

Rolls my eyes

Knowing what to do and being able to do it, having the players to do it, having those players have the discipline to do it, are totally different things!

Dec 20, 2020, 1:11 PM

Explanation of my original post. Nobody knows until the game is played, but I think Bama would beat Ohio State even worse than it will beat ND.

But, given the fact that Clemson wasn't going to play ND in the semis, I think Ohio State is a preferred opponent over aTm or Oklahoma or anybody else Clemson could be matched up against.

Ohio State did not look good at all against NW.

Dec 20, 2020, 1:18 PM

Please elaborate. I’m not following your logic.

Texas A&M is grossly overrated. They beat a Florida team that is super erratic and inconsistent and an Auburn that is 6-5 and lost to South Carolina and fired Gus.

Florida has no defense and is incredibly schizophrenic as evidenced by losses to Texas A&M and LSU. Neither of which is very good.

Oklahoma as usual has no defense and their offense has looked better lately but the big 12 doesn’t play defense.

Cincinnati is a good story but everyone in the playoffs would beat them pretty handily.

There really are only two good teams this year. Alabama and Clemson. And Alabama has played crappy defense all year.

Ohio State has been less than impressive despite them thinking their wins against Northwestern and Indiana are something special. Because they are not! Fields has been playing himself down in the draft this year! He may still get drafted second behind Trevor Lawrence but I think that guy is over rated as an NFL prospect.

I don’t think anyone is playing nearly as well as Clemson right now. Clemson looks to be the most complete team in the country.

And for what it’s worth I usually downplay Clemson but happily they keep proving me wrong!

Bama kills ND. Clemson-buknuts will be a war.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:15 PM

Don't see any way ND wins. I believe Clemson will win, but the two teams are very close talent-wise. We need to hold onto the ball and we should be OK, but that's why you play them!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic