Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is changing the way recruiting is done.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,718

Clemson is changing the way recruiting is done.

Feb 5, 2020, 10:52 AM

With the early signing period in place, we're able to fill an entire class while the other schools chase these entitled drama queens into February. We take kids who understand what the word "commitment" means, and I know this character trait will serve them well in football and in life.
By the way, will Burch's mom be co-signing with him today?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is changing the way recruiting is done.

Feb 5, 2020, 10:58 AM

Burch is coot bound and played the recruiting game to the hilt. Not a Clemson game. His game is the "I" game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2020, 11:13 AM

I see comments like this and I disagree.

I don't know anything about Burch...and neither do most other people, because he has not put himself in the spotlight. He's been very, very quiet on social media and not done interviews.

I don't hold it against him that he may be torn between his "hometown" team and the reigning national champs. LSU has come after him hard. He hasn't tooted his horn over that. I just don't get these claims that he's all about the drama.

I also think its going to take him a few years to make in impact due to the necessary adjustment from the level of competition he's accustomed to playing against. And, his quiet nature actually makes me wonder if he has the mindset and personality required to play D at the highest level. We'll see.

Feb 5, 2020, 11:05 AM

sort of like a student who works all month writing a paper for class and is done before hand compared to a student who waits to the last minute. Clemson is working on other things and other schools are scrambling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the early signing period...

Feb 5, 2020, 11:07 AM

I think it's stupid to make a kid wait if he is sure of where he wants to go. But the early signing period helps all the top programs. It really hurts the teams who change coaches because they don't have until February to get their "recruiting" house in order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Clemson's ability to find these highly talented

Feb 5, 2020, 11:18 AM

kids who understand that they're just one part of a bigger, common goal is what is setting them apart in recruiting. What do you think Burch's attitude will be in Columbia when he gets on campus? I don't want to unfairly assume anything about the kid, but my guess is that he will feel like he's the man before he ever plays in his first game. I'm sure Muschamp has basically guaranteed him playing time and told him how great he is.

in all honesty...

Feb 5, 2020, 11:32 AM

and not meaning to be snarky, I don't care. If that's what he wants, I hope he does well.

I can't stand SCar, but as long as they lose the last weekend in November, they can win every game for all I care. I think Muschamp ia a terrible coach. Still can't figure out that hire.

Further, Clemson is not for everybody and everybody is not for Clemson. Our staff has become extremely selective in whom they offer. Not everybody who wants to come to Clemson can come. We only have room for 25 or less every year. That's out of thousands of kids.

In a rare moment of being serious, I'm not going to ridicule a kid who signs with another team. Every young man has their own criteria for what they are looking for.

Message was edited by: franc1968®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I absolutely love the way we are recruiting right now. Dabo

Feb 5, 2020, 12:05 PM

has fulfilled his vision of making Clemson the school that OTHER schools try to model themselves after.

The only ironic downside to our recruiting is something that we unfortunately will have no control over. Because our recruiting class is nearly all committed in the early signing period, we will never get the #1 recruiting ranking at the end. This is because the services "rerank" or "regrade" so that unsigned recruits are at or near the top. So, our class ranking drops, even though the players haven't played any subsequent games in many cases. This year is the prime example. I have a VERY hard time believing that any school has a better class than us this year, but according to the services, there are at least two that now do. I'll happily roll with who we got, and see how those results play out on the field in the coming years. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang..what did these recruits ever do to you?***

Feb 5, 2020, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,718
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic