Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson game day traffic improvement suggestion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Clemson game day traffic improvement suggestion

Sep 14, 2015, 10:09 AM

Since it's now obvious that traffic going into the game is going to be worse this year than in the past, I wanted to take a second to share an observation I had that would greatly help the flow of traffic.

I noticed that about every 3rd or 4th vehicle in line was driven by an assshole who would not let others merge in front of them. I was brought up under the system where each car lets another car in, and both lines flow relatively well. However, I encountered a couple of these dickheads, one of the worst being a guy in a minivan who adamantly refused to let anyone in, then about had an accident himself when he attempted to cut a large pickup off. Even rolling down our windows and booing him incessantly as we sat behind him did not phase the guy.

My suggestion to remedy this situation, is to A: Allow vigilante justice, so that we can freely drag these people out of their vehicles and beat them savagely or B: Hire local "undesirables" to roam the traffic lines, dragging these people out of their vehicles and beating them savagely.

Let's start faxing the AD department about this today, we've got three weeks to get the ball rolling on this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lakebum has finally found me a job I can enjoy.

Sep 14, 2015, 10:11 AM

This needs to happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or you could just get to the parking lot early***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I simply will not leave the house before 8:30 on weekends***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would you?

Sep 14, 2015, 10:39 AM

You live 8 minutes away. 88 minutes in game day traffic.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should fire all the cops directing traffic this year.....

Sep 14, 2015, 10:17 AM

It would save a lot of $$$ and it sure couldn't make traffic worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It might help if they actually directed traffic instead of

Sep 14, 2015, 10:19 AM

Sitting in their patrol cars socializing.

Buddy of mine texted me all pissed off that the outbound

Sep 14, 2015, 10:21 AM [ in reply to We should fire all the cops directing traffic this year..... ]

traffic on 93 now goes down to one lane leaving town. You gotta be ####ing me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know anything about that, there isn't any

Sep 14, 2015, 10:29 AM

traffic when I leave. What I can say, is that you don't really have any idea if the lane you're in is the lane you need to be in. I'll know for next time, but there was a lot of "oh ####, I gotta get over" this past weekend. Of course, once you actually get in the vicinity of the lots, the traffic isn't that bad.

They honestly need to look at making Cherry Rd. 4 lanes, and putting a light at the 3 way stop. Even during non-football times, traffic gets backed up at that 3 way stop pretty bad.

^^^THIS^^^

Sep 14, 2015, 10:40 AM

I worry more about Sunday morning church traffic when I end up at your tailgate after games.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They could pay UDPs to hand plan B***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:23 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I rolled into Clemson about 7:15am. (I was a little late)

Sep 14, 2015, 10:29 AM

There was a little traffic, but it was manageable. Greenville to Lot2A in 45 minutes. The drive home was similar. I woke up at 5am Sunday and drove home. Clemson to Greenville in 40 minutes. Sounds to me like you need to adjust your schedule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't mind sitting in a little bit of traffic

Sep 14, 2015, 10:35 AM

What I do mind is people disrupting the flow of traffic because they want to be an assshole. Which is what I was trying to convey to minivan man, he probably embarrassed his whole family for what? Just to be one car ahead of me? He could have saved himself, and his children a lot of booing. What do you think his little kids thought about a truckload of people booing them?

They were thinking that you were the

Sep 14, 2015, 10:37 AM

as#####. They were probably wrong, but that is what they were thinking.

I think they knew they were the asssholes

Sep 14, 2015, 10:45 AM

When you #### one person off, they may be the assshole, when you #### 1/4 of the traffic line off, you're the assshole.

You stayed in lot 2 until 5:00 AM?***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I rolled into Clemson about 7:15am. (I was a little late) ]

No. Moved from lot2 to a friends house on Folger

Sep 14, 2015, 10:45 AM

after the tailgate. Hit the bars for a while.

Ahh. That sounds enjoyable***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:46 AM

I am a 17 year veteran of legally driving and I am normally

Sep 14, 2015, 10:46 AM

pretty good about letting people in, especially in gameday traffic situations. But one important aspect in driving has seemed to gone away in the last 10-15 years, and that is the thank you wave. I have started to let less people merge in front of me because thank you waves have become less frequent.

I am all for pulling people out of their vehicles and beating them for not letting others in, but the same punishment needs to apply to greedy assmunchers who refuse warranted thank you waves. I equate it to the cover-up cough whilst dropping loads on the commode, it's just common courtesy.

Agree completely, and I do agree...

Sep 14, 2015, 10:52 AM

However, these days it can be a bit of a tough call, because sometimes you have to force your way in. Some of these people aren't doing you a courtesy, you just have a bigger vehicle and they didn't have a choice.

So then you give them the sarcastic thank you wave.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:00 AM

No back and forth motion, just kind of a single wrist snap.

I don't mind letting people in but don't come flying by me

Sep 14, 2015, 11:20 AM

in the other lane and expect that to happen when you know dayum good and well you need to move over.

Is that considered a short cut?

Sep 14, 2015, 11:24 AM

GET IT? SHORT CUT????? CAUSE THEY CUT YOU OFF?

I'm talking about situations where people are trying to

Sep 14, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to I don't mind letting people in but don't come flying by me ]

merge onto Cherry from the little road that runs by the fresh market. The proper protocol is you let one vehicle in.

Re: Clemson game day traffic improvement suggestion

Sep 14, 2015, 11:25 AM

Are we allowed to run over the people that are pulled out and beaten? Otherwise, traffic will slow up even more.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic