Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC is looking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,242

ACC is looking

May 12, 2012, 9:31 PM

Very sick right now and yes will die in football in the eyes of the media if the only media darling (FSU) in the ACC leaves. I was against a big 12 move but with the recent revelations about 3rd tier contracts and FSUs BOT agitation. Clemson needs to pick up the phone call FSU and make a pact to stick together. If Phillips doesnt leave with FSU at the sametime some other school will take Clemsons spot. Now btw FSUs football coach is pro big 12 and he and the BOT will pressure their AD to pickup the phone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: ACC is looking

May 12, 2012, 9:32 PM

very good post! agree

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately this isnt TDP's call and it will come down

May 12, 2012, 9:51 PM

to the BOT and Barker but i'm afraid their hangup on academic status and public top 20 will keep us in the ACC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not if the football fans ban together.

May 12, 2012, 9:53 PM

Truth, football rule and those guys know it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans will never stop buying season tickets

May 12, 2012, 9:57 PM

in an effort to protest though. We may seem angry about staying in the ACC but as long as we continue to pour money into athletics, nobody will hear our belly aching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our conference affiliation has no bearing what so ever on

May 12, 2012, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately this isnt TDP's call and it will come down ]

whether we're top-20 or not. But Im afraid Barker will want to be part of a conference that values academics. As long as we continue to value academics, who cares what the other schools in our conference do? Im with you, I think that the BOT and Barker will hault any move to another conference.

A conference that VALUED academics. 4 schools supported

May 12, 2012, 10:23 PM

UNC in the recent vote that would have fined them an additional 100,000. I don't know who the four were, but I assume Duke,Virginia,Wake, and ?.

Re: Our conference affiliation has no bearing what so ever on

May 12, 2012, 10:16 PM

While i agree with what your saying it still annoys me that "academics" is the excuse to be mediocre. Stanford is one of the most prestigious academic institutions and they are investing into football, USC is no slouch in academics, There are plenty of schools that are good academic institutions that are in other conferences that are very good football teams. I dont get how people act like basketball conferences are supposed to be higher academic institutions then "football schools"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Our conference affiliation has no bearing what so ever on

May 12, 2012, 10:42 PM

You can talk/preach until you turn as purple as our uniforms. And the Clemson people that don't care about sports won't hear you. And they don't give a Rats A$$ about how or what swofford does to screw Clemson over in sports. It also doesn't matter to them how academically successful other schools are with great sports. They don't think that Clemson's academics and sports should be ever mention in the same sentence. And they would prefer that it never gets mention. To them, successful academics AND sports, is a dirty fowl mentioning....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then they shouldn't care what ATHLETIC conference we....

May 12, 2012, 11:06 PM

are in!!!

Re: ACC is looking

May 12, 2012, 10:36 PM

I think if FSU leaves and Clemson doesn't...it could put Clemson behind the 8-ball. As many as you have stated...Clemson will always makes money..but how far behind will they be when it comes to other schools in the SEC, Big 12, PAC 12, and B1G? Eventually I think it can come back and hurt them in the long run.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU, Clemson and GT should bolt together***

May 12, 2012, 10:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU, Clemson and GT should bolt together***

May 12, 2012, 11:01 PM

I don't really care much about what FSU and GT does b;c my heart is in Clemson. I personly believe what swofford done with selling out our rights to market our FB program was intentional. He hates Clemson enough to hurts us financially. UNCheat and Puke willmake tons more than us marketing their BB over us. swofford was smiling signing that contract knowing what he was doing. He would have thrown Puke under the bus if he could have. But he figired cutting the guts out of the other Ten schools was as good as he could do. Oh how I hate that dirty self made S O B!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic