Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson fans on the fence need to buy now..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Clemson fans on the fence need to buy now..

Jan 4, 2020, 6:27 PM

LSU is obviously buying the rest of the stadium and starting to buy Iptay members sections....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson fans on the fence need to buy now..

Jan 4, 2020, 6:33 PM

Since I was told that big money donors don’t care about ordering extra tickets and selling them for a profit, I’m SHOCKED at all the Clemson section tickets on StubHub listed for thousands of dollars. I’m sure they really didn’t order up to 14 tickets to sell extras but were suddenly just hit with some unavoidable conflict that prevents them from going. Sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's one thing to be eligible to buy 14 tickets..

Jan 4, 2020, 6:37 PM

Yet another to think they're likely to be purchased. At a minimum, ask what quantity they want to reserve for 'potential' purchase, then roll the remainder to other IPTAY members who were passed by initially.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's one thing to be eligible to buy 14 tickets..

Jan 4, 2020, 6:47 PM

I'm asking because I really hadn't heard about this...were there IPTAY members that requested tickets that didn't get them?

Jan 4, 2020, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans on the fence need to buy now.. ]

Iptay members who don't use their tickets should have to sell them back to Iptay at face value or at least to other Iptay members at face value.

Jan 4, 2020, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans on the fence need to buy now.. ]

I bought tickets from a Clemson donor who had 8 tickets for 2016...Me and my friends bought them all....I tried to buy them for Tampa...He decided to sell them to a ticket broker rather than me and my friends again...I could believe it, he rather get 1 check from a broker than 4 checks from alumni and Clemson fans....blew me away...

Jan 4, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans on the fence need to buy now.. ]

It’s simple supply and demand economics and I’m pretty sure that a big donor has given more than enough to be eligible for more than I am. Furthermore, you’re not hurting a big donors feelings. They are just watching the market and will get what’s fair when it’s said and done.

Jan 4, 2020, 6:35 PM

If they get down to about $500 I'm in. Beyond that, dabo will have to give a poor white boy a loan

Sadly, these games aren’t expressly for the school’s fans but for the big wheels & locals who..

Jan 4, 2020, 6:41 PM

get special treatment for opening their wallets & Supporting the Chamber of Commerce or being a supporter of the Bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans on the fence need to buy now.. ]

my IPTAY tix at face are $575... you planning on nose bleeds?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not going to use savings to buy football tickets.

Jan 4, 2020, 6:44 PM

$2,200.00 for a pair of tickets is ridiculous!!! Total weekend I’d spend 5k, I’ll save that for 10 days in the Caribbean.

Re: I’m not going to use savings to buy football tickets.

Jan 5, 2020, 12:21 PM

Caribbean will always be there and exactly the same.

Clemson Natty in New Orleans, sounds like something to remember. These days are limited.

Re: I’m not going to use savings to buy football tickets.

Jan 5, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I’m not going to use savings to buy football tickets. ]

For 2 people at 10 days in the Caribbean, you can get out for well under 5 grand. Go somewhere under the radar, and spend a little over 2 grand. Then you can take a budget trip just for the game and do both.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic