Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson and SC rivalry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Clemson and SC rivalry

Oct 29, 2015, 8:32 AM

Like most of you, I'm a die hard tiger fan and hate the idea of losing to SC. Id love to see us blow them out every year if possible. Not to mention, the bigger the blowout the better. But what I don't understand is the constant talk about them. I never have.

Except for when we play them, I honestly rarely give them much thought. When I meet people with Carolina hats or shirts, I just say hi and move on. I don't feel any desire to insult them. I could care less who they pull for.

I love college football and basketball. I pull hard for the Tigers and want them to win every game, but I don't feel a need to constantly insult our neighbors because of their college preference. I just never got that. I mean sure, I might pick or nudge a friend of mine from time to time who likes Carolina but even then, I'm classy about it. They know it's all in good fun and with a good nature.

Some people are just down right hateful about it. As if they are your mortal enemy or something. I don't see that. We are all people and many of us are family and friends. Good fun is always welcome, but some people go too far. When a simple rivalry turns to hate, that's when I think it's time to step back and reevaluate . I know a lot of fine people who are SC fans.

Rivalries are fun but treating people kindly is more important . Some people let passion go too far.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson and SC rivalry

Oct 29, 2015, 8:34 AM

You can treat them kindly all you want. I prefer to not associate with them.

Oct 29, 2015, 8:35 AM

I talk down about them because there losers and it makes me feel good and is hilarious lol

You would probably feel even better ....

Oct 29, 2015, 9:56 AM

...when you are able to distinguish "they're" from "there". It is not difficult and it will make you appear to be a better person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You would probably feel even better ....

Oct 29, 2015, 1:10 PM

I disagree

choosing between Clemson and USuCk is an intelligence and character test.

Oct 29, 2015, 8:38 AM

they have chosen poorly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: choosing between Clemson and USuCk is an intelligence and character test.

Oct 29, 2015, 8:54 AM

my favorite of the Indiana Jones movies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

group hug

Oct 29, 2015, 8:39 AM

sniff sniff

I'm with you, RH Tig

Oct 29, 2015, 12:04 PM

I grew up in Rock Hill. While there are a lot of good Tigers living there, Rock Hill is a Carolina town. If you grew up catching constant flak (win or lose), you would never pull for the Cluckers. The greater their misery, the happier I am.

I don't talk smack, but I do smile! Praise the Lord, our Tigers usually come out on top.

Let me tell you a thing or two

Oct 29, 2015, 8:42 AM

These are noble words and I used to be a pretty good sport about USuCk. But I've had close friends that are USuCk fans curse me at losses and I've had close friends grind their wins in my face, so I'm just going to tell you.

I hope they lose every game they play and the dumpster fire continues to flame. They do not know how to "win with class" and they certainly don't know how to "lose with class"

I never confront them or put it in their face, because I'm not that way but in my heart please don't make any mistake about how I feel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you nailed with "they don't know how to win with class".....

Oct 29, 2015, 9:16 AM

prime example

during "5 in a row" all you saw was gamecocks on social media and radio completely BASHING all things clemson while reveling in their success......not a gamecock football win went by w/o their fans throwing jabs at clemson fans........and there were MANY

NOW the shoe is on the other foot

the amount of clemson fans on social media/radio "bashing" South carolina in the midst of OUR success is miniscule compared to the way their fanbase handled their "success"

I'm the same as in it's not in my nature to "start things"......and i don't intend to....... but it's tough not to say something after those 5 years

Re: Let me tell you a thing or two

Oct 29, 2015, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Let me tell you a thing or two ]

Ditto

My view is ever so slightly different.

Oct 29, 2015, 8:42 AM

I don't think they are worth the time it took to read your post. Other than that, we fully agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they lose every athletic endeavor they attempt

Oct 29, 2015, 8:49 AM

But I am close to too many of them, both personally and professionally, to hold hatred towards a person simply because of the school they support. Granted, I'll laugh at the ones flying window flags in July and do my best "Caaaaaawwwwwks!" impression.

However, when they take the field, court, whatever, I hope they fail miserably. And part of that is that their hatred for us is far, far worse than most Clemson fan's hatred towards them. As you said, I think a lot of our fans sort of shrug our shoulders at them or laugh at em. Their fanbase, however, seems to have a pure, fiery white hatred for us. This is evident on message boards, radio call-in shows, how they act towards strangers in public, and behavior at Willy B.

They have a lot of good folks who support their teams, but the ones who aren't good people seem to be the worst of the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I hope they lose every athletic endeavor they attempt

Oct 29, 2015, 1:19 PM

This 100%.

Post of the day

Oct 29, 2015, 8:50 AM

Amen brother.

I don't understand the hatred/obsession with our rival either. Like you, I rarely think about them, and could care less what they have to say. I never bring up the subject of football around any of their fans because again, I don't care what they think. When they engage me in conversation I typically keep it short, but polite (and am laughing hysterically inside).

When you own your rival its easy. We both know what they score is. Most South Carolina fans are great people once you get past the delusions they hold about their team.

Great post, well put.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post of the day

Oct 29, 2015, 9:49 AM

Agreed. There's simply no need for the combative rhetoric that dominates both of these schools' most popular forums. As OP notes, there's a line to be drawn between light-hearted banter among rivals and most of the posters on either board operate below it. So it goes.

Oct 29, 2015, 8:50 AM

sounds like you are a model citizen to represent Clemson Basketball and Football. I try to be and enjoy talking with some usuc fans just the same without out the needling unless they get under my skin with it. However, I also include Clemson Baseball, Volleyball, Golf, Rowing, etc. I'm 100% Clemson University and all it's sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story, bro

Oct 29, 2015, 8:57 AM

I'll say this. When Clemson is doing well, I keep my mouth shut around SCar fans. I don't talk football unless they seem interested in talking football. And even then I'm nice about it...I don't ever try to bash a fan's team to his/her face. And I know lots of SCar fans who are the same way.

But I also know several SCar fans--including friends, coworkers, family members, and kids--who go out of their way to find me and brag when their team wins or when our team loses--most of all when we lose to SCar. They make it a *point* to come over and say something provocative. So screw them, and screw SCar. It makes me happy when they lose; I hope they lose every single game in every single sport/competition they ever play. I enjoy seeing them choke against teams they should beat, and throw away games they were in control of. I enjoy seeing their fans wallow in misery. I love watching them trying to defend their piece-of-crap former coach. I love to watch them stumble to find excuses for their program's free-fall.

Does that mean I'll ever be impolite, much less provocative or mean-spirited, to their fans? Never....unless provoked. And too many of their fans revel in that provocation because so much of the time, it's all they've got to hang their hats on.

Living in NE Columbia,

Oct 29, 2015, 9:10 AM

my experience is similar to yours. I would never say the things their fans have said to me and posted on Facebook. Classless is one way to describe it, but I think it also speaks to their overall historical level of misery. To be named THE University of (name any state) sets a certain expectation, and it is one they have never fully realized. So even in victory, their misery comes through, particularly towards the "other" school which continually outclasses them in every measure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: Living in NE Columbia,

Oct 29, 2015, 10:07 AM

Until you live in the Midlands and are buried under coverage of the chickens no other Tiger fan can fully understand their dislike of Clemson in their historical legacy as losers nor can Clemson followers truly appreciate why they are so high and mighty when they win against us. Having lived thru 0-5 was not easy, but Dabo and team really need to be fully ready for their miserable behavior next month because beating Clemson is all they will have as a measure of success for the next 364 days!

No new coach can readily solve their problems and their fans know it. Just like we don't bring up basketball around the real Carolina fans, USuck fans clearly recognize their programs beyond baseball and women's basketball aren't worth discussing for very long as they have absolutely no history or traditions outside of their checkered past.

Go Tigers!

Re: Living in NE Columbia,

Oct 29, 2015, 10:38 AM

Truth.

I lived in Cootville for 8 years after graduating from Clemson in '95, and worked in the shadow of The Roach for 4 years on Key Rd. Living in that cesspool will give you an appreciation for how many of their fans, as far as "decent people" go, aren't worth the oxygen they steal from others.

I have friends and family members who are Coot supporters and alums, and don't think any less of them for it. We talk sports and treat each other as adults. Then again, I also have coot friends who went out of their way to be obnoxious trash during their "streak." They are given the respect they deserve. One girl (whom I dated briefly in HS and was friends with afterwards) is a major psychotic coot fan, herself barely having escaped high school and after about 4 years later managed to complete a 2 year degree from a local tech college. Never set foot on Coot-U campus except to go to the Roach for a football game. For years she bombarded FB with trash talk about "Clemtech," "Pickens Tech," "ClemSux," "Moo U," etc. About what a poor school CU is in her opinion. Apparently my comments about how there are a lot of USC diplomas on the walls of folks who would never been accepted to Clemson, and how she is maybe qualified to get a janitorial position on Clemson's campus, possibly foodservice (no disrespect intended to janitorial or foodservice workers, of course) if she really polishes up that resume.... and if Dabo really is "as stupid" as she says he is, it's his SEC education showing, but I doubt he is given his relative success, and the fact his paycheck in one year would exceed her anticipated lifetime earnings......... I haven't heard a lot from her since. LOL. It sucks when you have to nuke someone to get them to shut up their vitriol and hate. You can only listen to it for so many years. Some people are better off not being among the group that you count as "friends."

I wouldn't waste the time to pi$$ on them if they were on fire***

Oct 29, 2015, 8:59 AM

Of course, maybe that's just me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re That i a pretty well shared opinion***

Oct 29, 2015, 9:26 AM

Oct 29, 2015, 9:02 AM

Lou Holtz was a great coach in that he taught their fans to treat Clemson fans with dignity and respect - or maybe it was all the lose that quieted them down. Living in Columbia was much easier during 0-20. They've been loud and obnoxious lately which is probably why you're seeing all the hated on the boreds. I don't know how you've avoided this kind of coot but you'd understand the passion against them if you were forced to deal with them on a regular basis. However, coots are miraculously getting quieter these days so you'll likely see less hatred here as well.

Yours is the attitude of the majority.

Oct 29, 2015, 9:04 AM

It's just on the internet, it goes the other way a lot of times. People like to be big and bad online.

Just because you say it's so doesn't mean it's so..

Oct 29, 2015, 9:28 AM

Based on the "majority" of people I know who don't do the internet thing... they too would love to see the coots lose every game...

the difference in what I see from my experiences in everyday interactions is that I see a strong difference in the way gamecluck fans treat Clemson fans and the way Clemson fans treat gamecluck fans...and this is not due to any orange sunglasses.

that is all I have to go on and the way I base my opinions... deep down the Clemson brethren want losses for the gameclucks... for the most part,we just don't put it in your face the same way you do ours...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I have never had a negative interaction

Oct 29, 2015, 10:18 AM

in real life with anyone because of what sports teams they like.

Re: Personally, I have never had a negative interaction

Oct 29, 2015, 10:21 AM

You sir sound honest and intelligent. I admire that.

Oct 29, 2015, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Personally, I have never had a negative interaction ]

didn't say it couldn't happen. and you are very fortunate.

Oct 29, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Personally, I have never had a negative interaction ]

My experience is that about 98% of the folks out there are exactly as you describe, and realize it's just a game. It's the other 2% that don't.........

I unfortunately have encountered some of that 2%.

Obviously you've never been to a Georgia game.

Oct 29, 2015, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Personally, I have never had a negative interaction ]

Wearing your Coot colors.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I agree and do the same. The sc fans are the ones that are

Oct 29, 2015, 9:05 AM

so jealous of us and really do despise us because we are and have everything they want but will never get. It is when we sink to their level that the problems occur. We are different than them and cannot let them drag us down into the gutter with them.

I am kind to them IF them clean my car windows properly

Oct 29, 2015, 9:05 AM

after filling up the tank. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I am kind to them IF them clean my car windows properly

Oct 29, 2015, 9:06 AM

Lol you are a mess hunt.

Oct 29, 2015, 9:06 AM

This is great, but when I see them in their ugly shirts and hats, I think "####, that is an ugly shirt and hat. Thank the Lord I wasn't born into that."

Oct 29, 2015, 9:23 AM

photo DrunkSpurrier_zps51ebc46f.jpg

It means is our way of life is right & God's a Tiger

Oct 29, 2015, 9:23 AM

That's all. Don't see what all the fuss is about.

It used to be that the.......

Oct 29, 2015, 9:29 AM

highlight of our season was our game with Carolina (since we weren't winning the ACC or going to a bowl). But our goals and abilities have moved past just beating them to now to being a real national contender.

I understand what you mean in that I'm looking past that game to what we're going to do in the postseason. Beating them isn't the main achievement for the season like it used to be.

Oh please...

Oct 29, 2015, 9:30 AM

I live less than 2 miles from Williams Brice Stadium and I promise you that you wouldn't have all the warm and fuzzy feelings that you have for SC fans if you had to live among them. The 5 years that they beat us were like torture to any Clemson fan who had to live in Columbia because it was in your face 24/7. At my job, I am outnumbered about 1000/50. I am not making that up, it is a fact, so to say I have enjoyed Clemson's meteoric rise and their resounding failure is an understatement. I never, ever, ever said a word about Clemson's domination over them in the pre Spurrier era, but they will track me down to rub a victory in my face and when we lost that Orange Bowl, oh my God, you would have thought they won the lottery, so you can hug them and love them and tell them they are special all you want, as for me, I will just sit and watch their program burn in the dumpster! Marshmallows anyone???

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Marshmallow here....

Oct 29, 2015, 1:18 PM

Doo Doo Ice smell on marshmallows?????

Oct 29, 2015, 9:33 AM

Arguing with USCe fans is like wrasslin a pig, you both get dirty but the pig likes it.

I prefer the smile and walk away approach

Thanks for joining 4 days ago...

Oct 29, 2015, 9:39 AM

You must have never lived within 50 miles of Columbia, SC or you would have a better appreciation for the bitterness and jealous nature that is emitted from that place towards the orange Upstate. Or had a delusional Gamecock fan crow for hours over a 4-star commit that ends up never stepping on their campus. Or endured Thanksgiving dinner with an Uncle that wears a SC sweatshirt and invites the dad of the current SC quarterback to eat with the family and talks about Gamecock football the entire time while you were respectful the previous 35 Thanksgivings and didn't wear your Clemson shirt to rub in their loss. This isn't to mention all of the political history between the two schools. So, yes, I am humble when Clemson wins to show respect and how a fan is supposed to act, but I do enjoy watching SC lose a sporting event, especially football.

"I'm a die-hard Tiger fan........." (you posted)

Oct 29, 2015, 9:40 AM

and it upsets you that other Tiger fans dislike usuck and their fans??

I think you need to re-examine that first statement.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a story of my FIRST-HAND experience ...

Oct 29, 2015, 9:58 AM

After graduating Clemson, I went to grad school at SCAR and being young and silly, I made a point of wearing my Clemson T-shirt to class and around campus in general. I was kind of passively "in your face" about it. I expected someone to say something at some point, but a strange thing happened ...

In the entire time, I never got a single bit of flack from anyone ... ever.

I met and befriended lots of other students. We talked about the rivalry and the upcoming game, and gave each other good-natured jabs about the pending outcome, but never any angry confrontations.

There was no internet back then, and honestly, it was strange when I compare it with the daily hate-filled back and forth we see on T-Net and on FGF.

Because of my extensive first hand, face-to-face experience, I am convinced that most of the current antagonism comes from the anonymity of the internet. Being able to say what you want to behind a keyboard encourages an aggression that would not naturally occur in person.

But, taken a step further ... the ill-will brought about by anonymous "fans" spewing bile over the web, begins to negatively influence the attitude of people once they come in contact with each other in public.

You drive down the road and see that Tiger Paw or SCAR decal on the rear window of the car next to you and you subconsciously think ... that's the guy I had the internet fight with last night.

Whenever I'm tempted to get into a cyber confrontation with a SCAR fan ... or any other rival fan, I take a deep breath and remember what it was like back in the days when the only opportunity you had to have a heated argument was to say things to someone's face.

It helps to put things back into perspective.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the extreme rudness I have ever experienced has come

Oct 29, 2015, 10:16 AM

in person, randomly from strangers and more disturbing from friends. I can tell you that at least from the friends, not a one knows what a FGF is or a tigernet.

about a year ago I was over at a close friends home, she proudly had the picture of Spurlid spanking Dabo displayed for me... classy but just one example, I could write a book

Message was edited by: dw1959®

Message was edited by: dw1959®

We have had differing first-hand experiences for sure.

Oct 29, 2015, 10:46 AM

My brother in law's whole family are huge SCAR fans ... but we've always managed to keep it civil.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a story of my FIRST-HAND experience ...

Oct 29, 2015, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Here's a story of my FIRST-HAND experience ... ]

Apex, reading of your personal experiences only reinforces my belief that the vast majority (if not the entirety) of the hateful vitriol from Coots on the internet and elsewhere comes from "fans" who never set foot on their campus with a textbook in hand.

Oct 29, 2015, 10:02 AM

I am not a braggart or "trash-talker" when it come to just about anything, especially Clemson/Carolina. Being a 54 year old Clemson fan I have painful memories of being taunted at school when we lost which, during the early 70's, was a whole lot. So, I guess I am of the mind set if you can't take it, don't dish it out. I am admitting I can't take it so I don't give it out, I am non-confrontational, to each his own. I will never pull for the coots, hope they lose every game(even bye weeks) but I make it a point not to engage in stupid, petty banter about Clemson/Carolina, I've found, you can't really have an intelligent conversation with idiots so why bother.

right on**

Oct 29, 2015, 10:26 AM

which is why I posted this from my (Coot run in...) post..

(.. as I think about it deeper..
Seems when I wear my Clemson visor out in public, I only get the smart ### comments from coots. Not UNC, NCST, E Carolina (being in Charlotte) nobody, only coot fans.

I know good and well I don't walk around with that jealousy when I see a coot hat or shirt. I prefer silent pride, I’ll let my beloved Tigers speak for me!

By the way, have an outstanding day!

GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: right on**

Oct 29, 2015, 2:35 PM

I hope they lose every game. Recruiting is a thing.

If the coots were playing Moscow.....

Oct 29, 2015, 10:28 AM

I'm yelling "Go you sommie ########!!"

I am only nice to coots when I have to be. Like family gatherings, and even that is limited.

Oct 29, 2015, 10:36 AM

My thoughts on the rivalry (long):

I grew up a Tiger fan and was raised not far from Clemson at all - most of my family were Clemson and I didn't know anything else. I had some gamecock friends in school, but not many and growing up, I'd give that congenial response that "I pull for both teams except for one weekend a year". As I got older, I noticed that the gamecocks I met off the street got angrier and more in your face. I'm not really sure if that's their attitude getting bolder, me not putting up with that mess or both, but during the Spurrier years, I did notice them becoming more a55h0*$%ish about it.

Living in Charleston, there are more gamecocks here than back home, but I'd still say the majority I see is Clemson. Even still, I've had some pretty nasty run-ins and just question where people's thinking is at. Two situations stand out:

Watching the Orange Bowl against OSU. We were at a bar and there was this old man decked out in gamecock gear sitting at the table in front of us. As the game wore on, he began cheering for OSU - by late in the first half, this old man is screaming and yelling for Ohio State - wearing head to toe garnet. Right at the half, he leaves and we think we're in the clear. He shows up about halfway through the third quarter wearing an Ohio State hat and jacket - with the tags still on both. By this point, the old man was straight up obnoxious - screaming at everyone and booing anytime we'd so much as get 5 yards. I've heard stories like that, but I've never seen anything like it. Needless to say, as the game became ours, I became obnoxious too and admittedly was yelling right back at him. I don't really like how I acted that night.

Secondly - last year I think, I was at Red's with some friends and the usc/UGA game was on. I was sitting at a table with some friends of mine who are gamecocks. They had that play where they were like 2" from getting a first down and the refs gave them the first down anyway for some reason. All the gamecocks in that place went crazy. There was this one kid standing at the bar who kept staring at our table. Again, it's my girlfriend and I and then 2 other couples who were gamecocks. My girlfriend and I are dressed incognito and just passively watching - not cheering for either side. The kid comes up to me and goes "How you like that, Georgia fan?!?" and I told him I wasn't a Georgia fan. He asked me who I was a fan of and I told him Clemson and he goes "Oh! Haha! Whatcha think about this?!?" and holds up a hand with 5 outstretched fingers - right in my face, and then shoves my face. I was shocked. I'm a 36 year old man, 6'-2 and about 190 lbs and this kid was probably 22-23 and maybe 5'-6" and 120 lbs. I grabbed his arm and he tried to push me with his other arm. At that point, I grabbed him by the throat and walked him back and slammed him into the bar. The bartenders saw all the commotion and made both of us leave - him and me. I live 2 blocks from Reds, know everyone that works there and am in there 2+ times a week. And they still made me leave. Whatever - I'm again on good terms and would do it again. I don't care who you are, you don't touch me.

Anyway - sorry to ramble, but I'll give anyone respect and treat anyone with kindness, but you cross a line and all bets are off. Most of them have been pretty respectful, but in the last couple of years, I've met some real pieces of ####. I don't know where that comes from.

For you guys that go on Reddit, or have just been hearing about it, that's something I've had to learn. Like the FGF and CT crowd, I assumed the gamecocks on there would be spouting nonsense and talking crap, so when I logged on there, I went in with guns blazing. But I quickly realized that for some reason, most of that crowd is pretty realistic and respectful to all fanbases, even the gamecocks. So, I had to tone it down - and again, they're pretty nice, so I'm respectful to them as well.

But in person, I meet some really nasty people in garnet. I just don't understand it. But like Sonny Barger said, "Treat me nice and I'll treat you better. Treat me bad and I'll treat you worse." I hate to be that way, but I've learned to fight fire with fire, as far as the assh0l3 gamecock fans go - that's not my personality, but it usually puts a quick end to the conversation.

Now that they're down, the talk has quieted and all is back to normal. There are days when I feel almost sorry for them, but then I remember the old man decked out in OSU gear and the kid from Reds, and any sympathy I have goes right out the window. It is what it is.

Oct 29, 2015, 11:02 AM

Right on Sir.

I've never understood the animosity either. It is - I think we all know - an animosity that comes at Clemson as well as being sent from Clemson.

Thanks for posting ... methinks that you are the Clemson Gentleman that we all aspire to be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tip O'Neill used to say...

Oct 29, 2015, 12:04 PM

"All politics is local."

So are rivalries. One of my best friend's dad was a former SC player, and the entire family were full-on coots. We all got along great and they are my closest friends to this day.

But there was another friend...back in the late 80's and worshipped the ground Todd Ellis walked on. Could not have a reasonable football discussion of any sort for his all-consuming hatred of Clemson. Got so bad, I literally cut him out of my life entirely.

That's the main source of my SC hate. Whenever the coots lose, that's whose face I see - and revel in the schadenfreude. Reinforced by many more internet coots.

I would never ever rub anyone's face in it - even on the internet. Unless they start it. Then it's game on.

Oct 29, 2015, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and SC rivalry ]

Its our time now ,., we used to take beating them for granted .,

You must not have seen all the photo bombs with Dabo starting with 2 in a row .,
Pictures plastered all over with Dabo and Coots .,

So when its 56 to zip and the roach is all orange ., Take some pictures please .,

Every where Dabo went in the state ,., coots were waiting with their cameras .,

Schadenfreude***

Oct 29, 2015, 12:12 PM

Oct 29, 2015, 12:15 PM

Well written article an I agree 100%

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2015, 12:20 PM

Oh Deer Lowered, now we have "Tiger fan" coot apologists on our boreds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

You're behind bro

Oct 29, 2015, 12:37 PM

@GWPTiger has been here for a while.

Re: You're behind bro***

Oct 29, 2015, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I'm sorry, he's not a coot apologist.

Oct 29, 2015, 12:46 PM

Just a coot.

Carry on.

it's a crazy world...***

Oct 29, 2015, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and SC rivalry ]

just one more story to add

Oct 29, 2015, 12:49 PM

again, I could write a book but a long time friend and I don't speak anymore because I was giving him some good natured ribbing a few years back when carolina was losing.

He went full bore on me and cussed me out. Unbelievable how nasty he got. He practically lost his mind. And this was a guy I had known probably 30 years.

I told him we were done. Never saw him again.

When I see someone wearing a gamecock hat or shirt

Oct 29, 2015, 1:07 PM

I ask them if they lost a bet.

If you are an actual Tiger fan...

Oct 29, 2015, 1:14 PM

I implore you to go read the Web Based Forums known as Fighting Gamecocks Forum. It's a site that enlists the help of the Gamecock's finest to talk about how good the Clemson Football team is doing. You can always tell when we are having a great season because they post more about how bad we are and how much better the SEC is than the ACC. I present you with exhibit 'A':

http://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/acc-affiliation-undermines-clemson%E2%80%99s-odds-to-make-the-college-football-playoff.78539/page-3

Please don't take my word for it, as I am just a poor messenger boy...but I do ask you not to turn a blind eye and explore their delusion for yourself.

P.S. I thumbed your post down. Way to sirius for the boreds on this site.

TIGER BALLS.

Always taught my children to pull for Tigers & not down opp.

Oct 29, 2015, 1:20 PM

Back in the 1981/82 NC game vs Nebraska..my two children (age 11 & 15) were seated next to two Cornhuskers couples in their sixties..and they kept yelling curse words down at the field of play directed to the Tiger Team..

and after a few minutes of this I courteously bent over and kindley asked them to do just what I stated in my heading..please pull for your fine team & I'll do same and not disparage yours.

And, they were most gracious and did just that...and funny part was they left a few minutes b/4 game was over..and bent over to say CONGRATULATIONS.

GoTiGERS..keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a speech for SCar fans to me! Just sayin. ***

Oct 29, 2015, 2:47 PM

Nm

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic