Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson University Cares
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 733

Clemson University Cares

Nov 4, 2015, 1:11 PM

Just wanted to take a minute to recognize our great university. Although I am ecstatic, I am not talking about our #1 football ranking or our amazing head coach that transcends college football. Although I am proud, I am also not talking about the wonderful "Clemson Life" program. I am talking about a program called "Clemson University Cares".

I am going to be vague on purpose. I hold multiple degrees from Clemson and have a family member attending now. Unfortunately, there was a recent issue that will prevent this family member, who is close to graduating, from finishing this semester. It may be months or years, if ever, before this family member can return to school.

The "Clemson University Cares" program reached out immediately and has been tremendous through some troubling times. This program handled all communication with current professors and also helped hold spots in classes for next semester in case this family member could return to school at that point. They handled all of this in a caring, discreet manner as well. It is good to know that Clemson will be right there waiting on my family member when/if the time comes to think about education again.

There is never a day that goes by that I am not proud to be a tiger. Part of it is because of our highly ranked football team but most of it is for programs like the aforementioned.

Go Tigers!
Beat the Noles!
Keep Caring!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson University Cares

Nov 4, 2015, 4:27 PM

that is one thing (among many) that has impressed me about this place since i started working here a few years ago.

there is a phenomenal support system in place for so many facets of the students' lives - and it's easy for students to get access to the various support systems and mechanisms

best of luck to your family member

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 733
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic