Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset"

Sep 2, 2019, 12:59 PM

Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset"

The No. 12 ranked Texas A&M program will be confidence against No. 1 Clemson after a narrow loss to the Tigers last season. Texas A&M offensive guard Jared Hock Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset"

Sep 2, 2019, 1:10 PM

Bulletin Board material right there! Manhood challenged, for sure. Tigers need to make them pay for their disrespect!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 2:20 PM

Uh oh! I think he is right! SlimeBo Fissure is gonna be really upset when the Saggies lose by 3TDs

Sep 2, 2019, 4:52 PM

+1 on the "SlimeBo" moniker! He is a jerk, and I expected much more out of TA&M. It is a great school with a great reputation for outstanding patriotism and fans with class. They deserve better, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

Pittsburg, Syracuse, ‘ bama 15, 17. Bad things happen to the best sometimes. But it will take more a wish.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

In hindsight, probably needs to be rethought.

and Bentley won’t leave until winning a championship and beating Clemson.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:16 PM

Yeah right! ????????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and Bentley won’t leave until winning a championship and beating Clemson.

Sep 2, 2019, 4:54 PM

They are going to be really sick of him, before it's over then.

Re: and Bentley won’t leave until winning a championship and beating Clemson.

Sep 2, 2019, 9:18 PM [ in reply to and Bentley won’t leave until winning a championship and beating Clemson. ]

Well considering he doesn't have the requisite talent to make it to the next level in the NFL, perhaps the only possible option for him is to hope to stick around as a GA and future coach. Too bad that the USCjr fans seem to have pretty much completely turned on him. If he does manage to stick around, maybe if they get lucky they could pull off the upset in a few decades after Dabo retires (hopefully not til the 2040s).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 1:16 PM

They said they would win at home last year also. They said there was no way Clemson would come into college station with the original 12th man crowd and get out of there with a win, how did that turn out for them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 1:24 PM

In all fairness, they took Clemson down to the wire and made it a close game last year. No one else came half as close to beating the tigers.

I have no problem with a 20 year old young man having confidence in his team, it would be pretty lame for these student-athletes to work as hard as they do and say "yea we're ok but Clemson is gonna hang 60 points on us."

as long as Coach Swinney prepares our boys right, business will be handled.

Sep 2, 2019, 9:31 PM

The point was that they stated that Clemson wouldn't get a win at college station, in all fairness, Clemson proved them wrong even if it had been by only 1 point. Closeness works out well with horseshoes or hand grenades, not so well in FB bc the team that is up by as little as one point wins the game, no cigars, trophies, or NC rings for the team that come close to winning!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

Syracuse came much closer than T A&M.

Well . . . the boys from Texas

Sep 2, 2019, 1:20 PM

have the "talking part" over with . . .

Dabo's words to the team before the "bama beat down" ring clear,
"It's NOT time to TALK ABOUT IT . . . Its time to BE ABOUT IT!!!"

Lace'em up tight guys . . . and Welcome to the Valley!!! . . . All I see in the Aggies is . . . Tiger Meat!!!

Go TIGERS . . . Fight like H3LL Dammmmit . . . AND WIN!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well . . . the boys from Texas

Sep 2, 2019, 1:24 PM

Yep, the talking is the easy part, but then doing it, that there is the hard part!!!

Sep 2, 2019, 1:23 PM

Just like Rudy being offsides, 12 men on the field is a penalty also!

Classic jimbo lead team

Sep 2, 2019, 1:26 PM

No discipline .
GO TIGERS!!

Re: Classic jimbo lead team

Sep 2, 2019, 4:06 PM

You said it before I could post it. Yep, this is a classic Jimbo led team. And Jimbo will do nothing about it because his players will tell him what they’re going to do.

Re: Classic jimbo lead team

Sep 2, 2019, 9:45 PM

And after that they will screw his wife!

It could happen.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:30 PM

I'm giving AnM 17 points if anyone wants to take a chance. I'm betting 25 Tnet points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the government's gonna balance the budget next year.***

Sep 2, 2019, 3:02 PM

Re: And the government's gonna balance the budget next year.***

Sep 2, 2019, 9:21 PM

I thought that we were supposed to not only balance the budget but pay off the national debt within the next decade???

Sorry, couldn't resist making a joke about how no one of either party in Washington seems to give a crap about the debt and deficit when they are in power.

Now back to football.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:32 PM

He kind of looks like Will Muschamp's ####### son.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:37 PM

As lord Saban said, “if you wanna talk $h!t join the g0damn debate team”.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:40 PM

Nothing wrong with saying that...bring it on.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:59 PM

I get that there’s bulletin board material here, but there’s nothing disrespectful in saying that you’ve put in a ton of prep work and you have confidence in your coach and your teammates to pull out a win. If the players didn’t feel that way, why bother playing the game?

The Aggies are scheduled to play the teams currently ranked #1, 2, and 3, with two of those games on the road. If they conceded a win to those teams, they’d be bowing out on 3 games before their season started. You can’t do that as a team, so I support the players’ confidence.

I’ll never forget that Trevor Lawrence’s first pass against the Aggies was a 68 yard TD pass to Higgins. Wow! talk about an entrance. Clemson has a scary good team – they’re the legitimate favorite to win the natty this year again. You guys have a great team that most of us fans hope our own team will emulate in a lot of ways. I love Dabo’s approach to coaching and winning, and I think the Aggies are following in a similar direction.

The 18.5-point betting line is set to attract an equal number of bets on either side, though. I don’t understand that number for this game – it’s a pretty high number. The Aggies will be better on offense and should be significantly better on defense than last year – they tend to play their best in the second half of their bigger games.

This looks to be the most challenging game currently on either team’s schedule for this year. I can’t wait to see how the Aggies measure up to a great Clemson team.

Saturday can't get here fast enough!

Sep 2, 2019, 2:11 PM

That’d be fine if that was what he said...
He and another of his teammates guaranteed a win...

That’s fine though...this isn’t professional wrestling...talk is meaningless..we’ll find out on the field..

I have immense respect for the Aggie fan base...
Less so now for your players though...

Jimbo Fisher is a good coach ..however his FSU teams lacked discipline at times ...
I can assure none of our players will be making any guarantees...They’ll do their talking on the field...

Sep 2, 2019, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

That’d be fine if that was what he said...
He and another of his teammates guaranteed a win...

That’s fine though...this isn’t professional wrestling...talk is meaningless..we’ll find out on the field..

I have immense respect for the Aggie fan base...
Less so now for your players though...

Jimbo Fisher is a good coach ..however his FSU teams lacked discipline at times ...
I can assure none of our players will be making any guarantees...They’ll do their talking on the field...

Sep 2, 2019, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

Jumbo is not following Dabo’s approach. Did you see the state he left FSU in?

Sep 2, 2019, 4:13 PM

if you believe FSU’s problems are due to Jimbo, I have some great waterfront in FL I’d be happy to sell you.

Sep 2, 2019, 8:17 PM

tamu2020 said:

if you believe FSU’s problems are due to Jimbo, I have some great waterfront in FL I’d be happy to sell you.

Ok how much per acre

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

What the Aggies will follow, is the shape that Jimbo left FSU in, I know it, and your fan base is scare that it will happen to your beloved A&M team also right after Jimbo loses that teams respect. It going to take years for FSU to get back to the proud team they were when Bobby Bowden was their HC. If something was to happen and Dabo wasn't around anymore, and our AD hired Jimbo Fisher, I would give up on all college sports, and I'm a 56 year Clemson fan!!!

Sep 2, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

The Aggies will never follow in Dabo’s footsteps as long as Jimbo is your coach. Jimbo sets no culture except working hard. His players are constantly in trouble because he implements zero discipline. Honestly, it’s a strange marriage because I don’t perceive A&M approving of such an approach.

Sep 2, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

Good post. I saw that kind of class last year in College Station. I hope both teams bring it, leave it all on the field, and of course, I hope Clemson wins. It should be a war, and I can hardly wait for the KO on Saturday. We are glad to have any Aggies who can make it to be there. Go Tigers!!!

Sep 2, 2019, 9:50 PM

Couldn't agree more. Looking for a hard fought game. It's not every year your team gets to travel to the #1 team's house and see how you measure up. Fans usually have to look at how their team's performance looks in retrospect. You may beat a ranked team and get a bump in the rankings only to find out later that that particular team happened to be a dud - it can be confusing. That's not the case with Clemson, though. Everyone knows where you are and where you'll end up, so it's probably the best possible test for our team. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Sep 2, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

My son and I attended the game in College Station last year and it could have gone either way. Especially because of the outcome, I was very impressed with the class and sportsmanship of the A&M fans. They congratulated us in the stadium, in the bars, the hotel, and all the way until we left town. I know Clemson fans are just as classy and know that they will be as welcoming to the A&M fans. If you are coming to Clemson, welcome and enjoy the game and the atmosphere. I agree that the spread is too high, but look forward to a Tiger win.

Sep 2, 2019, 9:44 PM

I won't be able to make it to the game, but I'm glad you got to see it last year and glad you enjoyed the stay. Players are still kids, and they'll say what they're going to say. In the end, I'm hoping for a hard-fought game and I'm really looking forward to seeing where the Aggies are in terms of progress. It's hard to look at decades of mediocrity on the field and not get a little excited when you start seeing progress.

Sep 2, 2019, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

No issue with what the young lads had to say. I wouldnt expect anyone on our team to feel any different if asked that question. I personally have always liked A&M and have a ton of fellow Marines who are Aggies. Still, no one here is a fan of Jimbo and the culture he brings, but not my monkey, not my Circus. At least he does bring a lot tougher mentality than Summlin did, who year by year proves he just got really lucky falling into Keenum and Johnny Manziel. I look forward to the game, IF there IS a game. Go Tigers!

Sep 2, 2019, 9:25 PM

Agree with everything you said, but wasn't Keenum the QB for Houston? I can't remember who was at A&M before Manziel, but they've had numerous 5 stars since Manziel even though prior to Kellen Mond they didn't pan out.

Sep 2, 2019, 9:40 PM

That's the truth. Kevin Sumlin had Manziel start as a red shirt Freshman and had some pretty good results. After that, we recruited Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray. They were the #1 ranked Pro style QB in the country and the #1 dual threat QB in the country in back to back years in 2014 and 2015. As living proof that recruiting awards don't win titles, Sumlin and his team drove them both off within a month of each other. They're both playing in the NFL now. We're hoping we've turned a corner in terms of player development.

Sep 2, 2019, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M player predicts win over Clemson: "There will be an upset" ]

I'm an old Marine myself, so a deeply-felt Ooh-rah! to you. I've heard of some of the problems that developed at FSU, and I agree that's just not something that any program should have to deal with. I have a hard time imagining anything like that happening at A&M, though. Sometimes the coach brings the culture and sometimes the school brings it. From what I know of A&M, there's a good chance it'll be the latter.

Most of us just got really tired of seeing lackluster performances year after year by undisciplined coaches who were paid lots of money to settle for being bowl-eligible.

Dabo's a great coach and Clemson's the standard that other teams are wanting to reach. Last year's game was epic. I'm hoping our guys can hang with the Tigers for long enough to have a chance at it in the 4th.

Jimbo creating a bunch of Mouths down in College Station

Sep 2, 2019, 2:21 PM

Sep 2, 2019, 2:57 PM

Everybody is tough, until they get punched in the mouth.

Son, we do our talking on the field.***

Sep 2, 2019, 3:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 2, 2019, 3:19 PM

Heard it all last year......Blah,blah,blah....

Sep 2, 2019, 3:43 PM

A generous present from our guest:

Awesome bulletin board material for our week’s preparation:

“...the Aggies were (note the past tense, short lived) looking forward to the opportunity. When a reporter asked TAM Jared Hocker, Jr OL, “Does that make (Clemson) ripe for an upset?” Hocker responded plainly, “Yes it does. There will be an upset.” And Jimbo wasn’t all to happy with Hocker’s speculation, and Jimbo responded, “Well, Jared better play well.”

Brent is the master tactician and now he sweetens his powerful recipe with a marvelous touch of motivation.

Zero tiger players have predicted a win

Sep 2, 2019, 3:25 PM

they only control what they do, talk is cheap

Is Jared 'Chump's brother?

Sep 2, 2019, 4:07 PM

Looks an awful lot alike.

I’m sure those poor boys have heard this before...

Sep 2, 2019, 4:13 PM

Bless their hearts!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: I’m sure those poor boys have heard this before...

Sep 2, 2019, 4:23 PM

Awwwwwww yeah
....that is what I like trash talk from the opposing team. Now we get to see what kind of Men we have. I cannot wait for Saturday!

Sep 2, 2019, 9:13 PM

I see this as a "Leave No Doubt" type of game. They will hang with us early, but then I feel the Tigers will dominate!

Sep 2, 2019, 9:16 PM

I know that most Clemson fans view this as bulletin board material and disrespect for our team, but personally I think it's important to take into account the context.

Hocker wasn't out there running his mouth. He was talking about how he likes being the underdog, and when a reporter asked him if that meant that Clemson is ripe for an upset, he responded yes.

I prefer it when players don't make statements like that to the press prior to a game, but I do think that every player on any team should believe that his team has a chance to win each game. If a player goes into a game thinking that they can't win, they have already lost half of the battle. That's what is often called the 'Bama Factor' where many teams have already lost before they even get off the bus.

I want all of the players to fully believe in their team's ability to win a game against any opponent and even to expect to win. Even though it's best not to make those type of statements to the media, I can't get upset with the guy for believing in himself and his teammates.

It's just too bad for him and the Aggies that no amount of belief in the world can overcome the Clemson factor, our coaching and our talented young men.

He's not wrong. There will be an upset

Sep 3, 2019, 11:12 AM

offensive line and an upset fanbase in TAMU...

Sep 3, 2019, 12:38 PM

Just remember, last year we won with KB. And that was a good thing at that time. But what a difference the Tigers are with TL and a full year plus 2 of experience. With that same level of experience applied to our WRs and RBs, well comparing last year to this year on the offensive side of the ball, there is no comparison. Defensive side is just slightly below only on the front four with the back 7 being significantly better. Without the big play, TA&M will be hurting for points. We’ll score early and often and the TA&M second half come from behind will not be a factor in this game. Tigers 44 TA&M 16 (score look familiar?!?) GO TIGERS FIGHT

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic