Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chucktown getting the love
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,651

Chucktown getting the love

Jul 11, 2019, 9:54 AM

https://www.facebook.com/74839988562/posts/10157308935008563/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Chucktown getting the love

Jul 11, 2019, 9:56 AM

Way too crowded now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish they'd stop with that nonsense.

Jul 11, 2019, 9:57 AM

Charleston is no longer Charleston. They're quickly subdividing all the charm out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I wish they'd stop with that nonsense.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:01 AM

Exactly. I used to be able to drive from Folly to Sullivans Island and it was no big deal. That was even before the connector or new bridge. Too hard to get around Charleston now imo.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:09 AM

Spent 18 years there and left in 2013. I love Charleston and am thankful to have grown up in such a great area, but it's nowhere near what it used to be and I don't have any desire to move back full-time. Over half of my fishing spots you can't get to now because of the houses built where woods used to be. Traffic is ridiculous, O310 license plates every other car, etc...you know what I'm talking about.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I wish they'd stop with that nonsense. ]

I live off HWY41 and when school is in it's unreal. Clements Ferry is a joke as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to I wish they'd stop with that nonsense. ]

Don’t get me started.

The rivers and beaches are the most upsetting part. Bunk of kooks rolling around trimmed up throwing huge wake everywhere.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:12 AM

This comment list did not go as I had hoped .

Like I tell the crew daily .. PMA folks .
Positive Mental Attitude !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm as surprised as you to find FM among the rabble, he's...

Jul 11, 2019, 10:16 AM

usually all gumdrops, lollipops, sunshines & silver linings...

Tomorrow will beckon a new day... fingers crossed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm as surprised as you to find FM among the rabble, he's...

Jul 11, 2019, 10:17 AM

He's been sniffing again . You can see the skreckles of it in his paint- stiffened mustache .

DB23

Jul 11, 2019, 12:31 PM

WE FULL!, that is the slogan in Charleston, SC. Come to visit for a few days is fine, but please don't move here. Traffic is terrible, roads are outdated, boat landings are full, airport is at near capacity etc. We have great people who work for the Visitors Bureau which help get us these awards....

Jul 11, 2019, 10:15 AM

Well there's no denying it's an awesome place !

DB23

Jul 11, 2019, 10:23 AM

I still love it and would like always keep a home here, but I can’t see if you weren’t from here and have access and the knowledge a local does how people would enjoy it. I go over the wappoo bridge everyday and there are easily 50 plus boats waiting to trailer. Gotta be like an hour wait with all the idiots trying to back up a trailer and pull up straight in the tide.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Chucktown getting the love ]

Yes, CHS is a great place to live and be raised. However, too much uncontrolled growth and popularity with the out of state folks over the last 6 years. It's great for our economy, but puts a strain on our roads, traffic and general relaxed vibe of the low country life.

Born at Roper, spent a few childhood years there . . .

Jul 11, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Chucktown getting the love ]

Visited for a long weekend, every weekend, for 6 years as my "Sissy" battled cancer . . .

She is the home of both sets of grandparents and also my parents . . . yet, I have no desire to live there . . .

You are correct, "WE FULL"!!! . . . too damnn crowded for me . . . but She is still home!!!
(14 Bennett Street, a small street behind the Old Museum which no longer stands, is the old home place)

Jul 11, 2019, 10:15 AM

WE FULL!, that is the slogan in Charleston, SC. Come to visit for a few days is fine, but please don't move here. Traffic is terrible, roads are outdated, boat landings are full, airport is at near capacity etc. We have great people who work for the Visitors Bureau which help get us these awards....

I'm ready to move to Clemson and get out of the largest city in SC.

I know the Clemson-grad Woman who's partly responsible for #1 rating..

Jul 11, 2019, 11:06 AM

and bless her Charleston & Tall Ships heart for promoting & maintaining its continued Top ranking as one of the World's Best Sight-seeing Cities but geez has it grown a Beast in the meantime!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***Great place to visit. Would not want to live there.******

Jul 11, 2019, 11:12 AM

Re: ***Great place to visit. Would not want to live there.******

Jul 11, 2019, 11:16 AM

That needs to be our new slogan

Re: ***Great place to visit. Would not want to live there.******

Jul 11, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to ***Great place to visit. Would not want to live there.****** ]

That needs to be our new slogan

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,651
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic