Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charlotte getting a new stadium?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Charlotte getting a new stadium?

Jul 31, 2019, 3:57 PM

So new Panthers owner wants a retractable roof stadium in the next 10 years. Indoors in December would be nice for the Tigers.

However the waste of money by these cities on stadiums is crazy. Bank of America stadium is pretty dang nice, just not indoors I guess.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's decent, but it opened in 1996 and not comparable to

Jul 31, 2019, 4:11 PM

more modern stadiums. Tepper wants it to hold major sporting, concert and other events year round. I have been to some cold games in that stadium, especially at night. A retractable roof would be great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It's decent, but it opened in 1996 and not comparable to

Jul 31, 2019, 4:17 PM

Thats great. Let him pay for it then

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's more than likely going to pay for a lot of it

Jul 31, 2019, 4:27 PM

but I doubt he's going to pay for all of it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Aren't they going to build it on the current Charlotte

Jul 31, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to It's decent, but it opened in 1996 and not comparable to ]

Pipe & Foundry property?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Well, he's going to create a competition between NC and SC

Jul 31, 2019, 4:29 PM

to locate the stadium. Would Charlotte Pipe even be interested in selling their property and have to build a new foundry?

Yes, according to this (link)

Jul 31, 2019, 4:32 PM

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/charlotte-pipe-is-leaving-its-longtime-home-near-uptown/951107816

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Wow! Totally missed that.

Jul 31, 2019, 4:37 PM

Sounds like they got a nice incentive package

Re: Well, he's going to create a competition between NC and SC

Jul 31, 2019, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Well, he's going to create a competition between NC and SC ]

Probably will create a competition between the border on NC/SC but CLT/NC won’t bite. They win either way, whether by building a new stadium or redeveloping that land in the heart of uptown. So I would expect SC to give him
What he wants and fund a new stadium.

CLT would get to re-develop that land anyway while adding

Jul 31, 2019, 4:40 PM

a $1 billion+ stadium to the city. You don't think Charlotte/NC would want to have a stadium like that in uptown Charlotte? Sure they would still sell hotel rooms if Tepper jumped the border into SC but the economic impact of having that stadium in Charlotte is too much to pass up.

Don’t see it being anywhere other than Uptown

Jul 31, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Well, he's going to create a competition between NC and SC ]

To have the kind of events he’s talking about having there, Uptown is the only place with enough rooms to host enough people that would be coming into town for it.

Might pit NC and SC against each other to try to get more public money but I think he’s smart enough to know a major stadium would only really work with the infrastructure of Uptown Charlotte.

Meh, you could put it in York County just across the border

Jul 31, 2019, 5:06 PM

and still have a lof of uptown's infrastructure advantages while putting in a development around the stadium similar to the Battery in Cobb County GA where the Braves' stadium is.

Would it be as advantageous as having it in uptown Charlotte? No. But it's still conceivable.

Re: Aren't they going to build it on the current Charlotte

Jul 31, 2019, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Aren't they going to build it on the current Charlotte ]

This has actually been in the works since last year for the Charlotte Pipe property

tax payers of sc already getting shafted

Jul 31, 2019, 4:41 PM

by them moving the headquarters here

Why are the taxpayers getting shafted?***

Jul 31, 2019, 4:45 PM

She doesn't know.***

Jul 31, 2019, 10:02 PM

There's something in these hills.

This is insanely dumb

Jul 31, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to tax payers of sc already getting shafted ]

Taxpayers aren’t getting shafted

Of course they're not, but I can't wait to hear his

Jul 31, 2019, 4:58 PM

explanation as to why he thinks they are.

NOT!***

Jul 31, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to tax payers of sc already getting shafted ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charlotte getting a new stadium?

Jul 31, 2019, 8:50 PM

They might want to bump up that timeline .
After the Coot and Tarhole fans have their way with BOA next month they'll need to carpet bomb the place with bleach and then send in Serv-Pro to make the whole mess disappear .
If you're a Panthers fan and you've got season tickets you might want to see if they'll let you get in there and wrap your seats in Tyvek .
I'd go two layers just to be on the safe .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 31, 2019, 10:10 PM

The stadium in Charlotte is still good and not in disrepair. I'm sure there are some Clemson Engineers and Architects that can design and built a retractable roof over the existing stadium saving everyone a large sum of money.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty sad that a 20 year old stadium is considered

Jul 31, 2019, 10:43 PM

obsolete by some.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Charlotte getting a new stadium? ]

So if they build a stadium, do I get a refund on the PSL’s I bought many years ago? They could at least send me my two seats. I can put them on my porch and seat in them on game day!??

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic