Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice from Atlanta....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Nice from Atlanta....

Jan 29, 2014, 9:25 PM

Around the time the traffic jam started, Deal and Reed were at an award ceremony recognizing the mayor as the "2014 Georgian of the Year."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way!***

Jan 29, 2014, 9:39 PM

Re: Nice from Atlanta....

Jan 29, 2014, 9:40 PM

The American public sure does love the blame game. The obvious solution is for people to quit depending on the government to bail them out of a bad spot. Why is it so friggin hard for people to be self-reliant!!

I think its funny how its ALL their fault. Every bit of it. They control the weather and its arrival time. They control work dismissal times. They control ice atop a hill. Right, don't they?

I keep hearing people, pardon me degenerates, saying the government wasn't ready to help the people. Hmm. Depending on the government for your personal survival and welfare seems like a great idea. I mean its not like they TRIED to evacuate New Orleans during that mess. And when folks didn't listen and the chit hit the fan, just as predicted!!, it was Bush and the governments fault. And when a hurricane hit the NE it was the governments fault. Cause they told people to evacuate. But those people find looting more important than anything.

Dumb mayor and gov are at fault

Jan 29, 2014, 10:01 PM

National ether svs had issued warning for metro atl at 3:42 am. Plenty of time to have presalted major arteries and called off school. But they did nothing and should get raked over the coals for it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dumb mayor and gov are at fault

Jan 29, 2014, 10:13 PM

So the NWS issued a warning and the public decided they knew more about forecasting than they did. Anybody over 10 can tell you that any amount of snow or ice will really muck up Southern towns. Simple solution: be precautious and stay at home. Work if you must but atleast keep the kids home or locked in the basement. ;)

Bet next time people will listen to the projected warnings. But rather than say, "I should've listened", it's easier to blame an elected official. I'm seeing a pattern here with Katrina, the NE hurricane, and now Snowmagedon in Atlanta. I agree that school districts made a bad decision. That's about the only grievance I have.

Charlotte didn't seem to have a problem and it snows here

Jan 29, 2014, 10:18 PM

About as much as Atlanta.

Jhoff, Charlotte and points westward and north all the way

Jan 29, 2014, 10:21 PM

up to the Virginia border on I 77 were saturated in sand/salt and whatever else by 7 PM last night. I was coming down that way and people were driving like idiots because I believe they thought all the junk on the road was slush or something wintry when in fact it was just early preparation.

Wait a second...hold on...it wasn't the truck driving

Jan 29, 2014, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Dumb mayor and gov are at fault ]

community's fault? I thought that is what I learned today. If it wasn't for those pesky 18 wheelers trying to get freight/supplies to wherever their destination may have been, none of the gridlock would have happened. Thanks Mayor!

If you pay highway taxes (buy gas) you should expect the

Jan 29, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice from Atlanta.... ]

Roads to be pre-treated and plowed. 2 inches of snow shouldn't shut down a city. Also, the government does control when schools and governments offices are let go. This is 100% different than New Orleans when people were told to evacuate and didn't leave.

Re: If you pay highway taxes (buy gas) you should expect the

Jan 29, 2014, 10:19 PM

What does this entire rant have to do with Tiger Football?

Ask ClemsonSCTiger***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:22 PM

Because we RECRUIT Georgia...amen***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:33 PM

BECAUSE OUR TEAM ALWAYS SEEMS TO SLIDE INTO

Jan 31, 2014, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: If you pay highway taxes (buy gas) you should expect the ]

THE DITCH WHEN WE GO TO ATLANTA!@e#$@#$@#$

Re: If you pay highway taxes (buy gas) you should expect the

Jan 29, 2014, 10:28 PM [ in reply to If you pay highway taxes (buy gas) you should expect the ]

I don't understand it all. If you live in Atlanta you've probably noticed its has a large population and has a serious congestion problem. Would a few salt trucks at major arteries really have solved the crisis? Would it have prevented some of these knuckleheads from being idiot drivers? Folks don't here don't know how to drive in the snow. It's understandable. Atlanta is a very hilly city. Lots of hills and opportunities for one moron to back things up. It should've been expected.

Big city, lots of commuters hitting the road at one time, and poor conditions are to blame. Would ATL's 10 salt trucks save the entire town? No. Perhaps it could have helped. But that doesn't help raise the level of skill for inexperienced drivers who always screw things up.

I understand the funny joke and narrative of the day is

Jan 14, 2022, 9:23 PM

"I can't believe people couldn't handle two inches of snow?!?" I saw people online saying that, newscasters talking about it, etc, etc. I keep wondering when they are going understand it was the amount of traffic and crazy ICE that was causing the problem, and I don't care what part of the country you live in. Ice is ice. They don't make ice tires. If it is thick enough and nothing is being done to remove it, you are going to have problems.

You're absolutely delusional on this one. LOST!!......***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice from Atlanta.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're absolutely delusional on this one. LOST!!......***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:27 PM

that's odd, because the state of SC closed down businesses and schools and there were no fatalities. There were 10 in Georgia, along with people sleeping in their cars.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly my point. To think this isn't a governmental fail is

Jan 29, 2014, 10:36 PM

delusional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly my point. To think this isn't a governmental fail is

Jan 29, 2014, 10:56 PM

I imagine they will get it right the next tome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice from Atlanta....

Jan 29, 2014, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice from Atlanta.... ]

I'd say Greenville "hit the fan" too. Sure work should have been delayed or something but I drove on straight ice in Greenville/greer everywhere but interstates.(after car got stuck on a main secondary road I guess they call it)
Even had a cop stuck beside me, no help from him. That dude went to the trunk got his chains for tires and took off

So, how were individuals supposed to salt down the roads. I

Jan 31, 2014, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice from Atlanta.... ]

mean, I think, that apparently, millions of them tried to get to work,and home from work.

Thanks Barry Soetoro!!***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:26 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic