Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WWII pictures sent to me: this one's for you Joe21!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

WWII pictures sent to me: this one's for you Joe21!

Dec 6, 2018, 11:32 PM

WWII pictures that are quite interesting.
1944 ——— 2014

Now this is an incredible use of technology. Like traveling back in time!

Directions:

Just click on the photo anywhere and it will become 2014. Click again and it will go back to 1944.

Scroll down for next photo.

http://interactive.guim.co.uk/#####/2014/apr/image-opacity-slider-master/index.html?ww2-dday

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WWII pictures sent to me: this one's for you Joe21!

Dec 6, 2018, 11:39 PM

Link not found.
Killing me Smalls!

Dec 6, 2018, 11:50 PM

Hopefully this one works. These are amazing!!!

https://interactive.guim.co.uk/#####/2014/apr/image-opacity-slider-master/index.html?ww2-dday

Dec 7, 2018, 12:16 AM

Nope. But anyway. Kudos to the vets that helped us us avoid a hundred years of darkness and murder. It was the fight of civilization against genocide and mindless hatred. None of us today understand the suffering that was
dropped on the world by the Axis ppowers. Very few of those vets yet live. GBI was a 17 year old as I understand when he joined and he now has essentially died of old age. Thank you, thank you WWII vets for saving the world! My father, who I lost in 1980, was among you, who lost an eye trying to save other soldiers in a mine field.

Thank you, thank you, we can never thank you enough!

Dec 7, 2018, 1:27 AM [ in reply to Re: WWII pictures sent to me: this one's for you Joe21! ]

There's a word being blocked by the filter. Like the words s c r i p t and m a r q u e e. But can't guess what it is.
This looks like it could be the same article you describe though:

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2014/06/scenes-from-d-day-then-and-now/100752/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 7, 2018, 7:45 AM

Dad landed in Omaha beach on D Day plus 4 days. He was in 165th Engineers and they were eventually assigned directly to Patton’s HQ. so he traveled across Europe building bridges ahead of Patton’s army. Oh such stories I have been told. Talking to Ike, seeing Patton in lead tank, and opening the doors at Daukau prision to free the living dead. Yet my dad lived such a simple life till the age of 87.
Thank you Joe for always telling your stories. It always reminds me of other stories. That was the Greatest Generation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Change the censored hash symbols to "e m b e d"

Dec 7, 2018, 6:00 AM

without the spaces.

Thanks!***

Dec 7, 2018, 7:09 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff***

Dec 7, 2018, 7:19 AM

null

Amazing***

Dec 7, 2018, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 7, 2018, 8:53 PM

Fantastic photos. I didn't get to Europe until several months after the invasion. Devastation every where. Was amazing how people could live in bombed our homes and buildings.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic