Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chances of Biden not making it through the primaries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Chances of Biden not making it through the primaries

Mar 11, 2020, 11:38 AM

and the DNC appoints Hillary as their candidate?

Is this a "bookmark this post, part 1" post?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would the DNC appoint Secretary Clinton?

Mar 11, 2020, 11:43 AM

That makes no sense, and seems kind of random. I think that'd be about the last person they'd nominate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B/C all they care about is Winning

Mar 11, 2020, 11:45 AM

Dems dont care what rabbit hole they have to go down...

Wouldn't that be the exact reason not to nominate her?

Mar 11, 2020, 11:46 AM

That's what I don't get.

And so they would throw out the person who already lost

Mar 11, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to B/C all they care about is Winning ]

to Trump? Bold strategy Cotton!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DNC has already decided they can't win with Sanders

Mar 11, 2020, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Why would the DNC appoint Secretary Clinton? ]

or any of the rest of those who were running.

Hillary has not ruled out running again, and she has a large base of support. With a down election year (financially), she could probably unseat Trump.

I guess I don't get the "large base of support"

Mar 11, 2020, 11:48 AM

I thought she was a particularly unpopular and disliked person.

By republicans, yes.

Mar 11, 2020, 11:52 AM

Not by Democrats. You heard she won the popular vote last time, right?

I just don't remember the last time I read something

Mar 11, 2020, 11:54 AM

positive about her, from a a Republican or Democrat. I admit I don't talk to many Democrats, so I guess I just didn't she was still popular among them.

I thought the voters made those decisions.***

Mar 11, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to DNC has already decided they can't win with Sanders ]

If Biden makes it through the primaries

Mar 11, 2020, 12:00 PM

but after securing the nomination drops due to health or something, the DNC can pick their candidate.

I did a little research after titling my post; but it looks like he would have to secure the nomination first.

http://theculturechronicles.com/index.php/2020/03/11/the-dnc-party-rules-have-no-guidelines-to-follow-if-their-nominee-withdraws-if-biden-dropped-out-after-securing-the-nomination-the-dnc-can-simply-appoint-anyone-they-want/

And there's this:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/democrats-hunt-for-trump-slayer-may-lead-to-hillary-clinton-comeback-goodwin/

I think it's low right now.

Mar 11, 2020, 11:57 AM

I think the probability that Joe won't make it until Nov is pretty high but I do not believe Hillary will be appointed to replace him. I believe Trump has dragged our a few investigations and can expose Hillary for the horrible person she is.

I also believe Dems will struggle 'bigly,' attracting Berniebros. To get them to the polls they are going to need more than Hillary. I believe they are going to need to replace Joe with a much stronger, more popular and just as well known person as Hillary.

I think that's what Hillary is working for but I don't think the Dems are stupid enough to run a loser twice. I also believe the FISA issues, missing server, Steele paper and other related issues would give the DNC pause.

I believe "Hiden Biden," will be their call to arms in the next six months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How high is a high probability?

Mar 11, 2020, 12:02 PM

Why would he not make it until November? I'd say the probability of him "making it until November" is hopefully close to 100%.

I'd guess the .6 mark.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:25 PM

Imo, he has a 60% chance of not being exposed as senile. I say this without malice or joy. My preference is that he goes the distance. Imo, he is a weak opponent and will win the primary only because the DNC circled the wagons to fight off the Berniebros.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems really far-fetched to me.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:35 PM

"Exposed" as senile? He's in the public and on camera most of his life right now. We already know everything about him.

Thats your view as a republican.

Mar 11, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I think it's low right now. ]

Do I need to show all the people crying when she lost last time? She'd have support from all of those who simply hate trump.

Trump has a record to run on now.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:20 PM

Hillary will have a real tightrope to walk on border security. The conflict between the moderate dems who support border control and the AOC radicals. The line within the democrat party seem much more defined now than it was in 2016.

Trump's record on border control, taxes reduced, small business start, manufacturing job increases, trade deals renegotiated highlights what middle class people know Hillary would not have done.

He's majorly blowing this virus thing.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:34 PM

If the economy tanks, and I'm not sure now how it can't, he'll be easy pickings.

she barely made it through last time medically

Mar 11, 2020, 12:03 PM

not sure she is "well" either.

That was after primary season as well though.

Mar 11, 2020, 12:03 PM

She'll get to skip all that this time.

He's running against word salad...

Mar 11, 2020, 12:05 PM

chances are his gaffes won't be that big a deal in this particular race. Remember the guy told supporters that Obama was a clean black dude and that's why he was popular.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats a gaffe.

Mar 11, 2020, 12:18 PM

His recent stuff is much closer to what one would expect from someone with onset dementia.

Maybe...

Mar 11, 2020, 12:28 PM

I don't see it. He's always been loopy. Being combative with the 2nd amendment guy fits the way he's running against Trump, he's the tough guy standing up to the bully and not accepting the bullies lies. The answer about Sanders was a deflection to another topic. That's politics 101.

When he mistook his wife for his sister, and forgot the

Mar 11, 2020, 1:03 PM

preamble and substituted "creator" with "something big, you know", and thought he was running for senate from 48 years ago...those aren't just being loopy. Not to mention the dude just looks like death with really white teeth.

Trump forgot where his father was from three times

Mar 11, 2020, 2:42 PM

and has as many verbal issues/gaffes as Biden, so the choices, if choosing to vote for the "least demented" person seems impossible (if we assume those gaffes mean dementia).

I think Trump is a habitual liar.

Mar 11, 2020, 2:49 PM

I think he lies when he doesn't know the answer, or can't think of a better one.

I don't think he's senile, however.

Trump has the same issues as Biden

Mar 11, 2020, 2:54 PM

except for the habitual lying and other personality issues, so if Biden/Trump are the only two options, I'd rather have the one that doesn't lie or have the myriad of personality issues that are undesirable in a world leader.

That's not how this works

Mar 11, 2020, 12:22 PM

Biden gets the nomination and has a running mate. If he drops out the running mate takes over the nomination and nominates a new VP candidate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

He won't choose a running mate until after he gets the

Mar 11, 2020, 1:01 PM

nomination.

Yeah I know.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:03 PM

If he bows out before the nomination then Bernie gets it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DNC will make sure that doesn't happen.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:04 PM

They did it last time, too. Nothing has changed.

If Biden drops and they broker

Mar 11, 2020, 1:06 PM

instead of nominating Bernie you might as well burn the Dem party to the ground.

Don't care what happens to them, really.***

Mar 11, 2020, 1:34 PM

So dems are voting for an unknown at this point.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to That's not how this works ]

You're assuming the DNC is going to allow him to pick his own running mate. That's naive.

Re: Chances of Biden not making it through the primaries

Mar 11, 2020, 1:28 PM

I hope he lasts long enough for us to see his finger snapped off and shoved up his ### when he points it in some machine operators’ face during a plant tour.

I hope it's on film the next time he attacks a voter.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:30 PM

The last thing I want to see is someone attacking a mouthy old man. That's uncivilized and would bring Joe the sympathy vote.

Re: I hope it's on film the next time he attacks a voter.

Mar 11, 2020, 1:32 PM

Image result for trump disabled reporter gif

Maybe the voter should make an effort to know

Mar 11, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Chances of Biden not making it through the primaries ]

what he's actually talking about before making accusations.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic