Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Carolina Panthers may move practice facilities to SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Carolina Panthers may move practice facilities to SC

Jul 10, 2018, 4:54 PM

New Panthers owner under contract to keep statue of Jerry Richardson.

"He is considering moving the team's practice facilities to South Carolina, in part to keep both states interested in the team. The Panthers currently practices on three fields within walking distance to their downtown stadium. Tepper said that valuable land could be then used for developmental purposes."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24058233/carolina-panthers-owner-david-tepper-contract-keep-statue-jerry-richardson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, move the stadium here

Jul 10, 2018, 5:00 PM

and then i'll feel like it's my team. business and manipulation. geezzz

they're only talking about moving it into Fort Mill or

Jul 10, 2018, 5:45 PM

somewhere close on the state line. Which is like a 10 minute drive from the current stadium (sans traffic.) This is probably what should have happened to begin with but the development hadn't hit in those areas when they first arrived. Now the name of the game (if you're an owner) is to host a Super Bowl and they say the current facility won't cut it b/c it isn't a dome. Who knows how much of this is posturing for other things but these stories swirl around here all the time and have been for a while.

Re: Carolina Panthers may move practice facilities to SC

Jul 10, 2018, 5:37 PM

If the new owner wants to insure both Carolinas become involved he and partners need to do three vital long term moves.

First keep pre-season camp at Wofford College! This has had a huge financial and fan base impact over several decades. Continue this until a new complex is completed.

Second build an entirely new stadium complex directly on the state line! Make the name actually mean what was intended!

Third build a practice complex as well, but put that entirely in York County.

Problem solved!

The first thing i thought was that he was going to move ST

Jul 10, 2018, 5:47 PM

out of Wofford b/c that was a JRichardson thing. We shall see. He may keep it there but i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't select another location closer to Charlotte but still in SC.

Jul 10, 2018, 5:49 PM

Who cares...the NFL has lost its way...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 8:10 PM

No , the NFL is just about exactly where it wants to be . They aren't losing money and they will weather this " brain function " storm like they always shrug off challenges from the non-plussed .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 10, 2018, 7:06 PM

Are the Panthers still around? I only follow NFL teams that sign Tigers.

Jul 10, 2018, 8:01 PM

From what I heard that was something personal involving Jerry Richardson family history ties.

They don't hold open practices

Jul 10, 2018, 8:54 PM

Except at training camp so I'm not understanding what kind of impact they think this move would have for the SC fan base. But as a Lake Wylie resident moving it out here probably wouldn't hurt property values.

Re: They don't hold open practices

Jul 11, 2018, 11:56 AM

This will be a event venue not just a practice facility. Look up the Star in Frisco.

null

He should rename them The Charlotte Panthers and get rid of

Jul 10, 2018, 9:33 PM

those hideous jr high looking uniforms. I don’t think they’ll ever be a regional team, people in South Carolina care way more about Clemson and USCjr and the pro fans are split between Falcons, Panthers, Reddkins, and Cowboys.

Speak for yourself...

Jul 11, 2018, 5:06 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 9:56 PM

Is this the same team that played at Clemson in 1995. I always wondered what happened to them. I bought season tickets for the 96 season and no one ever showed up.

Jul 11, 2018, 7:03 AM

Problem Solved... Place the new stadium in the heart of Carowinds, on the state line, it would appeal to all ages... team colors already match Smurf Village

Jul 11, 2018, 11:55 AM

This isn't only about the practice facility. This will make the new location a destination. Similar to the Star in Frisco, the "practice facility" will be able to host events.

"The Entertainment District at The Star is the perfect place to shop, dine, and bring the family to experience the Dallas Cowboys-themed campus. Offering more than twenty restaurants, shopping and specialty services, the Entertainment District is a place for the whole family to enjoy."

So where ever this ends up it will be a huge boost to the economy and host potential events like the recruiting events held this time of year.

I don't know where it will end up, but if you could link it to the GSP area it would pay huge dividends. More likely it will be near Carowinds and become a family hot spot.

null

There’s a large piece of land across from the barnyard

Jul 11, 2018, 1:33 PM

Flea market in Fort Mill that is the one area (among others) that they have done studies on. This is very close to Carowinds across i77. Roads are not prepared for that through there but it is very accessible to I77 and enough land to make it work. I heard it was a possible stadium site but maybe they were mistaken and it was a practice facility site.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic