Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Canterbury Tales
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Canterbury Tales

Feb 21, 2019, 5:56 PM

Last summer I posted a story about my meeting the manager of The Dolphin restaurant in Canterbury, England, and making a deal with him. I gave him a Tiger Paw and asked if he would place it somewhere near his bar and if someone came in and said it was a "CLEMSON TIGER PAW", would he give them a free beer. He told me he would go me one better and put it on one of the glass panes at the door to the entrance. After returning home. I had an email from him stating that within 24 hours in walked a young man wearing a Clemson cap and got his free beer.

An email from him today states he has told this story mamy, many times. Recently, he had several guests from North Carolina who recognized the Paw but he did not say that he gave them a free beer. He is now aware of Clemson being the football national champions and is a big fan. Those Tiger Paws can open doors wherever Tiger fans go. Don't leave home without them.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Canterbury Tales

Feb 21, 2019, 6:02 PM

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing Joe. The PAW is slowing infiltrating every corner of the globe!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2019, 6:50 PM

Joe - the next time I'm in Canterbury, I'll ask for the owner / manager and tell your story and then pay the man forward to give the next Clemson fan who comes in a free beer. Never been to The Dolphin, but I'll make a point to find it.

May be a while, but I'm sure I'll be back there again some day. Met some fantastic folks in that town.

Thanks for sharing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Way to go, Joe!***

Feb 21, 2019, 6:52 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2019, 7:07 PM

Word on the street is the guests from North Carolina
were drinking fruity wine coolers.

Feb 21, 2019, 9:11 PM

Or Zima! Remember them? They were a hit in chapel hole.

Feb 21, 2019, 10:16 PM

What do you mean "were" ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And were extremely sexy in their sweater vests to

Feb 22, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Canterbury Tales ]

the nearby sheep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 21, 2019, 8:35 PM

;)

The Nun's Priest's Bartender's Tale

Feb 21, 2019, 9:03 PM

from the mysterious Lost Portfolio

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thou dost tell..

Feb 22, 2019, 9:40 AM

wonderful tales, Joe. May thy live forever.

Feb 22, 2019, 10:15 AM

Joe,

Thanks for your wonderful ambassadorship. What kind of tiger paws are you handing out?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 11:44 AM

For many years I got the knitted small size Paws from the IPTAY office and some from the Alumni office. I bought some from several sources and a friend had access to a source. I still have a few of the woven that go to special places like the Restaurant and Pubs in England. The current supply is the paper "stick-on" and I'm about out of them. I've never made a count but estimate I've given out about 12,000 - 15,000 since the mid 1980s over much of the world. It's definitely been an "ice-breaker" and have met some wonderful people along the way.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic