Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't imagine what this board will do
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Can't imagine what this board will do

Sep 29, 2019, 11:14 AM

When we actually lose a game... whether it's this year, next year, or whenever. We played awful yesterday but won our 20th consecutive game and some of y'all are in full meltdown mode. The end of that game was the first time I've felt excitement this season. Winning every game by 3+ touchdowns can get a little boring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't imagine what this board will do

Sep 29, 2019, 11:22 AM

They probably will be more mellow than you think. They now know we arent that great and won't be surprised. Many of them acted like we brought back the same team as last year. I think people are more realistic now.

exactly!

Sep 29, 2019, 11:26 AM

Friday night we had people thinking we could beat the NE Patriots, Sunday we are looking at the depth charts on FSU and seeing problems. I’m ok with this if we learn and grow from it, if we lose a game from here on out we can forget the playoffs!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offensively, we have four of the same starting OL from last

Sep 29, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

year, the same starting QB, the same RBs, and many of the same WR's, minus Renfrow. Our defense has really exceeded my expectations. We held UNC to just 40 yards total offense from the beginning of the third quarter until that last drive of the game. UNC piled up well over 500 yards of offense on SCAR, and finished yesterday with only 290 yards of total offense. We have been averaging giving up around 260 yards per game this season.

It is the offense that is struggling against better opponents, and 90% of the offensive starters from last year are starters this year. My position is that we have been pulling out starters too early. Other than the A&M game, our starters have been on the bench the second half of our games. Our timing is off on deeper throws. Travis is not blocking well, and Trevor is constantly under pressure.The starters need to play as much of the first three quarters as possible. They need more live bullets in a game than sitting on the bench the second half.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 11:24 AM

After the 1981 title win, we gathered a lot of bandwagon fans. We have a ton more now. I just ignore the negative people. Yesterday, Clemson played a game at an away stadium on a very hot day. To make it worse, the opposing coach had studied film to the point of knowing every vulnerability that Clemson had. Clemson dug deep and won the game. Our record is 5-0. What more do people want?

Sep 29, 2019, 11:29 AM

I can see our O being electric by the playoff, IF we can make it that far.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:26 AM

We DID lose yesterday. We lost what little good will from the media. We lost confidence in the ability to go undefeated. We lost the #1 raking, HeII we might lose a top 5 ranking. We lost the ability to play offense on the level we played last year. So the scoreboard magically and erroneously says we won but the loses far out weigh that pitiful, lucky 1 point embarrassing win. Dabo and staff need to start coaching these guys hard instead of this “ awe shucks” Gomer Pyleesque approach. This team has few if any true leaders, the coaches need to kick azzes and stop all this holding hands love feat going on as of late. Do your jobs...$93 million worth.

can’t tell if you’re joking...

Sep 29, 2019, 11:31 AM

Or just a clown. A reminder that we have won 2 of the last 3 national championships. I’ll defer to those same coaches and the “awe shocks” approach that has worked for us so well the past five years rather than your edicts.

Perhaps it’s time you find something else to do with your time. If you can’t find enjoyment out of two titles in two years and 20 wins in a row just because we had an off game and still won, then I’m not sure anything we do will satisfy you.

Re: can’t tell if you’re joking...

Sep 29, 2019, 12:29 PM

Just think if DW4 returned for his senior season. We could be going for four in a row now. Let that sink in. I feel that the scare yesterday pays us back in spades the rest of the season. I look at rosters and do not see another group of 85 scholarship players that I would pick ahead of Clemson. Same with the coaches. The football team is not comprised of a bunch of robots. They need our support not our criticism. Also, we do not need our recruits reading negatively. Stay positive. Enjoy the week off from football. Focus on the Seminoles. They are gaining confidence and will be coming to compete. Go Tigers!

can’t tell if you’re joking...

Sep 29, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

Or just a clown. A reminder that we have won 2 of the last 3 national championships. I’ll defer to those same coaches and the “awe shocks” approach that has worked for us so well the past five years rather than your edicts.

Perhaps it’s time you find something else to do with your time. If you can’t find enjoyment out of two titles in two years and 20 wins in a row just because we had an off game and still won, then I’m not sure anything we do will satisfy you.

Yeah, you are right, I am satisfied looking in the rear-view

Sep 29, 2019, 11:34 AM

mirror all the way back to 1981! Did we really win 2 of the last 3? Shucks that's pretty good, but I love my 1981 Tigers. That's all I need in my sporting life! :)

Sep 29, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

You are the ultimate armchair coach. Please remain there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

I feel the same way...if it was Danny Fords team they would work till the drop the next couple of weeks ...our offensive line has gotten weak...focus isn't there....time to come back to reality....these boys need a good old fashion wake up call before they lose ...and then its bye bye playoffs and everyone from Alabama starts saying we a a flash in the pan....
Right now this offence is not that good....and it all starts up front in the trenches.....ETN cant get to the line of scrimmage before someone is on him...and Trevor looks like he just started throwing a football....if T Higgins was not so ### good a adjustment in the air we would be in big trouble.....let's get back to basics of smash mouth football...or else....

A flash in the pan? Are you guys nuts?

Sep 29, 2019, 1:27 PM

We have been to four straight playoffs, played in the finals 3 times, beat the likes of Oklahoma, Ohio State, ND and Bama and only lost to Bama.

No one, not even the worst cynics, thinks we are a flash in the pan.

I'm really curious. Or else what? You'll

Sep 29, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

stop being a fan?

LOL at the Danny Ford reference.

Sep 29, 2019, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

Are you serious?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We're just cycling out. That's all.***

Sep 29, 2019, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

Sep 29, 2019, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

It's funny your name is Daboallin when you clearly are not.

GO TIGERS

Sounds like you need to look for anew team to follow

Sep 29, 2019, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't imagine what this board will do ]

Keep your miserable irrational attitude to yourself...good lord. Btw they are constantly looking for a reason to drop Clemson in the dumb polls. Happens every year.

5-0 baby just get the dub

Sep 29, 2019, 12:30 PM

I think the media has been quite fair. Galloway still has us at #1 and Palmer has us at #2. They know Clemson by now and how we operate. We’ve always been a team that starts slow and then we play our best ball when it matters, at the end of the season!

You guys worry more about what this board does

Sep 29, 2019, 12:47 PM

Than what the team does. Who cares if some fans get upset? Not a big deal.

Not sure if it was “excitement” for me or

Sep 29, 2019, 12:59 PM

Sep 29, 2019, 9:59 PM

I seriously hope there are no suicides.

It's not about losing a game

Sep 29, 2019, 10:16 PM

If there is a team that we face that's equal in talent, that's one thing. When you're facing a team though that is outmatched talent wise and you look completely inept on the offensive side of the ball to the point that you give that team who you're a 27 point favorite against a shot to win the game, that's when I have a problem with us losing.

I think opinions would change REAL fast on this board if something similar happened in the SC game at the end of the year. I doubt so many people would be sunshine pumping and making excuses for almost losing to an outmatched team.

Sep 29, 2019, 10:58 PM

It’s not about losing a game it’s about looking lost vs a team that won’t win 5 games this year. If you didn’t get mad Sat you are not a true Tiger. This is about the 100th post with the same topic in less than 2 days.
I believe everyone is cooled out and just waiting to see what happens.
You high almighty types are keeping the chit show that was Sat , still going

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic