Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can’t help but wonder, but are UofSC fans serious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Can’t help but wonder, but are UofSC fans serious

Nov 19, 2020, 1:44 PM

when they think the following :
1. Urban Meyer as their next coach ?? ????
2. Urban Meyer brings instant upgrade for recruiting and national exposure ?? (I do agree with this)
3. Urban Meyer, if hired, would help win league and national championships ?? ????
4. Their program will be relevant again with Meyer or several other coaches ?? ????

Watching their quibbles about their next coach is literally the only reason I have been to their site. While some seem overly optimistic there are some who understand that Urban will not go to UofSC and simply wanted a change. They were headed nowhere with WM so whomever they get next does not have a very high bar to achieve. Maybe they overpay for continual mediocrity or less ?????

I would not mind them being more competitive simply because our Clemson Tigers need a better challenge to end the season before ACCCG.... although I may be kidding myself with this reasoning lol ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can’t help but wonder, but are UofSC fans serious

Nov 19, 2020, 1:53 PM

I called Billy Napier the day they fire ole muschump. To me its the logical choice. No big salary until he proves himself but we are talking about the Game Chicken and logic may not be in their state of mind.

I'd have no concern on salary if I were coaching the coots

Nov 19, 2020, 1:57 PM

I would, however, be interested in a large buyout if/when I failed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd have no concern on salary if I were coaching the coots

Nov 19, 2020, 2:02 PM

That my friend is a very good point.

Re: I'd have no concern on salary if I were coaching the coots

Nov 19, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I'd have no concern on salary if I were coaching the coots ]

Kind of like Mustcant did. Now he and his family can take a long vacation in one of those countries that claim to have a whole body purification pools that cleanses the body and soul!!! A couple of months of daily soaking in one of those pools, he and his family could return home far away from usuc, and return to life with a cleansed and refreshed outlook to life, and away from that cesspool named coot football!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2020, 2:55 PM

I don't think so. Myer claimed health problem when coaching good programs. He would surely have a massive heart attack at usuc before a season was over!!! They are known for killing careers of older, but once great coaches. If Myer went there, they could claim actually causing cardiac arrest, death of a coach!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2020, 3:08 PM

I think looking at his record, it is a tough sell to say being in Columbia killer Spurrier's career.

Nov 19, 2020, 3:38 PM

It is reported that spurior killed his own reputation with booze. I saw the game show news conference with Todd Ellis , which was taken down soon after the first few minutes, in which he slurred his words terribly. Any one who saw it knows a drunk when they see one

Nov 20, 2020, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Can’t help but wonder, but are UofSC fans serious ]

I'm pretty sure Spurrier said later he left because of illness. He was sick of everybody there.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic