Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm feeling generous today, therefore I share a recipe:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 453

I'm feeling generous today, therefore I share a recipe:

Feb 23, 2021, 2:24 PM

Hibiscus water. Some call it Hibiscus tea. In an authentic Mexican joint it may be called simply Jamaica or Agua de Jamaica. FYI, the mexicans don't pronounce it "JUH MAY CAH", it's pronounced more along the lines of "AYE MEH CAH".

Ok. Google around if you like, lots of variations. There are 2 standard ingredients:

Dried Hibiscus flowers
Water

And cheese cloth. You'll need some cheese cloth or some kind of strainer.

You can buy dried hibiscus flowers at a latino grocery or on of course Amazon. I think most everyone here butscept FBCoot has running water, so no worries there. I think $10 on Amazon will get you a nice haul.

Hibiscus flowers are delicious but can be tart. If you want to go the tart route, simply put in enough of them to cover the bottom of whatever container you are using. Fill the rest with water, shake, and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours. 48+ is better. Strain it into another container, then drink it.

If you want to sweeten it some, by all means do so! This can be done with sugar, splenda, honey, or agave. I prefer agave. Just put sweetener into it when filling with water, shake, refrigerate, wait, and drink.

Some will boil the water and /or add other flavors. I've not felt the need to do all that but do experiment if you wish.

TRDJ drinks probably a gallon of this stuff weekly. I sweeten with agave and add nothing else other than water and hibiscus flowers. The end product is red and delicious and is a good alternative to plain water and to other drinks that may not be great for you.

The end, and your welcome. El Chapo's wife being arrested today is what got me in the mood to share in case anyone was wondering.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you make this with gray water?

Feb 23, 2021, 2:31 PM

Asking for FBCoachSC®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

How does one make a cloth out of cheese?***

Feb 23, 2021, 2:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't you just buy it. HTH.***

Feb 23, 2021, 2:36 PM

You shred it first

Feb 23, 2021, 2:38 PM [ in reply to How does one make a cloth out of cheese?*** ]

and knit a weave

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Use some ole dirty righty whiteys...***

Feb 23, 2021, 2:57 PM [ in reply to How does one make a cloth out of cheese?*** ]

That will make hisbiscuits tea instead. No flowers needed.***

Feb 23, 2021, 3:02 PM

Way ahead of you

Feb 23, 2021, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 453
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic