Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can you imagine if Dabo threatened to leave if a reporter or someone else wasn't fired?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Can you imagine if Dabo threatened to leave if a reporter or someone else wasn't fired?

Oct 1, 2012, 5:47 PM

First of all it would never happen. If in some unreal world it did I'd tell him not to let the door hit him on the way out.
It amazes me that coots don't see that he doesn't give rip about them or their school. Or maybe they know and just don't care.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who did that?***

Oct 1, 2012, 5:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier, according to Greg Doyell !! *****

Oct 1, 2012, 5:51 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doyle was wrong

Oct 1, 2012, 6:31 PM

Spurrier never said anything about wanting Ron fired

LOL.***

Oct 1, 2012, 6:32 PM

Let me guess, as you type this you're looking at your

Oct 1, 2012, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Doyle was wrong ]

framed Spurrier painting?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No- I'm looking at his comments***

Oct 1, 2012, 10:16 PM

yes he did***

Oct 2, 2012, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Doyle was wrong ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Dabo wanted Kornblut fired, some ppl would back him.

Oct 1, 2012, 5:50 PM

I think it's dumb but some fans love that out of their coach.

Just don't give Dabo

Oct 1, 2012, 5:53 PM

a speeding ticket!

;)

this already happened at Clemson

Oct 1, 2012, 6:02 PM [ in reply to If Dabo wanted Kornblut fired, some ppl would back him. ]

in a round about way. Danny was trying to get jock dorm, the administration was talking what is now Vickery Hall.

Danny went to IPTAY spring meetings preaching dorm and how members should rise up.

The investigation was a ruse after Gator Bowl. If they really had anything, they would not have paid one million to say goodbye.

Spurrier is tired of Morris. I read the column, and the use of Penn State as an example of a coach running the show was probably not smart. He did apologize for that. Morris as been equally hard on Swinney, but evidently Spurrier is starting to get the ####### gene back since he has good teams. Gamecock fans will follow him over the cliff after 100 years of mediocrity.

Most interesting part is how will owners of State newspaper handle when people threaten to remove ads and not subscribe to Gamecocks.com.

Should be interesting. I personally believe you tell him to shut up and coach or "head to the beach."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier said he would have gone to the real Carolina or the beach

Oct 1, 2012, 6:01 PM

If he had known the local media would not bow down to him.
He thinks he is bigger than USuC and apparently their fans don't care.

You make a good point that I'm surprised hasn't registered

Oct 1, 2012, 6:14 PM

with USC fans. What Spurrier actually was saying was that he is more important than the university, when he says he wouldn't have taken the job had he known he would be subjected to criticism. Coach Spurrier has been a renowned public personna long enough to know better. Therefore, I'm afraid his collegiate coaching successes have gone to his head and are revealing quite a narcissistic trait...unflattering to say the least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he wasn't

Oct 1, 2012, 6:23 PM

He wasn't saying he's more important than the university. That's ludicrous.

You can disagree with Spurrier fussing and complaining about a columist all day- and that's fine. But saying he believes he's bigger than the university is out of left, left field.

Spurrier doesn't care if folks are critical of him. He cares when he feels a columnist implies that he's lying about things that are important to him.

Morris didn't lie about Shaw.***

Oct 2, 2012, 2:40 AM

And the funny thing about the Spurrier/Morris controversy

Oct 1, 2012, 6:02 PM

is the fact that the same fans screaming for Morris' head will be the same screaming for Spurrier's should the Gamecocks' season collapse followed by Spurrier's immediate retirement! Disagreeing with a columnist is one thing; demanding his firing is a horse of a different color. When a group of angry sports' fans assumes the power to control the press, then we are all in big trouble.

I haven't demanded that Ron

Oct 1, 2012, 6:26 PM

be fired.

I have openly questioned his ludicrous comparison of Penn State in his appearance on a national radio show.

I've also contacted (by email) some people that know Ron and like him and both of them have told me that - for whatever reason- Ron has let this thing get personal with him too (just like Spurrier has).

The only coach at USC that Ron has supported consistently was Darrin Horn. Horn - a guy that had no relationship with any media member at South Carolina and refused for most of his career to have anything to do with South Carolina fans.

Spurrier refuses to have anything to do with coot fans...

Oct 2, 2012, 1:15 AM

so what's the difference?

The State is already pretty much non existent. They put more

Oct 1, 2012, 6:08 PM

in to covering USC than anything else, including state government, local news, etc. All the pieces are fluffy, cheer leader type stuff. The only exception was Morris. Apparently that was how they could rationalize being such "homers". It looks like they've managed to antagonize the only real constituency they had, the USC types.

disagree

Oct 1, 2012, 6:29 PM

Andy Shain was hardly a cheerleader. Andy had plenty of articles that weren't positive or really negative about South Carolina.

Jospeh Person - who now covers the Panthers in Charlotte- was basically Mr Negative in every article he ever wrote about South Carolina. I like Joe a lot - but a lot of the time he took a less than enthusiastic approach to his articles - about everything.

Ron's only problem is his seemingly personal attacks. His comment about Penn State and South Carolina in the same sentence was just low class and a last straw for a lot of fans.

I'll add

Oct 1, 2012, 6:30 PM

Seth Emerson who wrote for the State for a few years before getting a better job in Georgia.

I liked Seth a lot too - but he wasn't a cheerleader by any stretch of any imagination.

In fact, he was one of the few beat writers that would give his opininon - and it was usually blistering his his coverage of USC basketball- and rightfully so.

In all their defense, y'all pretty much sucked wind for that

Oct 1, 2012, 6:43 PM

whole time period.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but even in the decent year

Oct 1, 2012, 10:17 PM

that Odom had winning the NIT titles, the State beat writers were never in love with the job Dave Odom was doing- and Seth Emerson said so quite a few times.

You missed the point...

Oct 1, 2012, 6:40 PM [ in reply to disagree ]

"The State" IS irrelevant.

And it will be gone in 5 years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't "miss the point" because how long The State is

Oct 1, 2012, 10:18 PM

around or not wasn't being discussed.

^^^more of the inferiority complex^^^***

Oct 2, 2012, 1:17 AM

Tymick's 5 posts proves a nerve has been touched

Oct 1, 2012, 8:07 PM

Obviously you know Spurrier meant it when he said he would have gone to Carolina - you know, the real one.
A fan that cares about his school calls out someone for comments like that. A coward that only cares about football defends it.

I take him out his word- I never denied

Oct 1, 2012, 10:19 PM

what he said.

I said he never said he wanted Ron Morris fired.

Ok then, maybe I missed this. What are the "changes"

Oct 2, 2012, 4:31 AM

That spurrier said were coming? Has that been determIned? He o course was vague and left people to assume intentionally. He had to know some would wonder if that would mean Ron would be gone. If not, what does it mean?

Any way you look at it it was a childish rant. Y'all like to bash dabo for his,but thus one was tantrum toddler style.

At least Spurrier's whining is timely this time

Oct 2, 2012, 3:17 AM

Last time he waited six months to whine and complain about Ron Morris's Bruce Ellington column.

So maybe he not being as disingenuous as he was last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic